10+ Seating Chart Templates in Google Docs
There are certain events wherein a large number of people are required to gather within a specific location. The organizers will have to find a way to accommodate seats and possibly even tables for all these people to ensure that they have somewhere to rest while the event takes place.
For those types of situations, one of the best things to rely on would be a seating chart. This article will teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you can go about in creating a seating chart that will best suit your needs.
Elements of a Seating Chart
Although it may be quite simple to come up with a seating chart document, you’ll still need to know what you should put in it. These means that you’ll have to learn the basic elements to ensure that the chart has what it needs. These elements will include the following:
1. Title: This may seem like something minor to most people, but know that a title is important due to the fact that it conveys the purpose of the seating chart. So let’s say that you’re making a seating chart for a bridal shower that’s about to be held. You’ll want the title to contain the words “Bridal Shower Seating Chart” as well as the last name of the person for whom the shower is for.
2. Names: No seating chart can be complete unless it contains a list of names. You’ll have to come up with a list of who will be participating in the event that you’ll be holding and then place them all into the seating chart. Be sure to include the first and last names of these people so that you can easily identify each and every one of them.
3. Diagram: For those of you who want a visual representation of where people will need to be seated, then you’ll have to come up with a diagram. This will allow you to easily pinpoint where the tables and chairs should be located, as well as point out who should be seated in them. Always consider the amount of space that you are able to use so that you can come up with the best places to situate each seat.
10+ Seating Chart Templates in Google Docs
Seating Arrangement Classroom Chart
Simple Wedding Seating Chart Template
Sample Wedding Seating Chart Template
Free Wedding Reception Seating Chart
Printable Wedding Seating Chart Template
Free Student Desk Arrangement
Classroom Seating Arrangement Example
Free Banquet Seating Chart Template
Blank Wedding Seating Chart Template
Circular Seating Arrangement Classroom
How to Make a Seating Chart
1. Use Google Docs: Although there are other means of creating a seating chart, one of the easiest ways of doing so would be through the use of Google Docs. The first thing that you’ll need is a Google Account; this is something that you can easily obtain by registering for one via Google’s main site. Once you have it or if you already had one, to begin with, then here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Log in to your Google Account.
- Find the Docs icon and click it.
- Click on New.
- Choose either New Document or from the list of templates that are available.
If you want to make other types of documents, then you may use the same process if you wish to make them via Google Docs.
2. Create your seating chart: Next is for you to actually put in what the seating chart needs. Be sure to do the following:
- See if there’s a need for tables: This will depend entirely on the type of event that you’re going to hold. If you feel as if that certain activities require that participants have tables, then you’ll have to include that into the diagram. If there’s no need, then you can focus solely on seating arrangement.
- Organize all of those participating: From the list of people that you’ll be assigning seats to, you’ll have to divide them into different categories. You can divide them based on whether they’re your friends, close friends, family members, etc. That way, you’ll have an easier time figuring out who should be seated where and with whom.
- Situate each seat properly: You want your seats in optimal locations where you know the participants will be comfortable and are able to properly take part in the activities even while they’re seated. Go through the diagram and make any changes to those seats that you think can be better positioned.
Tips for Making a Seating Chart
- Be thoughtful: It’s highly possible that there will be elderly participants or those with disabilities who will be participating in your event. This is common for most sample wedding seating charts as there are many different types of people that attend weddings. So what you will want to do is to situate their seats in areas where they can easily access certain facilities or the nearest exit should they need them.
- Mix things up: There might be times where you should consider separating people from their family members and friends so that they can mingle with others. Just make sure that you have a good idea as to who they can get along with as you do not want to create an awkward situation which could potentially ruin their experience.
Types of Seating Chart
- Classroom Seating Chart
- Wedding Seating Chart
- Banquet Seating Chart
- Workplace Seating Chart
- Event Seating Chart
- Birthday Party Seating Chart
If you want to learn more about the other types of charts that you can create, then go through our site to look for the articles that can help you.
Seating Chart FAQs
What if the venue isn’t big enough to hold enough seats for my guests?
Then you always have two options: find a bigger place to hold the people you want to invite or cut the number of people who can attend.
What if I have a hard time finding who should belong where despite the diagram?
You should consider color coding different tables and seats for different categories of participants as that will make it easier for you to keep track of who should be seated where.
Take note that you can also make use of seating chart templates if you want to make a seating chart in the easiest and most convenient way possible.