Different Types of Professional Warning Letters
One of the common reasons why an HR manager or a department head writes a professional warning letter is to inform a member(s) of the organization or department who has violated any codes of the company policy. Aside from stating the violations made, the department manager or supervisor can also state the possible consequences that come when the recipient of the letter continues to ignore or neglect the warning given to him or her.
This article will discuss everything you need to know about a professional warning letter.
What’s in a Warning Letter
Before we discuss the basic elements of a professional warning letter, it is important that we should agree and be on the same page when it comes to its definition. A warning letter is a document that is addressed to a person that has violated either a contract or certain rules and regulations set by the organization. It usually gives a detailed statement of the terms and condition that are violated and sometimes, it also includes the possible consequences that may come when the person continues to disregard the terms. When no improvement is made, the legal contract between the two parties is terminated.
Types of a Professional Warning Letter
There are different types of warning letters that you can write. No matter what type of warning letter you are writing, it should always focus on its main purpose and that is to notify the addressee the need to correct the issue by providing him or her with corrective actions and a time frame to resolve the issue.
Employee Warning Letter – This type of warning letter is used to discuss performance and unethical conduct issues committed by the employee. It is usually given after issuing a verbal warning to the erring employee. When writing an employee warning letter, you should briefly explain the offense by stating the specific actions or behavior that is against the terms and conditions that are set in the employment contract. The letter should also include possible consequences, such as suspension or contract termination should the employee fails to resolve the issue or follow the corrective action plan set by the company. Usually, contract termination happens when the erring employee receives the final warning letter. Here are the different types of employee warning letters:
- Attendance Warning Letter – An employee is usually given an attendance warning letter due to chronic tardiness and absenteeism. As we all know, both tardiness and absenteeism do not only affect the overall productivity of the business, but they also impact on the morale of the other members of the organization.
- Poor Performance Warning Letter – This type of employee warning letter is commonly written for an employee who has been underperforming in achieving his or her quota or when the employee is not functioning well to fulfill his or her duties and responsibilities.
- Behavior Warning Letter – An employee who has shown unacceptable behavior in the workplace is given a behavior warning letter, especially if such behavior has caused disruption in the production.
Safety Warning Letter – It is always a must for all employers to ensure the safety of their employees working in their organization. When a company fails to adhere to the safety rules, then they may be putting the safety of their people at risk. When the safety agency has proven that the company has failed to follow the safety rules, they will have to issue a safety warning letter to the company. Here are the different types of safety warning letter
- Construction Safety Warning – A construction firm is often given a safety warning letter due to the following reasons:
- Falling debris
- Workers not wearing the proper gear in the construction site
- Not disclosing to the public that the company is complying with the federal safety requirements
- Not observing safety precautions within or near the vicinity of the construction site.
- Food Safety Warning – Since food is one of the basic necessities of life, it is highly important that food manufacturers to make sure that they have strictly adhered to the food safety rules and regulations set by the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA). Once the manufacturer has been found to use wrong processes and are selling unsanitary food or food items, then it can potential serious diseases and other health ailments.
- Safety Violation Warning Letter – There are certain government agencies are setting standard metrics that companies need to follow. The safety requirements include:
- When the employees who are assigned in the process of operations fail to attend the seminars for safety procedures
- The company does not have the license to operate and do not observe any safety rules for the members of the organization.
- When they fail to pass safety requirements and emergency plans.
Tenant Warning Letter – A tenant warning letter is usually issued by the landlord to the tenant who has broken the terms and conditions stated in the rental agreement. Some of the common violations that are as follows:
- When the tenant has caused damage to the property
- When the tenant is unable to pay his or her monthly rental obligation
- When the tenant engages in illegal and criminal activities, such as drug use
- When the tenant allows a visitor to stay in his or her rented dwelling place for a period of time without asking permission from the landlord
- When the tenant intentionally shows disrespect to the landlord and the people around
Sample Professional Warning Letter Templates that You Can Download and Use for References
Model Warning Letter
Construction Safety Warning Letter Template
Warning Letter for Contract Noncompliance
Late Warning Letter Format
Warning Letter for Attendance
Written Warning Letter
Example Warning Letter
Warning Letter on Violent, Threats, and Disruptive Behavior
Warning Letter for First Offender
Misuse of Account Warning Letter
Warning Letter for Professional Misconduct
Aside from these given templates, you may also want to check out our collection of HR warning letter templates and disciplinary warning letter templates for more choices. They are all available for free download and can be easily edited to match your personal purpose.
You may also like
Checklist and Strategies for Hiring
Invoice Templates – 29+ Free Word, Excel, PDF Documents Download!
Order Form Templates – 25+ Free Word,Excel, PDF, Documents Download
Blank Invoice Templates – 29+ Free Printable PSD, Vector EPS, AI, Format Download
How to Write a Business Plan for a Restaurant
24+ Payment Receipt Templates – Free Sample, Example Format Download!
10 Wedding Ceremony Templates
The Anatomy of a Good Performance Appraisal System
14+ Press Release Templates
22+ Sample Press Release Templates
20+ Press Release Templates
Press Release Template – 29+ Free Word, Excel, PDF Format Download!