The process of curriculum vitae writing is almost the same as resume writing but in a more detailed and complex way. You may be required to present more of yourself than in a resume, wherein you will only need to write down the most relevant features to be able to compress all those in a single page.
If you are a law graduate and you intend on working as a lawyer, you may still need to write either a curriculum vitae (CV) or a resume, like most jobs. This way, you will be providing the employer with information on who you are, what you did, and what you plan on doing for your career.
3978+ Resume Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Curriculum Vitae with Work Experience
Law Graduate CV in PDF
Professor Curriculum Vitae
Law Graduate CV Template
1. How to Write an Effective Legal Curriculum Vitae (CV)?
- Introduce yourself to the employer by providing your personal information, such as your name, address, and contact details (phone number, email address).
- One of the most important determinants is the education of the candidate. It would be an advantage if you would also include some awards that you received during your time in school and your GPA if it is high.
- Make sure to put the spotlight on your best skills that are relevant to the job. If you are fluent in foreign languages, you may also include that skill.
- You may also include some interests that you have relating to your career to provide the employer with an idea that you enjoy the path you have chosen.
- In your work experience, list them down in reverse chronological order. Don’t just identify your designation and responsibilities, but also include how you were able to contribute to the company with those responsibilities.
- In your references, provide at least two to three people who can give the employer with supplemental information about you and how you are as an employee.
For curriculum vitae samples in different professions, you can check out our collection of Teaching Curriculum Vitae and Health Care Curriculum Vitae.
Law Librarian Curriculum Vitae
Work Experience CV Template
Law Assistant CV Template
Law Associate Curriculum Vitae Template
Trainee Curriculum Vitae Template
Attorney Law Curriculum Vitae Template
Simple Law CV Template
Environmental Law Curriculum Vitae Template
3. Tips for Writing a Law CV
- Research on the firm regarding what they do and what they are looking for, or you may also refer to the job posting, and address these details using your previous experience.
- Talk about the skills you have and those that you have learned in law school, and explain how these can benefit you in your career.
- Don’t just describe the type of work that you are able to do to the law firm, but put emphasis on what you can offer for the success of the firm. You may also see Law Student Cover Letters.
4. Guidelines for Writing a Law Curriculum Vitae (CV)?
- Make sure to write down all the basic details about yourself to provide the employer with an identity of who you are.
- Always follow the standard, formal, or professional resume format in CV writing.
- Organize your information effectively by dividing them into sections clearly.
- Your CV should not be less than two pages, and should also not be more than four.
- Use simple but professional sounding language all throughout your CV.
- Tailor your CV for the particular position and firm that you are applying.
For more curriculum vitae templates, you can also go ahead and check out Engineer Curriculum Vitae and Nursing Curriculum Vitae.