On the search for professional and well-formatted business resume samples and guides? We can help you with that. A resume is an important document required by most employers and recruitment officers. It is a document that contains all relevant information about an applicant’s personal and professional background, including his or her acquired certifications and references.
In line with this, we provided you here an array of samples that you can use to hasten your work. You can save your precious time and energy by checking out our high-quality templates. If you’re interested in modern resume samples and templates, just click on the provided link to access them.
Small Business Resume Samples
Small Business Manager Resume
Small Retail Business Resume
Small Business Consultant Resume
Resume Format for Small Business
Senior Business Resume Samples
Senior Business Executive Resume
Retail Business Resume Samples
Retail Business Development Leader Resume
Entry-Level Business Resume Samples
Resume Example for Entry-Level Business
Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume
Entry-Level Business Development Resume
1. All You Need to Know about Business Resumes
Most experts posit that writing a good resume is not that easy. You cannot just magically produce and formulate it in an hour. It requires time, strategy, and great effort, not to mention a wealth of experience. You have to carefully consider what word to say, which font to use, and how you are going to arrange the sections in a manner that will show off your strengths.
In applying for a business or professional profession, a resume is required by most employers. According to research, a resume is a document that channels to your potential employers exactly what you want them to know about you and why you are fit for the position applied for. It is advisable that you advertise yourself in an easy, logical, and concise manner. Always remember that a well-written resume could be your ticket to landing an interview and hopefully signing a job offer you truly desire to have.
2. Key Features of a Resume
There is no rigid rule followed in making a business resume. It varies because of the type of industry and the type of resume. In the light of all of this, there are still basic and standard elements that you need to take into account. Here are some key features of a resume:
- Heading. In here, you can provide your full name, permanent and local addresses, email address, and other updated contact details. Always remember to review and check if you entered the correct number and addresses because a single error has the possibility closing an opportunity for you.
- Objective. In here, you have to provide your career and smart goals. Always be concise and specific. For some, this is not considered as an essential element because it can be integrated into your application letter. But, there is no harm including it.
- Educational background. In this section, you can provide the academic institutions that you have attended with the corresponding dates. You also have to emphasize your degree and certification such as your professional development, continuing education, internship, and other education-related undertakings you experienced.
- Honors, certifications, and awards. Employers also find it interesting and relevant to look into your academic and non-academic achievements and rewards. For some, they consider it as one factor to consider in knowing what kind of student a person is. In here, you must strategically arrange them that would put more emphasis on your strengths.
- Experiences. This includes all your work experiences including part-time work, full-time work, summer jobs, internships, volunteer experiences, and other extracurricular activities.
- Skills. You can put here a summary of your skill set and other technical and analytical skills.
- References. This section is considered to be optional and if included you can say “available upon request.”
These are the basic features of a resume. You can also add more sections depending on your field of interest and strategy. For more formatting details, you can also check out our basic resume and best resume format templates.
Free Business Resume Samples
Free Business Analyst Resume
Free Business Development Resume
Free Business Administration Resume
Business Analyst Resume Samples
Business Analyst Resume in Doc
Business Analyst Resume in PDF
Senior Business Analyst Resume
Business Manager Resume Samples
Business Manager Resume Cover Letter
Business Development Resume Sample
Business Development Director Resume in PDF
3. Different Types of Resume
One important and crucial aspect to take into account in drafting a resume is the type of resume. It can either make or break a certain resume. Choose a type of resume that is suitable to your background and experiences. Here are some types of resumes:
- Curricula vitae. This presents a detailed and substantial statement of your qualifications. Take note that only certain positions and industries make use of such type. Example of such fields is the education and science-related positions.
- Combination resume. This is a mixture of 3 types of resume—namely, the chronological, functional, and targeted resumes. This resume allows you to highlight your skills and experiences. After emphasizing them, then you can list your work history in a reverse chronological order.
- Mini or micro resume. This is a shorter version of a resume. This preferred by employees who are urgently hiring employees. It is a condensed version of a job seeker’s qualifications that are printed on a business card using no more than 140 characters.
- Functional resume. It is recommended for applicants whose skills are relevant to the job description of an open work position but does not have enough industry experience to back-up their application. It is focused more on the skills of the applicant rather his or her work timeline.
These are just some types of resumes that you have researched and encountered before. In choosing a type of resume to make sure that you take into account their pros and cons.
4. A Variety of Business Resume Templates
Our website provided you with an array of business resume templates and samples that you can refer to. Let’s examine some of our featured templates:
- Small business resume template. A resume for an entrepreneur may have some technicalities and unique sections that are not found in a normal resume. You have to provide an overview of your entrepreneurial experience, your specific and measurable achievements, skills you’ve developed as an entrepreneur, and other pertinent business backgrounds
- Senior business executive resume template. As you can see our templates are elegant and professional. For a senior business executive, it is pertinent that you strategically lay out your work experiences and industries that you’ve worked or deal with.
These are just a glimpse of what we can offer to you. There are still more samples and templates that you can check out.
Business Resume Cover Letter Samples
Business Analyst Resume Cover Letter
Business Management Resume Cover Letter
Business Resume Format Samples
Business Resume Format in PDF
Professional Business Resume Format
Modern Resume Format
Business Analyst Resume Format
Resume Cover Letter Format for Business
Business Administration Resume Samples
Business Administration Resume Example
Business Management and Administration Resume
Professional Business Resume Samples
Professional Resume Example for Business
Free Professional Business Resume
Professional Business Analyst Resume
Professional Business Manager Resume
Professional Business Development Resume
Professional Business Administration Resume
5. How to Make Your Business Resume Stand Out
Most people focus more on what they can put in their respective resumes and be ignoring how they write and present the provided information. This should not be the case. It is important that you also give much attention to how you word and strategically present your experiences and qualifications. Here are some tips that you may consider to make your resume stand out:
- Choose a type of resume that suits you. Always use a resume type that showcases your strengths. For instance, fresh graduates can consider using functional resumes rather than chronological ones. As a fresh graduate, you still have less work experience. So, you can focus more on your skills and educational achievements.
- Format your resume wisely. Adopt clear and clean headings and font styles. In outlining important points, you may make use of bullets.
- Quantify your accomplishments. Avoid making general statements and descriptions. You have to substantiate your achievements. Specific achievements present a more comprehensive picture of your marketability.
These are just some tips that you may consider. For more details, you can also check out our guide on how to design a resume template.
6. Easy-to-Download Business Resume Samples
Our samples can truly help you in creating a professional resume of our own. They can serve as your reference and inspiration. To do this, follow the simple steps below:
- Template.net offers a variety of templates for you. You can simply scroll down and check out the list of templates.
- While browsing through samples and templates, you may also read some tips and guidelines that can help you to make your own professional profile.
- Click on the green Download button below your chosen template and start downloading.
- Edit the template to insert your credentials and personal details.
- Make the final touches, and then you’re good to go.
For further details, we also have other business resume templates and guides that you can check out.