Searching for professional business card templates? Tired with the usual business card designs? You’re on the right track. Like logos, business cards are also a great deal. They play a key role in your industry because they create an image of you from the perspective of your potential clients.
It is more than just a piece of paper. It represents you and the company for whom you are acting as an agent. In line with this, we have an array of professional and creative business card templates, which are of great quality and design. You should bear in mind that your business card must stand out from the rest giving potential clients and customers a reason to avail your products or services.
To save you from the hassles of designing a business card, we recommend you to download our artistic business card templates that will take your business to new heights. Aside from them we also offer printable business card templates. Don’t hesitate to check them out.
Blank Business Card Templates
Blank Catering Service Business Card Template
Graduate Student Blank Business Card Template
Blank Pharmacist Business Card Template
Blank Handyman Service Business Card Template
Blank Metal Business Card
Blank Plastic Business Card
Corporate Business Card Templates
Corporate Holiday Business Card
Corporate Business Greeting Card
Corporate Business Birthday Card
Wedding Business Card Templates
Wedding Florist Business Card
Rustic Wedding Business Card
Beach Wedding Business Card
Wedding Planner Business Card
Email Business Card Templates
Business Email Holiday Card
Free Business Email Card
Real Estate Business Card Templates
Real Estate Investor Business Card
Real Estate Agent Business Card
Real Estate Appraisal Business Card
Real Estate Assistant Business Card
Characteristics and Basic Format of a Business Card
Business Dictionary defined a business card as a standard 2″ × 3″ inch card that provides and displays the relevant and updated contact details for a certain individual employed by a company. Other business cards adopt the 3.5″ × 2″ inches card size. Here are some other basic characteristics of business cards:
- It is considered as a card that bears the business information and details regarding a certain company or an individual. They are mostly exchanged and given during formal functions and events in for convenience purposes.
- A business card is also considered as a memory aid. It is in here that the recipient can get a glimpse of the contact details and company details of the giver.
- According to some studies, it is considered as a pathway and starting point to more opportunities. It can help you land a great job, business partnership, or corporate setting. And if you’re the owner of the business, it can help you gain more profits by engaging and dealing with more clients.
- It is a form of a networking. In handing over your business cards from person to person, you are implicitly building connections and relationships with various people.
- Traditionally, many business cards adopt the simple black text on white stock. Nowadays, a certain business card will also include one or more aspects of striking visual design.
- With the advancements of information technology and upsurge of social media, people also include their social media accounts such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter into their business cards.
- They are mostly used because of they are cheap, portable, and easy to circulate. There is no enough reasons why business cards will not matter.
These are just some of the characteristics of a business card. If you want to check out some sample business cards, we also have templates for you. Feel free to check them out.
Breaking Down a Business Card
There is no hard and fast rule in formatting business cards. According to research, an effective business card is considered as an extension of the company’s image and brand. In line with this, you must ensure that you convey the right, verified, updated, and relevant information. Here are some of the basic information included in a business card that affects its formatting:
- Tagline and logo. Because a business card is considered as an extension of your brand, it must uphold and consistently convey the identity of the of the brand. One way promoting the brand is through incorporating the logo or famous tagline of the business. Once a reader has his or her eye on the logo, they can easily associate it with wherever they may have seen in.
- Name and functional job title. This is pertinent in order for the prospective client to know your position in the company. It is also one way of ensuring that the company you’re working on is legitimate. It is referred to as a functional job title because it must refer to your main and principal position in a certain company. If you’re a freelancer, you also need to emphasize and indicate that.
- Contact information. It is considered as the most significant part of the business card. Going back to the rationale of a business card, it is used to make you more accessible and closer to prospective clients and customers. It is a must that you provide relevant and updated information.
- Your website and other social media profiles. This is a way of saying to your prospective clients, “If you’re interested, you can further check out my works and portfolio in this particular site.” It is a way of building strong connection with your clients. It is advisable that the website should be not that long.
These are just some of the pertinent sections and ingredients of a professional business card. If you’re also looking for graphic design business cards, we also have some templates in store for you.
Travel Business Card Templates
Travel Company Business Card
Travel Consultant Business Card
Travel Agency Business Card
Photography Business Card Templates
Wedding Photography Business Card
Square Photography Business Card
DIY Photography Business Card
Professional Business Card Templates
Professional Photography Business Card
Free Professional Business Card
Professional Business Thank You Card
Modern Business Card Templates
Vintage Modern Business Card
Professional Modern Business Card
Modern Business Holiday Card
Modern Business Thank You Card
Student Business Cards
College Student Business Card
Student Intern Business Card
High School Student Business Card
Major Types of Business Cards
Like any other cards, business cards also come in various types and designs. Here are some basic types of business cards that you should know:
- Standard business card. This is the most common type of business card used nowadays. Its standard size is 9 cm × 5.5 cm. In terms of color, there is no limit as to what color you like to use on it. Mostly, the white and cream colors is a crowd favorite. In terms of shape, they take the form of rectangles. They are also design in a landscape aspect.
- Appointment cards. This type of business card is applied and use in businesses that are running on a specific time slot. They are usually used by real estate agents, medical practitioners, beauticians, tutors, and many more.
- Matte business cards. According to research, they put emphasis on the aspect of professionalism. It creates an image of prominence and excellence. By using them, your cards can help make a statement about you and the company you are representing. The material used in matte business cards are composed of recycled papers which connotes an eco-friendly vibe. By using them, you can provide a touch of elegance in your business card. In relation to this, we also have Elegant Business Card Templates, which can serve as your reference and inspiration.
- Glossy business cards. Compared to other types of business cards, glossy cards are more durable. They can still survive despite putting them in pockets, wallets, or any other holder.
These are some of the basic types of business cards that are worth knowing. Aside from the templates that we’ve provided on this list, we also have DIY Business Card templates, which are also of great quality and design. Feel free to check them out.
A Variety of Business Card Themes and Designs
Knowing the ins and outs of a business card is one thing, but choosing a design theme for your business card is another thing. As what you can see from our templates, there are a lot of themes to choose from. From the classic themes to the most modern ones. Let’s examine some of them:
- Vintage and modern designs. These kinds of designs are a mixture of old and modern designs. These designs are favored by many because it enables you to get the best of both worlds. It provides a nostalgic effect because of the vintage aspect. In addition to that, it also incorporates modern designs and trends. If you’re also looking for vintage business card templates, we also have templates in store for you.
- Photography-inspired theme. This theme showcases some important aspects of photography. It predominantly designed with a modern touch. Mostly, photographers or videographers make use of this theme.
- Wedding-inspired designs. These themes are mostly used by wedding designers or organizers. It incorporates the vibrancy and happiness a wedding provides. As what you can see, most of the wedding inspired templates make use of wedding themes as part of its design structure such as beach and floral themes.
These are just some our featured business card themes and designs. There are still more in store for you. Feel free to check out and download from our business or design archives.
Holiday Business Cards
Holiday Business Greeting Card
Small Business Holiday Card
Pop Up Business Cards
Metal Pop Up Business Card
Pop Up 3D Business Card
Business Greeting Cards
Business Birthday Greeting Card
Business Appreciation Greeting Card
Business Farewell Greeting Card
Business Anniversary Greeting Card
Business Gift Cards
Small Business Gift Card
Free Business Gift Card
Business Gift Certificates Card
Business Model Gift Card
Business Plastic Gift Card
Retro Business Card Templates
Retro Photography Business Card
Retro Modern Business Card
Retro Vintage Business Card
Retro Design Business Card
Common Habits to Avoid in Drafting and Designing Business Cards
You should bear in mind that a business card is not your typical calling card. It is more than just a piece of hard paper but a representation of you and your company. In designing business cards, you are not really required to be an expert or a pro. There are just some habits that you need to avoid. Here is a list of huge no-nos when designing your cards based on research:
- Cluttered card. Always make sure that your level of professionalism shines through the business card. Do not just freely put details and designs without considering if they are properly positioned or aligned. Too much print looks busy and terribly unprofessional. In addition to this, always proofread your work. If you’re interested for more professional business cards, we also have some templates in store for you.
- Using a business card that looks exactly the same from the rest. You should avoid using business cards that easily blends with all the other business cards. There is no excuse for using low average business cards because there are templates available for you. You can also use the templates to come up with a masterpiece of your own.
- Using a mysterious business card. It’s pretty ironic that some people use business cards without even completing the pertinent details. In this case, you’re depriving your potential clients the opportunity to contact and get to know the products and services offered by your products.
- Using an oversized card. It is already general knowledge that business cards are created with small sizes for a reason. The reason is to make it more handy, mobile, and convenient, not just for the recipient but also the holder. Oversized businesses cards have the tendencies of ending up in the trash bin.
- Using small and unclear font size and style. The size of the font must not be too small. In connection to this, the font style used must be legible and clear. The design must be in consonance with the overall theme of the design. Always emphasize the details in your business card because at the end of the day, potential and interested clients and customers will need them.
- Poor selection of color schemes. Even in business cards, the choice of color scheme is very important. The color can elevate and spice up your business card. Always apply the right balance colors. Ensure that the background color of the texts will overshadow the latter. If you’re also interested with artistic business card templates, we also have some templates in store for you. These are just some of the points you need to avoid in dealing with business cards.
Easy-to-Download Business Card Templates
As you can see, the process of coming up with a business card is not that easy. For some, it can bee a stressful endeavor. In line with this, if you are pressed with time and need a little push of inspiration in designing your business cards, then you can simply download our templates. To do this, follow the simple steps below:
- Decide what theme are you looking for. Template.net offers a variety of templates for you. You can simply scroll down and check out the list of templates. While scrolling down, there are also bits of relevant information and facts that are associated with business cards that you can also use for reference purposes.
- Click on the green Download button below the chosen template in order to start downloading your chosen template.
Feel free to check out and download our free services logo templates. Enjoy your stay at Template.net!