Photography is one of the fields that have a limited market for labor. With smartphones and digital cameras with smart photography settings, almost everyone can claim to be a photographer. But you, the professional, know that photography isn’t just bout pointing and shooting, there are various elements that need to be factored in and adjusted to get the perfect shot.
This is what you’ll want to say in your résumé: that you have the proper skills and knowledge of a photography. Your résumé should state to your employer why it’s wiser to invest in you than an amateur whose photography skills are limited to Auto settings.
To help you find the job you’re looking for, we’ve compiled for you a list of photographer résumés that you can download and use. There is one for every kind of professional photography that is generally demanded in companies. We also have other résumé templates you could download should you wish to apply for other positions.
Digital Photographer Resume
Wedding Photographer Resume
Architectural Photographer Resume
Assistant Photographer Resume
Self Employed Photographer Resume
Getting a Job in Photography
- Look into the company where you are hoping to get hired. Usually, companies who need photographers have products or services that they need to market with images, such as food, real estate, fashion, and other industries that rely heavily on images for marketing.
- Make a portfolio of your best shots. Photographers usually find and develop a niche when they start their profession. If you’re best at portraits, take as many shots of every kind and angle as possible and send it to a modeling agency, a real estate company, or wherever that use people as faces for their brand. The same goes for food photographers, landscape photographers, etc. You’ll need your prospective employer to know the full range of your skills.
- Create an impressive résumé. Here is where we can help you with that. We have in stock a number of photographer résumé templates that are available for download, suitable for every kind of photography work generally needed by companies. These can be edited to the information specific to your needs. We also have media résumé templates for when you wish to lend your photography skills to television networks, online media, or print media.
Advertising Photographer Resume
Entry Level Photographer Resume
Event Photographer Resume Sample
How to Download Our Photography Resume Templates
- Choose from the list the kind of photography work you’d want to get hired for. Our résumés are free to download and completely editable. The lot of them are in .doc format, but we also have PSD résumé templates should you need it in this more specific format.
- Click Download and open it in Word, or your word processor of choice.
- Modify the information with the details specific to your needs.
- Print or Save and send to your prospective employee. Good luck!