A Teaching Resume can be used by work applicants to apply for positions in the field of education. There are different kinds of teaching work positions (from pre-school teachers to principal) for which our teaching resumes may be used. Teacher resumes basically present the competencies, skills, and professional work experiences of a teacher candidate.
The type of resume for you would depend on the position you want and your qualifications. We can provide you with a list of various teaching resume templates and samples which you may all download and use as references in creating the Resume Format of your professional teaching profile.
Student Teaching Resume Template
Teaching Assistant Resume Template
Teaching Job Resume Template
1. Inclusions of a Teaching Resume
Since you would like to immerse in the field of education, it is highly expected that your resume should be complete in terms of content, well-written, formally structured, and organized. A basic teaching resume should have the following information: You may also see Modern Resume Templates.
- Your name, basic information, and contact details
- Your career objective or a professional work summary
- Your educational attainment and achievements (note: those with higher level education and/or distinctions are usually preferred by most academic establishments)
- Your professional work experiences in the field of teaching, or for fresh graduates, internship experience
- The teaching methods, processes, and functions you’ve applied
- Your competencies, teaching skills, and abilities
- Soft skills, like interpersonal skills and classroom management abilities
- The teaching certifications and citations you’ve attained
- Published works (for professors)
There are still other information that may be added in this list depending on the teaching position that a candidate is applying for. We also have several Free Resume Templates specifically for those seeking a position at a high school. For these, view our High School Resume Templates.
Entry Level Teaching Resume Template
Fresher Teaching Resume Template
High School Teaching Resume Sample
Nursing Teacher Resume Template
Undergraduate Student Teaching Resume
Elementary School Teaching Resume
Sport Teaching Resume Template
Teaching Experience Resume Template
2. Guidelines in Writing Teaching Resumes
There are no strict rules and guidelines that are required in creating a teaching resume. However, in order to make sure that your resume examples will truly standout during the screening process we have curated a few guidelines that you may follow:
- Select an appropriate teaching resume template in creating your teaching resume.
- Make sure that you are aware of the requirements needed by the academic institution for the teaching position that is open for employment.
- Create a teaching resume that will focus not only on your professional work experiences but on your technical skills, knowledge, and other competencies as well.
- Identify the teaching work position that you want to apply for, especially in terms of your ability to supply its demands.
- List down information about the grade levels that you have already handled and the kind of academic institutions that you have worked for.
- It is also essential to identify the teaching techniques you can execute.
Academic institutions can be quite meticulous in the screening of their applicants. After all, teachers provide the necessary education children need to survive.
Most establishments would prefer experienced educators. But that doesn’t mean fresh graduates don’t have a chance. If you’re just starting out on the education field, then these Resume Templates for Freshers would be perfect for you.