The task of having to collect accurate data and presenting it in a manner that’s both professional and informational is a difficult one. What makes it difficult is the fact that you’ll need to find what has to be presented, and then figure out how to show it to viewers in a way that’s easy for them to understand and to keep them interested.
The one document that you can make that can do just that would be a chart. This article will teach you all that you need to know about how you can go about creating your very own chart in Excel.
Every chart document should contain the basic elements if they’re expected to serve their purpose. The elements are as follows:
1. Title: Right from the very beginning, you’ll want to come up with a title for your chart. This is needed so that those who view the chart will have an idea as to what information they should expect to see on it, as well as the purpose of being shown the information. As you are coming up with the title, be sure that it is directly related to what the chart is going to be used for. An example would be naming one an “Exercise Chart” simply because it’s meant for pointing out the different exercise activities that can be done and how effective they are.
2. Bars, Lines, Tables: Visual representation is essential in nearly every chart that you’ll be creating. So if you’re going to present the data that you’ve gathered towards a particular audience, you’ll need to find the best way of doing so. This means thinking about how each piece of information that should be on the chart should be represented. Do you think that bar graphs are the way to go? Or maybe you should consider using a line graph instead? Just think about the easiest way to clearly convey the information to viewers and that should help you reach a conclusion.
3. Information Details: Since the chart is going to be used to present whatever information that you’ve managed to gather, you’ll still need to figure out what kind of information is going to be presented. Once you manage to figure that out, all you have to do next is to use the method that’s best for helping viewers understand what it is that you’re trying to share with them. Include any additional notes that will get your point across further.
The next thing that you’ll be doing is learning how to create your own chart document. Here are the steps that will let you do just that:
1. Make use of Microsoft Excel: If you’re going to make a chart in Excel, then the best program to use would be the aptly titled Microsoft Excel. If you already have it, then here is what you’ll need to do:
If you want to make other types of documents in Excel, then you may choose to use the same method.
2. Create your chart: Next would be for you to put in whatever it is that your chart needs. Here are things that you’ll need to do:
If you would like to learn more about the different types that you can create, then you may check out our site until you find the articles you need.
This depends on the type of data that you’ve collected, who you have to show it to, and how you want to show it. For example, if you have data that can be best compared by separating everything into different categories, then it’s best to create a vertical bar chart.
You can make use of the many different excel charts templates that you can find just about anywhere online or you can even use the ones in this article.
Make the most out of the information this article is presenting you with so that you’ll be able to create the chart you need.