Flowcharts are one of the frequently used graphical representation in a business, educational, and organizational setting. Despite of its complex structure and diversified components, most businesses prefer to use them because of how well it depicts and showcase the dynamics of workflows and processes.
722+ FREE CHART Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
If you’re planning to study and learn how to create the basic flowchart, flowchart templates can give you a hand. Before you can master the art of making flowcharts, it is necessary that you know how the flowchart symbols and features work. Furthermore, there are a variety of flowcharts that one may use from process flowcharts templates to more specific ones such as behavioral management flowcharts.
Flowchart for Business Process
School Behaviour Management
School Classroom Behaviour Flowchart
Behaviour Flowchart of Consumer
Flowchart for Finance Campaign
Major Elements of a Flowchart
Before going into the variety of flowchart symbols that comprise a certain project or work, there are basic flowchart elements that you need to consider. These elements are mostly present in any flowchart. The differences and variations would lie on the specifications that each type of flowchart would require. Consider the following:
- List of processes or activities – Depending on the type of flowchart you’re dealing with either a flowchart template in Excel or a flowchart template in PDF, you need to outline beforehand the processes and activities. In work flowchart templates for instance, different work loads require a specific workflow. In this case, work managers have to document the activities and processes that are required in a specific work so that the employee will have something to refer to during the actual performance of the work.
- Sequence – All flowcharts adopt a particular sequence or order. The sequence will foreground the basic requirements before one can complete or start certain tasks. A good example would be in the case of process flowchart templates wherein the sequencing and order of activities are emphasized.
- Standardization and participants – The standardization refer to the specific flowchart symbols that make up a particular flowchart. On the one hand, the participants refer to the persons involved in the project or activities.
New Employee Flowchart
Employee Development Sample
Managing Attendance of an Employee
Common Varieties of Flowchart Templates
Delving into the specifics of a flowchart is one way of familiarizing their unique dynamics. There are different types of flowcharts and you should know what type perfectly fits your context. You can refer to the following:
- Business Flowchart Templates – If you want to map out the dynamics of your business such as your specific business operations, these templates are your best friend. There are flowcharts that are applicable for specific business processes, business plans, and many more. Moreover, templates showcase the a variety of formatting styles and techniques.
- Training Flowchart Templates – In an employment setting, training and development initiatives and plans are very significant. Employers and organizations that offer training must ensure that they provide sufficient and quality training services. By using these templates, you can build your own training flowchart that corresponds to the nature of your work may it be about financial planning, product design, customer service, and many more.
- Behaviour Flowchart Templates – According to recent studies, behavior flowcharts are used to encourage good behavior and discourage misconducts and unfavorable behavior. They are mostly used by schools and HR personnel in mapping out intervention mechanisms and initiatives for particular persons and group of individuals.
- Campaign Flowchart Templates – If you’re planning to start a campaign for whatever legitimate reasons, you can refer to these templates. Specifically in dealing with election campaigns, the campaign managers of electoral candidates come up with a flowchart to draft their campaign strategies, techniques and activities. Furthermore, you can also use flowcharts in outlining marketing campaigns such as social media campaign initiatives. Furthermore, flowchart templates in PPT are also excellent tools that in making campaign presentations.
- Medical Request Procedure Flowcharts – Flowcharts are also very useful in the medical field because medical professionals such as nurses and doctors follow certain procedures and protocols in order to uphold the best interests of the patients and general public.
Medical Request Procedure
Digital & Social Media Response
Flowchart of Digital Media
Office Staff Flowchart
Training Flowchart Template
Training Flowchart for Job
Dynamics of Flowchart Symbols
There are a variety of flowchart chart symbols that users can avail of. However, for most processes there are standard symbols that are frequently used in order to establish links and connections. Even if there is no hard and fast rule in using flowchart symbols, familiarizing their dynamics boost the quality of your flowcharts. Here are some of the basic symbols that are used in flowcharts specifically in business flowchart templates and workflow chart templates:
- Rounded box – If you want to add an event that occurs automatically, you should use this symbol. In this case, the event is considered as a trigger point in order for a subsequent action to take place.
- Diamond – A sample flowchart template. This is used to present a decision point in a certain process. This means that once a decision is made, a certain process will follow.
- Circle – If you want to connect one process to another, you can use this symbol. To add, you can also edit the text inside the symbol for you to provide and input appropriate labels and textual descriptions.
- Document – To symbolize a report or a document within a process flow, this symbol is used. Furthermore, flowcharts are also useful in drafting agenda-making processes to supplement the provided free agenda templates.
Student Assessment Team
Work Flowchart Templates
Work Request Flowchart
Early Return to Work
Guidelines in Making Flowcharts
It is a given fact that flowcharts are complex and technical in nature. Flowcharts that are not properly written and formatted can appear unprofessional and cluttered. Consistency is very important in a flowchart. In line with this, here are some points that you may refer to before building your own flowchart.
- Make an initial draft. Before making a flowchart, you need to compose your thoughts and prepare first the needed documents for you to input the correct processes. In the case of task flowchart templates, you need to secure a copy of the task flow and understand its dynamics so that you can convey the correct procedure.
- Use a reliable flowchart template and flowchart generating tools. There are a variety of flowchart building tools and software that you can use in making your own flowchart. Select the reliable and high quality ones.
- Label the symbols accordingly. The selection and use of symbols is very critical. The description must fit the symbol.
- Adopt subtle and refined design schemes. You can also add design elements in your flowchart to make it more appealing and engaging. Customize and redesign the flowchart to fit the theme and brand of your business or profession.