If you’re planning to start a career in the accounting field, updating and improvising your resume is a good way to start your journey. It is public knowledge that the nature of an accountant’s job is highly technical and confidential as well. Accountants are tasked to arrange, manage, and analyze financial records. To add, there are also dealing ones who are bombarded with taxation-related work loads for a certain business operation.
Speaking of accounting resumes, resume guidelines for accountants are mostly incorporated and depicted in resume samples and templates. To add, the applicant is also given the discretion of choosing the type of resume he or she will adopt from the general resume types available for them.
Senior Accountant Resume Examples
Senior Accountant Resume Objective Example
Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant
Staff Accountant Resume Examples
Entry-Level Staff Accountant Resume
Objective Example for Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant Job Resume
Some Preliminary Requirements
Before going into the details and components of accounting resumes, you should know what to prepare or plan beforehand. Consider the following preliminaries:
- Know what you want. Granting that accounting is a broad field, you should know your focus. You should know what aspect you want to start learning and ultimately be an expert of. You should research or think about accounting career alternatives.
- List down the companies or employment opportunities you’re interested about. Like dealing with internship resume template, a job seeker must also outline the companies that the latter wants to apply. You can conduct extensive research about the said companies for you to know the latter’s preferences and offered accounting posts.
- Seek and download high quality accounting resume templates. Aside from the Microsoft Word resume Template that you may have, high quality templates can give you an overview on how accounting resumes are written by professionals. The templates can serve as your reference and inspiration in the course of building your.
- Always prioritize the preferences of employers. Job seeking and application is not about you. It is about making an impressive statement towards your potential employers for them to avail your professional services.
Assistant Accountant Resume Examples
Best Assistant Accountant
Graduate Assistant Accountant
Experienced Assistant Accountant
What Are Included in an Accountant Resume?
Because the role of accountants are considered essential and indispensable in most business, organizations, and institutions in general, there are a lot of employment opportunities for accountants. To know which template is considered as the best resume templates that works for you, you can refer to the following essential components below:
- Contact Details – This is considered as a standard section for resumes. The applicant must ensure that the details in this section are correctly entered. The contact details of the applicant creates a link between the employer and the applicant. The employer uses such details sending application updates and the like.
- Qualifications Overview – Adding this section gives your resume a professional aura. This section is likened to an executive summary that serves as an introduction to a proposal or research study. For Executive Resume Templates, the qualification overview provides employers with the professional background and context of the applicant. This is also one way of making your resume unforgettable and instill convenience on the employers’ end.
- Professional Experiences – This is where you will enumerate and substantiate your work-related experiences. You should start with the most recent ones. You can also provide short descriptions pertaining to the nature of the financial job you previously worked for.
- Educational Summary – This is where you will substantiate your level of financial knowledge by breaking down your professional competencies. You should start writing from the most recent educational program, course, or training that you’ve attended, the corresponding dates of attendance and date of completion, and the name of the academic institution.
- Accomplishments and Awards – To give the potential employers an idea that you can deliver quality performance and task management skills, you need to emphasized your accomplishments and contributions from your previous works.
Aside from the mentioned sections, you can add more sections that you may deem relevant and suitable to your field.
Chartered Accountant Resume Examples
Fresher Chartered Accountant
Chartered Accountant Resume Objective
Financial Accountant Resume Examples
Junior Financial Accountant
Financial Accountant Manager
Entry-Level Accountant Resume Examples
Entry-Level Staff Accountant
Entry-Level Tax Accountant
Entry-Level Accounting Resume Objective
Types and Examples of Accountant Resume Templates
Knowing the nature and scope of the accounting position you’re applying for is critical in the course of making your resume. You may refer to the templates below:
- Entry-level Accountant Resume Templates – For starters or fresh graduates, these templates are ideal for you. Your entry-level resume may include your contact details, educational competencies and background, financial projects and internship experiences and more. If you have an excellent GPA, don’t hesitate to include it in your resume. As much as possible adhere to the one page rule as exemplified by one-page resume templates.
- Accountant Assistant Resume Templates – For those who are planning to apply as accounting assistants or use administrative assistant resume templates, these resumes are perfect for you. As an accounting assistant, your resume should give hiring managers an impression that you can be a great support system to the company.
- Senior Accountant Resume Templates – For experienced accountants, these templates are perfect for you. The templates showcase new trends in resume writing and high quality examples. You should adopt a holistic approach in your accountant or finance resume. You should have both managerial and accounting skills. As a senior accountant, you will be handling accounting teams which will be under your direct supervision.
Management Accountant Resume Examples
Senior Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant
Accountant Assistant Resume Example
Accountant Assistant Resume Format
Accountant Job Resume Examples
Accountant Job Resume Format
Accountant Resume Objective Example
Objective for Project Accountant
Resume Writing Tips
Aside from the resume components exemplified by work resumet templates, there are other key principles that you have to take note. These tips can help you pass the screening process and at the same time earn a seat in the interview room.
- Add more keywords. Because of the advancements in technology, some recruiters use machines in initially screening resumes. In line with this, machines detect relevant industry-specific keywords. In your resume, you should use accounting keywords especially in enumerating your work-experiences and skills.
- Language and manner of writing. Most of the applicants are so focused on the content of their resume that they disregard important language and writing principles. As much as possible, you need to use parallelism in writing your statements. It makes your resume sound and look more professional and comprehensible. Creative resume template provide guidelines on how to write resumes in a creative and engaging manner.
The provide templates and tips can help you in starting your resume. You can also consider them as your inspiration in enriching the value and content of your resume.