Growth charts can be used for many purposes and in various fields of profession. It can be used by companies to determine if their business is doing well. It can also be used to evaluate an employee to determine if they have had a growth in their career which could lead to promotions and other opportunities.
But the most common idea we get when we hear growth charts is the one used by pediatricians to keep track on the growth and development of children. Since this is considered as one of the most crucial stages of a human being, it is important that a child’s growth should be monitored for abnormalities.
Business Growth Chart
Sales Growth Chart Template
Company 4 Month Growth
Creating a Child’s Growth Chart in Excel
Making your own growth chart is easy, and can be done in different ways. You can make one in the form of a line graph, which is more complicated. But you can also make a simpler chart in Excel by following these simple steps:
- On an Excel Spreadsheet, make a table with five columns and place a label on each column. (From left to right: Date, Age in Weeks/Years, Height/Length in Centimeters, Weight in Kilograms, Side Notes).
- Before assessing the child, write the date of assessment on the leftmost column.
- Document the age of the child in weeks (for children less than one year) or in years (for children more than one year).
- Using a measuring tape for infants, or a wall ruler for children capable of standing up, assess the height of the child and record it.
- Using a weighing scale, check for the child’s weight and write the result on the chart.
- If any abnormalities were observed, or if a procedure was done during the visit, such as the administration of a vaccine or vitamins, write it down on the side notes column.
For infant growth monitoring charts, you can check out our gallery of Baby Boy Growth Chart Templates and Baby Weight Charts.
Free Growth Chart for Boys
Baby Growth Chart
Example of Growth Chart
The Importance of Using a Growth Chart
As mentioned earlier, growth charts are not only used by healthcare workers to monitor. Here are a few of those reasons why using a growth chart is beneficial:
Infant/Children’s Growth Chart
- It can determine if a child is at risk of developing a medical problem.
- It can compare a child’s actual height and weight with the ideal measurement according to their age and gender, or with other children of the same age and gender.
- It can help determine if a child is malnourished or obese, or has a possibility of becoming either.
Sales/Business Growth Chart
- It is used to determine the general status of your business, whether you are gaining profits or are losing sales.
- And whatever the status of your business, it can further assess on which areas of the business are selling well, and which ones are not.
- It provides a quantified representation of the reputation of your business to demonstrate to investors and the general public that your business is stable.
For even more kinds of Chart Templates, you can go ahead and check out our gallery of Medication Chart Templates.