In business, notes are considered to be annotations attached to a specific document, and it usually discloses important information that’s considered integral to the document. In some cases, notes are also given without being attached to a particular document. A job interview thank you note, for example, states gratitude for being invited for an interview.
Other types include a promissory note, a document stating a promise to pay a specific amount to a particular person on a fixed date mandated by the payee. Other various types of thank you notes in PDF, in which our site gladly offers. Thank you notes are mainly about expressing gratitude towards any action thought to be worth even a simple acknowledgment.
90+ Note Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers -START DOWNLOADING
Promissory Note Templates
What to Write in a Thank You Note
Do you ever realize you want to get to writing a thank you note but are not sure about what to include and how it should be written. Well then, our note examples in DOC and thank you note examples in PDF is perfect for you!
Anyhow, the list below will help you in acquiring knowledge:
- Do not forget to show your gratitude, conveying that you are grateful for a thing that has been given to you or for a favor that someone has done for you.
- Next, it is a must to mention the thing or the act you’ve been thankful for. Knowing why a thank you note was given to them will allow the recipient to appreciate the gesture. This is true for whatever note you need to give. A doctor’s note, for example, even if you used a doctor’s note template as reference, needs the writer to specify the main purpose of the document—whether it is to excuse oneself from school or from work. This way, confusion is avoided.
- State why you are thankful as well as the extent to which it helped or delighted you. Do this sincerely, of course.
- The closing statement must come next. It should be focused on the particular person and should be personalized. This is unlike meeting notes templates that is addressed generally to all persons involved.
- Lastly, add your signature to convey a warm feeling. A postscript can be added to if you like.
Thank You Notes
Interview Thank You
Personal Thank You
Business Thank You
Reasons for Writing Thank You Notes
Although writing a thank you not is not as technical or as complicated as writing another type of not, say, a Cornell note. For this, you would need a Cornell notes template as reference just so you manage to get the structure right. For thank you notes, however, all you really need is heartfelt gratitude and the necessity to express it.
Below is a list of the reasons why people write thank you notes:
Thank you notes are for personal purposes most of the time. It is usually given after someone receives a gift during occasions such as birthdays, weddings, and graduations for items such as gift cards, cold hard cash, or items. This type of note can also be given when you appreciate someone who has done a favor for you.
In structuring a personal thank you note, it should be as follows:
- Put your address at the topmost part.
- When addressing the recipient, the word “Dear” is recommended.
- Next thing is the statement as to why you are enjoying the gift or how it was helpful for you.
- A good closing sentence that provides a less formal feeling. It must be personalized.
Business matters can also be the reason why someone would write a thank you note and they are:
- When someone receives a promotion or a rise in the pay.
- After a business dinner or lunch or party that has resulted to a tighter bond and relationship between colleagues or the boss.
- When someone at work took a considerable time to give their advice and words of wisdom to you.
- When a colleague has given you a gift or has rendered a favor for you, this may fall on the personal category yet could still be in business because the person is a colleague.
- In structuring a thank you note for a business letter, it should always follow the standard of the usual business letter.
How to Write a Professional Thank You Note
Business letters, such a professional thank you note, adheres to different measures and guidelines in creating one. Tips are always considered to be one of the most helpful resource in making any type of document such as a delivery note template or promissory note templates. But there are also instances that a person has no time to read tips or to refer to business templates no matter how much they ease the burden of writing such documents.
- Choosing a high quality paper is one of the most important considerations when you want to write a thank you note. This is important because the quality of the paper serves as an intro to the quality of the thank you note.
- Adhering to the standard business letter format is a wise procedure because it conveys formality.
- Specifying of the reasons is a must. It must not go around the bush. Straight, direct to the point but still in a friendly tone.
- Mentioning of future aids and possible returning of favors for the person is good too; but do not swear or make any promises as you might not be able to do it.
- Restating the gratitude is a good way to end the thank you note.
Merits of Thank You Note Templates
Creating new documents from scratch can be very overwhelming and could somehow be considered as a waste. In business, time is always gold, so it is important to consider using time-saving resources such as templates. A release note template for instance can save you so much time because the process of distributing products needs to be recorded in detail and can often take a huge chunk of time.
The benefits one can get from templates are:
- The increase speed in document creation.
- There will be a lowered percentage of errors. Thank you note template are already presented with a fixed lay-out, which means there is little room for mistakes.
- Consistency and conciseness is always present in the document.
- Using thank you note templates enables one to save money. Since a template has already a fixed lay-out, there is no need to hire someone to create documents from scratch for the business.
- Another thing, using templates helps improve the productivity of output in any aspect of a business.
Although several shortcuts do not come highly recommended, you can rest assured that this is one shortcut you need to take in order to up the efficiency of your business operations with regard to customer relations. Do not take either the thank you note or their corresponding templates for granted. As with all things, make good use of them.