The importance of note-taking cuts across all classes of people may it be for students, professionals, and even experts. A good set of notes can help you come up with substantive arguments and grounded recommendations and propositions.
For some, note-taking is considered as a tedious endeavor. Unless you’re gifted with a photographic memory or other special skills, then taking notes and using note templates can help you document and remember relevant facts and details. To give you an idea on how notes should be structured to attain excellence and efficiency, we have a variety of note templates that you may refer to.
Absence Note Templates
School Absence Note
Briefing Note Templates
Briefing Note Example
Cover Note Template
Insurance Cover Note
Why Is It Important to Take Down Notes?
This is a popular question among students who are not really into taking down notes. That is why educators must enlighten them and let them understand the significance of having notes. The act of taking down notes is considered as a learning process. The more you take down notes, the more you process and understand the subject matter you’re on the process of learning with.
- It is considered as a form of evidence. Your notes either in a documentary form or electronically generated have hold legal weight. You can use them to defend a case, a researcher paper, an alleged violation that you claimed to be purely speculations, and many more. A good example would be a credit note Template that serves as proof that a certain amount is credited to your account.
- And lastly, it allows you to capture relevant facts and ideas. As you may observe, every time that you hear information and ideas that you consider to be new, timely, inspirational, or relevant, you always have that drive in you that pushes you to put those ideas into writing. Note-taking allows you to take note of relevant facts and sort them out accordingly. In sorting them out, blank Cornell note templates are mostly used because of its convenient structure and features.
Meeting Note Templates
Release Note Templates
Release Note Example
Soap Note Templates
Blank Soap Note
Common Forms of Note Templates
Notes come in various formats and usage. They both have formal and informal applications. Take a look at our list of note templates and select the templates that suits your interest.
- Absence Note Templates – Most academic institutions require absent note from students as a way of excuse for the latter’s absence. The note should substantiate the reasons for the student’s absence. This note goes with a medical doctor note template in cases where the student was absent due to medical reasons.
- Briefing Note Templates – Briefing notes are mostly written by government agencies to convey relevant public sector announcements and recommendations. When it comes to the components of these notes, it would truly depend on its intended use. However, the templates provided here can show you the ropes and its basic dynamics of briefing notes.
- Meeting Note Templates – Meeting notes are significant regardless of the nature and agenda of a meeting. The note must contain the attendance details, the relevant points of discussions, the comments and suggestions, and the action plans. For those who are assigned to document the minutes and proceedings of a meeting, these templates are ideal for you.
- Note Agreement Templates – There are also note templates that serve as an agreement at the same time such as in the case of promissory notes. For those who are having a hard time starting your promissory note or loan agreement note, then these templates are ideal for you. Notes are important in documenting financial transactions and in establishing a sound creditor-debtor relationship.
- Note Card Templates – Aside from the note formats, there are also note cards that you may download and customize. You can use these note card templates in conveying your gratitude and appreciation to your employees. For employers, you may also send holiday note cards to your clients and customer as simple gestures that manifests your professionalism.
Visit Note Template
Note Agreement Templates
Loan Note Agreement
Secured Promissory Note Agreement
What Are the Must-See Elements in a Note Template?
Even if the components of a note vary, there are still standard sections that are generally included in notes such as the following:
- Purpose of the Note – Regardless of the type of note, it must be labeled accordingly. By giving the recipient an overview of the purpose of the note makes it easy for them to know what is the appropriate response to it.
- Main Content – This is the core of your note. From the general overview you’ve provided, you need to elaborate them further. This is where you can use appropriate headings and subheadings to make it more appealing and comprehensive. In enumerating relevant points, you can use bullets to make it more comprehensible and easy to follow.
- Details of the parties Involved – The note must contain the basic information of the writer and the intended audience of the note. If the one writing the note is a government agency, a corporation, or other business entities, then you need to provide the details of the said company or organization. In a loan note, the details of the creditor and the debtor must be specifically included.
- Signatures – Without the appropriate signatures, notes will not be authenticated such as in the case of commercial and legal notes such as in the case of demand note templates. For informal notes such as study notes or other documentations, signatures are not really necessary.
Progress Note Templates
Daily Progress Note
Note Card Templates
Digital Note Card
Thank You Note Card
Holiday Note Card
What Are Some Effective Ways of Writing Your Notes?
In order to write a comprehensive and substantive note, you need to consider note-taking as not just merely documenting. Documentation is about listening to relevant information, writing them down, and presenting them in the most professional manner. Check out the following tips.
- Prepare a material or any platform to take notes. You can either opt for a manual note-taking process that involves manually writing your the information in a piece of paper or using a database or software in documenting the note.
- Be consistent. Consistency means using terms consistently all throughout the note to prevent confusion. You can also use parallelism to make it more comprehensible and easy to digest.
- Review and revise your notes. After making your first draft, you need to process and plan how you will present them in a professional. In line with this, templates can be a good reference. In writing promissory notes, research about how a promissory note template is written in order to fully comply on its negotiability aspect.
- Adopt a professional format. If you’re dealing with thank-you notes templates, you can put some creative spice and twists on it provided that the professional character of the note is still there.