If you’re going to eat in a restaurant, then you know that there will come a point where you’ll need to pay for what you’ve ordered. Once you’re done paying the bill, then you’ll want proof that contains the details of what you paid for, when you paid, the amount that you paid for, etc.
This is why restaurants should always provide their customers with a restaurant receipt. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know so that you can properly make your own.
663+ Restaurant Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Apple Keynote, Google Slides, HTML5 - START DOWNLOADING
5+ Restaurant Bill Receipt Samples
Restaurant Bill Receipt Template
Available File Formats
Size: A4, US
Maintain transparency when it comes to presenting your restaurant bill or receipt to your customers by downloading and using our ready-made Restaurant Bill Receipt template. This customizable template is convenient to use in any file format of your liking. Save time and avoid the hassle by downloading this template now!
Simple Blank Restaurant Bill Receipt Format
Here’s a blank restaurant receipt template that can be used for all kinds of restaurants. It is easy to use and highly customizable in file formats such as MS Excel, MS Word, Pages, and Numbers. It also comes in the file sizes of A4 and US.
Simple Restaurant Bill Receipt Template
Hurry up and download this high-quality “Restaurant Bill Receipt” template that’s perfect for your restaurant establishment. This editable receipt template comes with standard business fonts in A4 and US letter sizes. Once downloaded, feel free to open with your favorite software application that is compatible with MS Excel, MS Word, Numbers, or Pages file formats.
Elements of a Good Restaurant Bill Receipt
Should the time come where you have to make a restaurant receipt, then you should learn about all of its basic elements. The reason as to why you’re going to have to know what they are is because you want to make sure that all of them are present in the receipt template. Without them, then the receipt won’t be able to provide the information that the customer would like to know about his/her transaction.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements that you must include to come up with a good restaurant bill receipt:
1. Details of the Restaurant:
The receipt must contain the details of the restaurant in which it came from. This is something that the customer will want to know about as it can be used to help address concerns regarding the transaction in the receipt, or it can be used to help promote the brand. Make sure to include everything from the name of the restaurant to its address.
2. Date and Time:
This will come in very handy if any issues can be solved by knowing when the receipt was printed. Make sure that the receipt contains the exact date and time so that there won’t be any questions in regards to when the transaction was finalized. You can also check out our deposit receipt templates.
3. Item Details:
If a customer is going to be ordering from a restaurant, then it’s obvious that the receipt should list down all of the items that he/she has ordered. Make sure that each item is perfectly described as you don’t want problems such as having the wrong item on the receipt or it having the wrong amount after being confused for another menu item.
4. Payment Details:
Make sure that the individual price of every item is shown in the receipt, as well as the total amount of everything. Also, you may have to include other details such as credit card numbers if you’re required to do so.
Restaurant Food Bill Receipt
Formal Hotel Receipt
How to Make a Restaurant Bill Receipt
Now that you’re done learning what should be inside a restaurant bill receipt, the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. Even if you already know the basic elements, there are still things that you have to consider to ensure that your receipt will have everything that it needs.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper restaurant bill receipt:
1. Provide Information on the Restaurant Right Away:
Right from the very start, you want to make sure that the information on the restaurant is present in the receipt. This is to ensure that the customer knows exactly where the bill is coming from as well as where his/her money has gone.
So make sure to include the following details:
- Restaurant’s name: This should be very obvious as you want the customer to know the exact name of the restaurant that he/she dined in. Make sure that you include the restaurant’s complete name.
- Restaurant logo: This is specifically meant for branding purposes as you want the customer or any other person who goes through the receipt to know about your restaurant. Make sure that it’s not too small that it won’t be noticed or not too big that it takes up too much space.
- Address: Should the customer wish to revisit the establishment, then it’s best that you share its address. Make sure that you include details such as the name of the city, the state that it’s in, the zip code, etc.
2. Write Down the Details of the Payment:
Next is that you’ll need to provide all of the information regarding the payment that has been made. This is something both you and the customer will need as there might come a situation where the information will be handy.
Again, make sure to include the following:
- Item description: Both you and the customer will want to know exactly what has to be paid for. So what the receipt needs to contain should be a description of every single item that was ordered. Make sure to write down the complete description for each to avoid any confusion or misunderstandings.
- Unit and total amount: You must list down the unit price of each item into the cash receipt. Not only that, but you must also put in the quantity that they were purchased in as that will affect the price. And lastly, write down the total amount for all the items that have been purchased.
- Payment method: What you write here will depend on how the customer paid. If it’s in cash then it’s best to leave it as just “cash”. If the customer paid via credit card, then write down the last 4 digits of the card number.
- Date: Make sure that you point out the exact date in which the receipt was made and given to the customer. This will come in very handy during a situation where one needs to prove when something was paid for.
Tips for Making a Restaurant Bill Receipt
1. Follow a format:
When you have to make one, then know that there’s a format that you’re going to have to follow. The reason for this is because following the right format will ensure that the receipt has all of the information that it needs, as well as presenting everything in a way that looks professional. If you’re having trouble figuring out what format you should go for, just check out the many different samples of restaurant or hotel bill receipts that you can find online or on our site and use them as a reference.
2. Make sure that there are no mistakes:
The last thing that you want to do is to charge a customer for an item that he/she did not order. If you want to avoid an issue like that, then you’ll need to thoroughly check the receipt before handing it over. You should go through it at least twice so that you can spot and immediately fix any mistakes that you may have made.
Types of Restaurant Bill Receipts
If you’re going to make one, then know that there are many different types to make and that each of them contains are meant for different types of restaurants or transactions. You should know what they are so that you’ll have an idea as to which one you have to make for the right situation. So here are a few examples:
- Seafood Restaurant Bill Receipt
- Outdoor Restaurant Bill Receipt
- Steakhouse Restaurant Bill Receipt
- Fancy Restaurant Bill Receipt
If you want to learn more about the different types or if you want to learn to make other types of receipts, then you can always visit our site to get all the information that you want.
Restaurant Bill Receipt Sizes
If you’re going to make a receipt, the know that the standard size would be 3.5 inches with a width of 850 and a length of 350. Take note that you can also go with other sizes that are either slightly larger or smaller, but know that doing so will only result in the receipt looking less professional.
Restaurant Bill Receipt FAQs
What Can I Use to Make One?
The one thing that you can use to help you make your very own receipt would be a program that has all the tools that you need. Take note that the most common one being used until today would be a Word program they’re essentially easy to use. Know that you can use whatever you wish to so long as it can help you make a restaurant bill receipt. You may also take a look at our sales receipt templates.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes. The only thing that you have to do is to download a restaurant bill receipt template, use the program that you’ve installed to open it, and then make whatever changes you want until it has all the present you want it to have. If you like, you can make use of the templates that are available in this article should you wish to do so.
Remember that making a restaurant bill receipt isn’t necessarily the hardest thing to do, but it’s something that you will want to learn. And that’s why you’re going to have to make the most out of the information that you have been presented within this article so that you can make a proper restaurant bill receipt.