10+ Chart Templates in Apple Numbers
amplGathering data is essential for any business to ensure that they stay on top of the industry. Those who are given the task of collecting and presenting that data will need something that will help them do so.
That’s why it’s important that one learns how to properly create a chart that’s able to professionally present any information that’s needed for a business to succeed. This article will teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you may go about in creating a chart in Apple Numbers.
Elements of a Chart
1. Title: Any kind of chart document that you end up creating must have an appropriate title to go along with it. This is because of the fact that a title which can attract the eyes of the viewers is one that can convey the idea as to what kind of chart these people will be presented with. As soon as you start creating the title, you have to think of one that’s directly related to the purpose of the chart and the information it contains. For example, a chart specifically meant for knowing the office hierarchy within an organization would usually have a title such as “organizational chart“.
2. Visual Representation of Data: Once you have managed to collect all the data that you wish to present in your chart, you must then figure out a way to visually present them. This is where you’ll need to think of the best form of visual representation that will make it easier for viewers to understand the information the chart is showing them. Think about this carefully. Should you use bar graphs or should you use pie charts? Maybe a table is more suitable for the data you’ve gathered. Just choose the one you think is best suited for what you’re trying to present and the audience whom you’re presenting to.
3. Information Details: You’ll want to make sure that you provide all of the details that viewers of the chart will need in order for them to completely understand what’s being shared with them. Make sure to check all of the sources that will help you realize what it is that you have to put into the chart. Consider taking down notes on any additional information that you may have to include in the chart so that you can look up where to acquire them.
10+ Chart Templates in Apple Numbers
Developing Life Cycle Chart Template
Task Compilation Report Chart Example
Free Monthly Product Growth Chart
Day to Day Product Growth Chart Sample
Free Sales Excel Chart Template
Behavioral Chart Template
Responsibility Chart Example
Simple Ranking Chart Template
Funnel Sales Bar Chart Sample
Simple Flow Chart Template
How to Create a Chart
1. Make use of Launchpad: If you’re going to make any type of chart in Apple Numbers, then know that Launchpad is the program that you’ll have to use. Know that it can only be accessed by iOS devices such as Macs. If you don’t have one, then consider other alternatives such as Microsoft Word. If you already have access to Launchpad, then here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Open Launchpad.
- Click on the numbers icon.
- Click on the type of document you want to create by choosing from the list you’ll see on the left.
- Choose the chart template that you want to use from the many different choices available.
- Click Choose to open a new document using the template you selected.
You may use the same process to help you create other types of documents with Launchpad.
2. Create your chart: Here are the things that you’ll need to do:
- Know what kind of chart you’ll have to create: This is where you’ll need to think carefully about how you want to present the information that you wish to share. Know that different types of charts each specialize in presenting information in a particular manner. For example, vertical bar charts are best suited for comparing data that are grouped into different categories, while horizontal bar charts are used in the event that those categories exceed the number of 10 or more.
- Understand the audience that you’ll be presenting the information to: Remember that the data you’ll be collecting will be determined by who you’re going to be presenting it to. This is why you’ll need to learn what kind of audience you’ll be dealing with so that you can provide them with all the information that they’ll want to hear.
Tips for Making a Chart
- Check your sources: It is crucial that you check all of the information that you’ll be putting into your chart. This is because you have to see if what you’re presenting is still relevant or if it’s already outdated. Should it be the latter, then you’ll have to look for other sources that are updated. That way, you’ll avoid embarrassing yourself to the audience.
- Color code each piece of information: If you’ll be using bar graphs, line graphs, or even pie charts to present the data you’ve gathered, then you’ll need to color code each piece of information. That way, viewers will have an easier time distinguishing whatever it is that they’re more focused on looking into. So if you were to make something like a corporate organizational chart, then you’ll have to assign different colors for all the different departments and types of employees.
Types of Chart
- Process Chart
- Analysis Chart
- Temperature Chart
- Flow Chart
- Table Chart
- Measurement Chart
If you want to learn more on charts and what types you can make, then you may go through our site until you find the articles that can help you.
How do I make sure that the audience is engaged with what I’m presenting them with?
This is why you have to learn about your audience first before collecting any kind of information. Figure out what it is that they want to hear so that you’ll know what the chart will need to share.
Is using a template the easiest way to make a chart?
Utilizing a template is definitely the most convenient way of making any kind of chart. You may choose to make one from scratch, but it’s recommended that you use chart templates.
Use the information in this article wisely and you’ll find yourself making charts that people just about any person can easily understand.