For companies, a professional resume is the most important medium to employ a specific individual, as it contains all the information needed to know if he or she is fit for the job. In a resume, one of the most common parts is the accomplishment’s section wherein, an employee’s achievements and training received are displayed. An accomplishments section will also tell an employee’s key skills as well.
The accomplishments section help interviewers or the hiring company get a breakdown of a certain individual’s set of achievements and training or seminars attended in the process. Having an accomplishments section in an employee’s resume is another strategy or a manifestation of a branding statement to attract companies.
Resume’s Accomplishment Section: Tips and Tricks
It is undeniable that your resume’s accomplishment section is one of the information that hiring managers look forward to in reviewing an applicant’s resume. To help you in the process, refer to the following points:
- Prepare beforehand the required documentations. Take note that the accomplishment section is critical in any achievement section. Generic resume templates. However, you should be careful in putting information in it. Every single detail must be genuine and as much as possible supported by proof. To make things easier, you can create a list or outline of your accomplishments.
- Expand your achievements. One of the best way of substantiating your achievements in by using the PAR process, as what are detailed in most resume research studies and websites. You should state the problem, the action you’ve taken to resolve the dilemma, and the positive outcomes and results. In resume format templates, you should emphasize measurable results.
- Make use of appropriate keywords and action words. You can use industry-specific action words to make your statements more bold, targeted, and professional. This is where you need to apply your research and writing skills in order to communicate an engaging and professional
How to Write the Accomplishment Section of a Resume?
Most people consider the accomplishment section as a mere list of work responsibilities. That should not be the case. As portrayed by resume examples, these section must get the attention of hiring managers and hook them in setting an interview date with you. To know the simple ways of writing the accomplishment section, review the following steps:
- Choose an appropriate header for the accomplishment section. You can access a variety of topi headers for your accomplishment section. There are traditional ones and also modern ones such as those in modern resume templates. Choose the header that best exemplify the preferences of your target company.
- Make use of bullets in enumerating related points. Bullets are your best friend in dealing with the said section. As much as possible the details must be easy to skim and read on the hiring manager’’s end. To add, your bullet detail must start with an appropriate action word.
- Start from the most recent accomplishment. List your accomplishments in a chronological manner starting from the most recent one. You should also indicate the awarding party, the title of the achievement or award given, the date you’ve received such award, and any other relevant details.