A business entity’s obligation to its customers does not end in having a sale but on the issuance of a non-negotiable instrument known as the receipt samples. A receipt format is not the same as the invoice format that is issued to customers.
94+ FREE RECEIPT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
Although both instruments show article codes bought by the customer, a receipt slip shows a receipt of acknowledgment on the payment whereas an invoice shows the number of days due for the customer to pay for the product or service before issuance of an income receipt. The following templates show different formats of receipts for you to peruse and to download.
Receipt Format Template
Check out this ready-made high-quality receipt format template that comes with a preformatted layout. It is easy to use and covers all important aspects of the receipt. You can make changes to it by opening this file in any compatible file format. Upon downloading this receipt template in Word, you can create a receipt way faster!
Receipt Format Template in Word
Be able to efficiently monitor your sales transactions by downloading and using this “Receipt Format” template that is available for instant download. This professionally designed receipt template in Excel comes with standard business fonts in A4 and US letter sizes. You can edit the contents of this template by using any program that is compatible with MS Excel, MS Word, Numbers, or Pages file formats.
Blank Receipt Template in Google Docs
Do not miss out using this “Blank Receipt” template that is readily available for download in case of immediate and general receipt needs. This blank receipt is very easy to use, and it can be edited using MS Excel, MS Word, Numbers, or Pages file formats. Be able to create receipts faster with the help of this template.
Essential Information on Receipts
There is no general format set for receipts. Many printable Receipt Formats in Word on this website show the following information:
- Name and Company Details – At the top of receipts, you can always see the registered name of the business, the company name managing the business, the business address, and the tax identification number.
- Buyer Details – Spaces to fill in the purchaser’s information can be seen just below the business’s details. The date of the transaction is indicated along with the buyer’s name, contact number, address, and signature.
- Purchased Item Details – The items to be paid for are listed starting with the quantity, the items’ names, and the respective prices.
- VAT and Discounts – Various countries implemented a value-added tax on particular items. However, governments also indicate the persons given discounts on selected items.
- Total Amount Due – This pertains to the amount needed to be paid by the buyer.
General Receipt in Word
Receipt Template to Print
Official Receipt Template in iPages
Cash Receipt Template in iPages
Rent Receipt Template in Google Docs
Sales Receipt Template in iPages for Mac
Sample Hotel Receipt Template in Word
Restaurant Bill Receipt Template in Pages for Mac
Taxi Receipt Template in Pages for Mac
Daycare Receipt Template in Google Docs
Medical Receipt Template in Word
Car Sale Receipt Template in iPages
Salary Receipt Template in Google Docs
Donation Receipt Template in Word
Delivery Receipt Template in Word
Order Receipt Template in Google Docs
School Fee Receipt Template in Word
Rent Receipt Formats
Advance Rent Receipt
Room Rent Receipt
Blank Rent Receipt
Non-negotiable by nature, a receipt is a written sheet form that serves as a confirmation of the transfer of goods of a business transaction between the seller and the buyer.
Different additions and deductions may be applied to the required payment amount on the Service Receipts depending on the requirements of respective governing states.
Brokerage Receipt Formats
House Brokerage Receipt
Client Confirmation Brokerage Receipt
Cash Receipt Formats
Simple Cash Payment Format
Cash Deposit Receipt
Advance Cash Receipt
Payment Receipt Formats
Payment Acknowledge Receipt
Payment Receipt Voucher
Delivery Receipt Formats
Vehicle Delivery Receipt
Purposes of Receipts
Receipts are important because of the following reasons:
- Supplementary Record – Receipts are used by entities as supporting documents on the expense report they generate periodically. Consumers make use of receipts as proof in claiming rewards on store promos.
- Actual Evidence – Employees cannot try to embezzle any amount from the register or from the customer because of the records generated and validated by the receipt.
- References for Audit Concerns – Business entities undergo audit examination from both internal and external auditors to ensure proper financial reporting.
- Guide to Expense or Sales Reporting – The receipts generated from sales are recorded as revenue on the financial report; whereas receipts from purchases are liquidated to know if there was a shortage on the set budget, like construction receipts.
- Diminish Tax Payments – Because some receipts come from purchase expenses, you can lessen the taxable income by adding additional expenses from those expense-related purchase receipts.
- Claim Stub – Consumers can use a receipt to relay a problem or a concern to the business entity associated with the purchased items. A receipt also aids consumers in claiming a refund or a reward due to a promo.
- Credit or Selling Purposes – For business undergoing bankruptcy or selling of business properties, liquidation of assets and liabilities is done with the help of receipts. Aside from that, for a person to be granted a loan, a receipt requirement is provided for the bank to know your credit standing.
- Product Warranty – To avail the warranty privilege of a product, a customer must give proof of the purchase to confirm that the product is within the warranty duration period or not.
See Receipt Templates in PDF for more examples of receipt formats.
Fee Receipt Formats
Membership Fee Receipt
Academic Fee Receipt
Rent Receipt Format
Apartment Rent Receipt
Sample Rent Receipt
Commercial Rent Receipt
Types of Receipt Templates
Receipt templates that are presented on this website show many types of receipt formats. Here are some of the receipt format types and their uses:
- Brokerage Receipts – The agent handling the property or stock selling is to be given a commission fee for every sale, giving the buyer the receipt for his payment of the broker’s fee.
- Rent Receipts – This is given to tenants after paying rent payments to their landlord.
- Cash Receipts – Having this receipt entails a transaction that is paid in cash. This does not necessarily mean only purchase transactions. Bank cash depositors are given this type of receipt.
- Payment Receipts – For every purchase you do, after you pay for the item, you are given this receipt. This is also known as Money Receipts.
- Delivery Receipts – Food businesses with a delivery service issue this receipt to the customer once the food is delivered to them.
- Fee Receipts – This is received from students or organization members after paying the required fee for their student or association membership fee.
- Invoice Receipt – This is issued after an invoice payment is made.
- Loan Receipt – Issued by the loaning company to the assured, the assured must affix his signature on this receipt as a confirmation of receiving an interest-free loan from the company.
Choose the most appropriate receipt format for you to utilize. Proper format of receipts is a must as it is your obligation to your customers.