There are a lot of assistant managers or those with high positions who feel as if they cannot handle their job. Often, they would like to state to their employers that they no longer wish to handle the duties that they are assigned to and they would like to be transferred to a general position that they feel more comfortable in.
One of the best ways that they can do this is by writing and submitting demotion letters asking for an employee transfer. This article will help you write such a letter, so keep reading.
What should you write in your letter?
Be sure that the following components are in your demotion letter:
- Your complete name and the current position that you hold. This is something that you definitely should not forget as your employers are going to need these two pieces of information when it comes to debating whether or not you should get a demotion. You may also like retirement letters
- A statement of appreciation. Just like when you are writing an appreciation letter, you have to clearly say that you are thankful for the opportunity that your employer has given you and that the position was a good step in your career plan.
- State the reason why you would like to be transferred to another position. This is something that you have to be very clear about.
- Explain how you are going to move forward. You may now request for the position that you would like to go after. State that the position that you would like to be transferred to will benefit both you and the company. You can say that your skills and experiences better suit the position that you want and that you will be able to do all the duties and responsibilities without question. You may also see appeal letters
- Make sure that you hand out a physical copy to the person who will determine whether or not you get demoted. This will be used during a discussion regarding whether or not you should get the transfer you are asking for. You may also like transfer letters
Just like all business letters, you have to make sure that you properly proofread these. You do not want to end up with a letter with a lot of grammar and spelling errors now, would you?
Letter of Demotion Template
Reasons you can state for wanting a transfer
If you really feel that you would like to go over to a different position because you no longer wish to stay in the one that you are in, then here are some acceptable reasons that you can state in your demotion letter:
The duties and responsibilities are too much for you to handle and they have taken too much of a toll on your physical or mental health (possibly both)
- If you are business transferring because you cannot get along with a particular coworker, then you can simply state that you are not fit for the professional job and be as vague about it as possible
- If it is because you would like to spend more time with your family, then just be sure to clearly say so
- You think that there is another position in the software company that is better suited to your qualities, along with your skills and knowledge
If you would like to learn more about this kind of topic or anything that is related to it, be sure to read our other posts.