The processes of marketing can be seen in a variety of professional fields and industries. Nowadays, marketing provides a great role in assuring the business’ success in terms of advertising, branding, customer relation and trend acknowledgment. There are different kinds of job positions that you can apply for if you want to practice your expertise in the field of marketing.
The first thing that you need to do if you would like to apply in a marketing job position is to create a well-curated resume that can help you get an interview, or even be considered for the job that you want to target. We have collected a number of free marketing resume templates and samples that you may all download from this post should you need references in crafting this specific document.
Sales and Marketing Resumes
Sales and Marketing Engineer
Digital Marketing Resumes
Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Director
Digital Marketing Strategist
Marketing Manager Resumes
Marketing Project Manager
Marketing Account Manager
Marketing and Sales Manager
Marketing Executive Resumes
Marketing Sales Executive
Marketing Account Executive
Marketing Executive Assistant
Inclusions of a Marketing Resume
Since there are a lot of competitors that are highly-equipped with the qualifications and requirements needed in the industry, you need to make sure that your marketing resume is appealing and comprehensive enough to stand out from the rest of the professional profiles of other candidates.
A well-curated marketing resume includes the following details:
- Your contact details. You need to make sure that the contact information that you will provide to the business is accurate, updated and completely free from any errors. A single number on your mobile number can ruin the application even if you were qualified for an interview. To be sure that the company can contact you in different mediums and platforms, a few of the basic contact details that you can put in the top most part of your resume on the top of the body of the document, includes the following:
- Your full name and your age
- Your home or business telephone number
- Your personal mobile number
- Your e-mail address
- Your permanent or current home mailing address
- An objective statement or a career summary.
- A career objective or an objective statement is applicable for fresh graduates or entry level applicants as this type of initial discussion about a person only needs the professional goals and competencies of an individual.
- On the other hand, you can use a career summary if you already have prior industry experiences which you think can help you to get more impact for your application. Make sure that the information that you will put in this area are striking enough to get the attention of your prospective employer.
- Your professional work experiences in the field of marketing. If you already have professional working experience, your marketing resume should include the things that you have already experienced in the field of marketing. You may also add other work positions from other industries if you think it will be helpful for your application. A few items that you can put in this listing are as follows:
- The name of your previous employers
- The locations of the companies where you have worked for
- The marketing job positions that you have already handled and their level in the organizational structure
- The job functions that you were able to execute
- The marketing programs, systems and processes that you have already implemented
- The time duration that you have been employed in each of your previous employers
- Your technical skills, abilities and competencies related to marketing processes. The field of marketing requires individuals who can actually deliver. The items included in this specific portion of your qualification listing can help you a lot in providing information about the deliverable that you can provide to the business. This will allow your prospective employer to be aware of the things that you are already capable of doing and the transactions that you can smoothly execute should they hire you for the specific marketing position open for employment.
Marketing Coordinator Resumes
Senior Marketing Coordinator
Marketing Event Coordinator
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Marketing Director Resumes
Assistant Marketing Director
Senior Marketing Director
Marketing and Sales Director
Marketing Assistant Resumes
Real Estate Marketing Assistant
Administrative Marketing Assistant
Other Information That Might Be Helpful in Your Marketing Job Application
Aside from the items that have been listed above, your resume template may also include other items that can help you attain higher chances of getting called back. Some of the information you can put in your marketing resume are as follows:
- The marketing projects that you have handled and their results. If you think that the information that you have provided in your resume is still not enough, you can list down the marketing projects you undertook for your previous employers. A few of these items include the following:
- The marketing tools like brochures, tarpaulins, and document templates you designed or supervised
- The marketing events and programs of the business that you have facilitated
- The growth of sales and development of company branding based on the marketing activities that you planned and implemented
- The improvement of client retention and acquisition of new market due to the marketing programs you created
- The marketing training programs and seminars that you have attended. These items may not be as necessary, however, writing them down will be truly be beneficial. This is especially so if you are an entry level applicant and you need to provide details about your knowledge in the field of marketing.
- The brands that you have worked for. The brands that we are talking about can actually be seen in your professional work experiences section. However, you can add a few details about the brands you collaborated with, the projects that you have provided for other businesses, and the marketing groups that you have worked with for a special project.
- Your achievements and received citations. There are different award giving bodies that provide specific awards to people who have excelled in the field of marketing. If you are still not on this level, you can write down the citations that the business has given you for the entirety of your stay in the company as an employee. Listing your achievements in the field of marketing will be very helpful as it will reflect your competitive nature and ability to do things in an exemplary manner.
- A number of references. Your marketing references play a vital role during your application. You need to select people whom you are professionally related with and who also have prior experiences in the field of marketing. Using references that are known in the industry can help their recommendations to be more appealing, credible, and highly-usable.
Real Estate Marketing Resumes
Real Estate Marketing Executive
Real Estate Marketing Assistant
Real Estate Marketing Coordinator
Marketing Analyst Resumes
Marketing Research Analyst
Sales Marketing Analyst
Marketing Associate Resumes
Senior Sales and Marketing Associate
Digital Marketing Associate
Entry-Level Marketing Resumes
Entry-Level Marketing Assistant
Entry-Level Marketing Sales
Guidelines in Creating a Marketing Resume
An effective marketing resume can only be done if you will take time in being keen with its curation. You need to properly allocate the information based on their value to your application. A few guidelines that you may follow to ensure that your marketing resume is organized, presentable and worth the time of your prospective employer include these items:
- Identify the kind of marketing job that you would like to have. It is not only the job position that matters nowadays but the marketing practice that you want to immerse yourself in as well. There are a variety of marketing practices where you can apply at which includes marketing campaign creation, digital and online marketing, brand marketing and events marketing to name a few.
- Cite specifically which job position you would like to get. This will help the employer have an easier time of identifying whether your qualifications are applicable and relevant to the job position or not. Furthermore, it will give the recruiters the chances to properly assess and evaluate you. Also, citing too many positions or none at all can give the impression that you are indecisive.
- The structure of your resume should be able to provide highlights on the important parts of your professional profile. Identify the specific resume type and format that you will use so you can specifically give focus on the things that you want the employer to take notice of.
- Be consistent with the application of the format through all the content of your resume. More so, start your resume with a striking and well-thought career objective or professional summary. Providing this kind of head-start will get the attention of the hiring personnel is a positive way.
- You should properly market your professional qualifications and competencies with the use of your marketing resume template. Remember, you are applying for a marketing job. Hence, you need to market yourself as well in the best possible way you can.
- The letter format of your marketing resume should be professional and applicable in a formal application transaction. It has to be both comprehensive but concise at the same time. Typefaces should be properly selected. Spacing should be established to present a readable breakdown of information.
- Be selective of your usage of words and sentence construction. You need to showcase your prowess in written transactions as you will be required to create a lot of corporate letters related to marketing should you be hired for the marketing position that that you are applying for.
Using a template format to guide you in creating a marketing resume can truly help you have an easier time in creating your on professional profile that you may use for job applications in any industry where the processes of marketing are needed.