There will be events wherein a ton of volunteers will be required in order to perform certain activities. And, then there are those people who are more than willing to provide their help. However, those who organize such program events need to make sure that these people are actually willing to do volunteer work.
They have to guarantee that these people understand that being a volunteer means sacrificing their time and effort into doing various tasks for the event’s cause. And, this is the reason why there are some events which require people to sign volunteer agreement forms and this article is going to teach you how to make one.
Sample Volunteer Agreement Form
What Should Your Volunteer Agreement Form Contain?
Again, this is the kind of document that ensures you that the people who are willing to volunteer should understand what it is they need to do and how they are going to do whatever they have signed up for. It ensures that they completely comply with the rules and procedures of the event and that there are consequences should they break any of them. So here are the things your volunteer agreement form should contain:
1. A Statement that the Person Signing is Indeed a Volunteer
This is to show the person singing that he, in fact, is a volunteer for the event and is in no way an professional employee or being paid to do the various tasks that he/she is assigned with. This is where you place important basic information such as the name of the person who will be the volunteer, the name of the organization holding the event, and the volunteer role title. However, you should also provide a simple statement that should there be any changes such as the volunteer becoming a full-time employee for the organization, then the matters of the contract changing will then be discussed by both the volunteer and the organizer head in private.
2. What the Volunteer Should Expect Upon Participation
This is basically where you show what it is you are going to provide the volunteers once you have accepted their offer of support. Here is a list of what you may be able to provide:
A written description of your volunteer title. Basically, it’s like a job description where the volunteer will understand what his/her role is during the entire event, along with duties or tasks he/she is authorized to perform while retaining the volunteer title.
- Full induction and general training so that the volunteer will understand what he/she needs to be able to do.
- A safe and secure environment that will allow the volunteer to perform all of his/her duties that his/her role consists of.
- The general statement which tells these volunteers that their privacy will be respected. You’re telling them that you will not disclose any of their personal and confidential information unless they allow you to do so.
- They will be provided with a professional supervisor. The point of having a supervisor is to ensure that there is someone to look after them and that they have a person to ask if they have any questions in regards to their role. It’s also really important that they have a supervisor as they can provide that person with feedback in regards to the tasks that they are carrying out or the entire event itself.
- Reimbursement for any personal expenses that have been made as a result of volunteering.
- Insurance to cover the volunteers for any duties that they are assigned to perform.
3. What the Organization Asks out of its Volunteers
When companies do performance appraisals, they try to point out what it is they expect their employees to accomplish. This is exactly the same except that these people aren’t employees. So here is a list of things that you can help you show what you expect out of your volunteers:
- That they are able to support the smart goals and objectives of the event. You wouldn’t want to have anyone that’s unwilling to work for your organization’s cause now, would you?
- The volunteers will be required to participate in all of the relevant induction and training programs. The point of having these is to ensure that these people understand their roles, the purpose of the tasks that they are given, and how they are going to perform these tasks.
- Volunteers should only undertake duties that they are authorized to perform and they should always operate under the direction and supervision of nominated staff. They must also not show any signs of insubordination and comply with the instructions and directions that they are given. You may also see agreement form samples
- Understand and comply with the general policies of the organization to ensure that there are no problems and that everyone will enjoy the event.
- They will be required to notify their supervisors or any person with authority in the event that they have spotted safety hazards or anything that could endanger the lives of those who are involved in the event. If they happen to witness an incident to those who are involved in the event, then they will be required to create an accident report or even a witness statement to the organization.
- Volunteers must behave appropriately and courteously to all of the staff, other volunteers, and the clients of the event while they are in their volunteer role. You may also like free agreement forms
- They must use whatever simple equipment that they are given in a safe manner and only for the purpose that it was given. Anything other than that will lead to serious consequences such as being removed from the event permanently among others.
- The volunteer should let any of the organizer’s head know ahead of time if they would like to change their roles for the event.
- The volunteers are required to comply with the law at all times.
- The volunteers must be open and honest with whatever tasks that they are required to perform or if they have any information that must be shared with the organization. You may also see printable agreement forms
4. The Contact Person
You can assign someone from your organization to handle this or you could appoint one of your volunteers to take responsibility in making sure that everything is going according to the event schedule and that nobody breaks any of the standard agreements. This is the section where you point out the name of the person who will be in charge as well as provide the contact details of this person.
This is so that if any of the volunteers have any questions in regards to their role or the tasks that they are set to do or if they have any concerns in regards to their safety and health, then they may immediately contact this person to voice out whenever possible.
5. Their Health and Safety
You want to make sure that there are no incidents should occur during the best event that could potentially endanger the lives of everyone that’s involved in it. This is the section where you point out that your volunteers have a responsibility to uphold when it comes to their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Obviously, you can’t just let them take care of themselves, so you’re going to have someone from your organization to be appointed as the person in charge should any accidents or incidents take place that may have caused injuries. But remember that you have to point out that the volunteers must also do their part in making sure that these incidents or accidents can be prevented. You may also like business agreement templates
Be sure to point out that they have to comply with all of the safety rules and regulations that were discussed during their training and that should they encounter any of these incidents, they must report to their contact person, supervisor, or anyone with authority as soon as possible.
6. Consequences of Not Complying
This isn’t like a company where you hand out a termination letter and get rid of an employee. Because for one, these people aren’t exactly committed to your organization. Another is that they’re the ones providing you with help and you cannot really deny what they have to offer, especially if what they do is beneficial for the event. However, the reason why you have these policies set up is to ensure that there is proper order in the event, so those who don’t follow will definitely have to face consequences. So, if one person continues to fail when it comes to following the rules, then you point out in the document that anyone who is unwilling to follow procedures, as well as the rules and regulations, will immediately be dismissed.
The severity of the problem will also determine the consequence. A good example would be if one person has placed the lives of almost everyone involved in the event in danger simply because he/she couldn’t follow a simple rule. In this case, you can state that he/she will be permanently banned from participating in future organization events and those involved will have every right to press charges. You may also see commercial agreement templates
If you would like to learn more in regards to this particular topic or anything related to it, then all you have to do is go through any of our available articles until you are able to come up with the information that should be able to help you out. You may also like microsoft word agreement templates