Tracking or monitoring time is important, especially if such documents are to be used for business purposes, as it can either be a reference for an employee’s attendance and their pay. With regard to this, timesheets are always used to record a specific employee’s time. The company may either make one for them, or the employees can create one by using a personal balance sheet or a business balance sheet on the employer’s end.
Here, we share a variety of timesheet templates you can download and use, as well as more information about these types of forms, and how they can help you in your daily activities, or with your timekeeping concerns. Timesheets have a variety of applications and the provided templates attest to that.
Weekly Timesheet Templates
Temporary Worker Weekly Timesheet
Staff Weekly Timesheet
Monthly Staff Timesheet
Monthly Student Timesheet
Monthly Timesheet for Volunteer
Creating Your Timesheet
Creating your own timesheet can be an easy thing and does not really require a lot of materials. As long as you have all the details you need, you won’t need to worry about creating your own timesheet template design. Below are some ways to create your very own timesheet:
- Use Microsoft Excel . You can use Microsoft Excel to create your timesheets easily. With this software program, you should be able to create your own sheet within minutes. If you’re dealing with numerical information, numbers timesheet templates work best for you. To add, Excel generated timesheets are easy to manage, edit, and update.
- Make your timesheet manually. On the one hand, no one is stopping you from creating your own timesheet manually by just using a sheet of paper and a pen.
What is Timesheet Management?
Timesheet management refers to the process of preparing, building, editing, and developing a timesheet. Bear in mind that these documents allow you to record, process, and present data in a professional manner.
Using high quality free timesheet templates can also help you manage your timesheets. The efficacy and efficiency of a timesheet depends on the content and used. Furthermore, there are different types of timesheets for different industries. Contractor timesheet templates will be different from law, marketing or even finance.
There are also certain types of software that will allow you to manage time tracking activities digitally. In this case, everything will be automated and a lot easier for both employees and employers to handle.
Employee Daily Timesheet
Internship Daily Timesheet
Daily Timesheet Example
Hourly Employee Timesheet
Timesheet for Individual Employee
Blank Weekly Timesheet
What Are Payroll Timesheets?
Payroll timesheets are often used by an HR department for attendance, timekeeping, and payroll purposes. It is very important for them to use this form because it is essential for them to get the number of hours a specific employee has rendered. Aside from that, here are other uses of timesheets:
- Recording Attendance – They will also use timesheets as a reference for recording tardiness, absences, and other attendance issues.
- Managing a Startup – Payroll timesheets are also often used by starting or small business establishments, where they refer to timesheets to record time, attendance, or tardiness instead of purchasing advanced HRIS software programs and bio-metrics machines to do the timekeeping. Printable timesheet templates are handy for these types of establishments.
- Conducting Fieldwork – Timesheets are also used by establishments that do a lot of fieldwork, like construction companies, wherein they hire a timekeeper to monitor the employee’s attendance by using a timesheet.
More Timesheet Templates
Timesheets come in a variety of types and applications. Consider the following:
- Consultant Timesheet Templates – Consultants offer their technical services to different clients. That is why timesheets are very important in recording their accomplished tasks. It can also be used in the computation of fees and the making of invoices.
- Internship Timesheet Templates – For interns, timesheets form a great part in their internship program. Interns are expected to render and full an expected number of hours and days.
- Timesheet Templates (Daily, Weekly, etc.) – Depending on your preference, timesheets come formatted based on different periods of time. These can be daily, weekly, monthly or even annually.
Weekly Contractor Timesheet
Timesheet for Contractor Example
Construction Weekly Timesheet
Construction Timesheet Example
Sample Timesheet for Construction & Engineering
Daily Paid Consultant
Consultant Timesheet Example
Using Your Timesheet Form
Using your timesheet forms can be as simple as filling out the basic details of a bio-data form. As long as you can track or monitor an employee’s time-in and time-out, you have nothing to worry about. All you have to do is just fill out the specific time the employee went in and time the employee finished his/her shift.
Furthermore, ensure that you choose the right timesheet template frequency to match the set of data you’re dealing with may it be a weekly timesheet, monthly timesheet or a daily timesheet template.
Advantages of Using Timesheets
Using a timesheet will give the company or organization numerous benefits.
- One benefit is being able to track or monitor a specific employee’s time in and out easily. By doing so, management can track if the specific employee is following his or her shift schedule assigned.
- Another benefit is that these documents make employee management a little bit more convenient for the HR department. By using timesheets, they can easily track any attendance discrepancies and tardiness. In monthly timesheet templates, for instance, HR personnel can easily take note of an employee’s attendance status so employees can receive appropriate remunerations.
Independent Volunteer Project
Project Timesheet Example
Weekly Project Timesheet
Payroll Timesheet for Hourly Employees
Student Payroll Timesheet
Bi-Weekly Payroll Time Sheet
Volunteer Timesheet Example
Blank Volunteer Timesheet
Tips in Creating a Timesheet
To create a fully functional timesheet, you will need to place the essential details Below are some tips to help you in creating your own timesheet:
- Consider the type of timesheet that matches your data set. The nature of the data set will truly matter in the selection of a timesheet. There are elements that are unique for volunteer timesheet templates or those for business.
- Secure software programs you need. You should be able to secure the specific software program you will be using to create your own timesheet. The most common software programs being used today to create sheets are either Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel.
- Double check for any missing information. It is important to make sure that you have all the important details placed in your timesheet to avoid any issues later on from the employee or management. Moreover, simple timesheet templates are still advisable if you want to emphasize complex information.
- Fill in all details required. To make it easier for management or the HR department to scan through the timesheet, It is important to place all the details in the specific areas or sections in your timesheet.