When you make your resume for the job you are vying for, you must take into account how you can get the attention of the employer within a few seconds. One option you have is to formulate a resume headline which states an overview of your skills, your experiences and your career goals in relation to the job you are applying for.
This resume headline, otherwise known as a resume profile, is most recommended by some hiring employers instead of a resume objective due to the fact that a resume profile performs like a cover letter incorporated in the resume. There are various resume summary examples as provided on this website that you can download.
How to Write a Resume Profile
The following are the steps to writing a resume profile for your resume as indicated on the resume format templates provided on this website:
- Start with statements regarding your work experience. At the start of the profile, it is best to inform the hiring employer how long you have been working relevant to the job position you are applying for.
- State your area of expertise. This section of the resume profile will highlight the specialty you have in the field the hiring company is in. You are telling the employer what you are best at and what you can contribute as an asset to the company.
- Include additional attributes you possess. As part of your resume, enumerate the essential skills you have which will prove that you are fit for the job position. Choose what you are best at in terms of hard skills and soft skills you have acquired over the years.
- Quantify your accomplishments for your past experiences. When you write your relevant achievements on the resume profile, it is better to add numerical data to quantify your achievement. The free resumes on this website show how an applicant’s achievement is emphasized with the use of numerical data.
Tips to Writing an Awesome Resume Profile
With the help of the resume examples Here are tips you can follow in order for you write an awesome resume profile on your resume for your job application:
- Keep your resume profile short but concise. a resume profile is an overview of your resume. Thus, it is discouraged one from creating a long resume profile. Limit sentences to four or five only.
- You can choose between a bullet list or paragraph format. Depending on the overall appearance of your resume, you can opt to follow a paragraph or bullet list type of resume profile format. What’s important is to make your resume readable and pleasant to the eyes of the hiring employer.
- Study the requirements for the job position. As any of the printable resume templates will show you, the information you include on the resume profile must be based on the job description and requirements stressed by the employer. The aim of your resume profile is to inform the employer that you are fit for the vacant job position.
- Focus more on job specific skills on your profile. It is essential to state the skills you have but limit statements on soft skills unless it is required for the job. Highlight more on skills relevant to the job position you are applying for.
Nab that job that you’ve always wanted by following these very simple tips.