When applying for a sales position, providing information about yourself is just like providing a sales pitch to a client. In this case, your client is your prospective employer. If you plan to write a professional sales resume, you need to make sure that you are guided by samples that can help you improve your qualifications and competencies discussion.
Writing a targeted resume can be one of your options if you like to be considered for a specific sales position. However, you may also opt to use general resume types if you are willing to work for the sales department of a company no matter what position it is that they will provide you with. If you need help in formatting your professional sales profile, refer to the downloadable templates available in this post.
Entry-Level Sales Resumes
Entry-Level Medical Sales
Sales Representative Resume
Executive Sales Resumes
Account Executive Sales
Sales Manager Resume
Two Things to Consider in Writing a Sales Resume
A sales resume should provide information that can help you land a job in the field of sales. Two of the main things that you need to consider in writing sales resume examples are as follows:
- Your technical skills. The industry of sales is a highly technical field. You need to make sure that your sales resume can showcase your competency in both field and administrative works. The sales operations of businesses rely on the employees, which can provide the company with new clients while retaining the existing market of the business. Having the technical skills will allow you to be considered more compared to those applicants who are unaware of the competencies that sales works require them to have.
- Your professional work experiences in the field of sales. Though there are job positions in the field of sales that consider fresh graduates and career shifters, it will be one of your advantages if you already have prior experiences in the industry. Knowing sales systems, processes, trends, and the likes can provide a positive impact to employers. If you will use a sales associate resume or any other kinds of entry-level resumes, just make sure that you have the abilities that can make up for your lack of professional work experiences.
Medical Sales Resumes
Medical Sales Representative
Medical Sales Manager
Medical Device Sales
Retail Sales Resumes
Entry Level Retail
Retail Manager Sales
Retail Sales Associate
Sales Assistant Resume
Sales Manager Assistant
Sales Administrative Assistant
What Should Your Sales Resume Contain?
Aside from your technical skills and professional work experiences, there are still other items that you may add to your sales resume template that can help you get higher chances in forwarding to the next stages of the application process.
- Your connections in the industry. In the field of sales, it is very important for you to have a healthy professional relationship with different entities. These entities include clients and/or customers, suppliers, other businesses within the industry where you belong, and sellers. Being able to maintain a strong relationship with these people will help you have easy access to different items needed by your prospective employer in relevance to its sales operations.
- Your ability to sell. As a sales person, one of your main functions is to assure that the company will have a smooth and continuous operation. One way of doing this is by showcasing your selling ability in your resume. This can be done by providing specific numbers in your work experiences, especially if you have quotas to reach in a specific time period. The ability of an applicant to sell is mostly needed in sales executive resumes as these candidates will focus on selling the products and/or services of the business should they be hired by a company.
- Your achievement in the field of sales. One area that you should curate precisely is your list of achievements. Some items that you can place here are the awards that you have received as a sales practitioner or the special citations that your company has given you due to exemplary performance.
Sales Director Resume
Regional Sales Director
Sales and Marketing Director
Sales Director Example
Sales Engineer Resume
Technical Sales Engineer
Sales Application Engineer
Sales Engineer Manager
Entry-Level Sales Resumes
The usage of entry-level sales resumes are highly beneficial to rank-and-file applicants who can be from any of the following groups:
- Fresh graduates whose main line of degree program is related to sales functions
- Career shifters who would like to try getting a work post in the sales industry
- Graduates with sales background but have professional work experiences that are not related to the field of sales
- Other applicants who would like to apply for entry level sales positions
In using sales resume samples for entry-level positions, it is highly advisable to use a functional resume type as it can provide more information about the technical skills, abilities, and competencies of an individual rather than his/her professional work experiences.
Sales Manager Resumes
A sales manager resume, unlike an entry-level sales resume, can be formatted through a chronological resume type. This is due to the reason that applicants for a sales manager position should have an extensive work background in the field of sales. Using a chronological resume type will allow candidates to showcase their work experiences in their sales manager resumes.
You can use a sales manager resume if you are any of the following:
- Applicants who are currently employed as a sales manager to another company
- Applicants with previous supervisory and/or managerial experiences, especially those that are related to the field of sales
- Candidates who already have an outstanding work experience in the field of sales and is seeking for professional growth
Sales Manager Resumes
Retail Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager
Sales Marketing Resume
Sales Marketing Manager
Sales Marketing Executive
Sales Officer Resumes
Sales and Marketing Officer
Sales Tax Officer
Bank Sales Officer
Sales Representative Resume
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Sales Representative Sample
Guidelines in Creating a Sales Resume
- Be knowledgeable in different kinds of sales resume designs and select the resume design that is fit for your qualifications, the job position that you are applying for, and the requirements of the company who can be your future employer.
- Be aware of the job position that you would like to have, if there is any. Your qualification listing should depend on the job position that you are targeting. This will help you to create a resume that can directly showcase your ability to perform professionally if the company will hire you. May it be a sales assistants resume or a sales director resume that you will create, your professional profile must be able to provide your strengths so you can impress your prospective employer.
- You may refer to existing sales resume samples and templates so you can be guided in creating your professional sales profile accordingly. You can change different items and information present within the templates depending on how it suits your professional qualifications.
- You sales resume should be organized. The content of your professional profile should showcase how you can arrange the documents that you need to present both to clients and the management. The employers need to see that you can properly present data, which is one of the main tasks that you need to do to gather sales for the business.