As much as the holidays are a time to plan parties and pick out gifts for family and friends, it is also a good time for businesses to attract more customers. After all, Christmas season is buying season and entrepreneurs should capitalize on this economic phenomenon. One cost-effective way that businesses can implement is the use of Christmas vouchers.
In this article, we will discuss the use of voucher cards both as a customer engagement strategy and as a tool to help increase sales. Also provided below are printable voucher templates that any establishment or organization may use for the upcoming Christmas season. Read more about them below.
Elements of a Good Christmas Voucher
A voucher is a document or form that has a fixed redeemable monetary value for purchasing goods, services, or a combination thereof. It is available in printed and digital formats. This is the kind of voucher we are referring to for the entirety of this article. They are useful customer engagement tools since they are easy to create and you do not need to spend a lot of money on manufacturing them.
On the list below, we have enumerated the top five essential characteristics that any Christmas voucher template should have for them to become effective marketing tools. Learn more about them below.
1. Typography: One of the more important elements to consider when completing any graphic design project is typography. This refers to the presentation of all the text elements used in any given document. On a Christmas voucher, it is best to use two to three different typefaces at most. Font style choice should also match the tone and theme of the voucher template in general. In general, good typography helps make any material and/or its underlying story more readable.
2. Theme: Aside from choosing the right typography, a voucher design becomes more compelling when it follows a design theme or motif. This is the overall look or impression that any design wishes to achieve. For example, there can be minimalist card design themes or floral themes. It is up to you to choose a theme that will best coordinate your business’ brand image and the kind of message you wish to impart to your customers using your Christmas vouchers.
3. Visual Hierarchy: The next characteristic that should be seen in a Christmas voucher design is the visual hierarchy. This refers to the intuitive arrangement of all the design and text elements used in any given visual project. So when you are designing a voucher card, always consider how the header texts, leading images, and other captions are arranged within the limited space of a voucher card. A voucher card that has good visual hierarchy is one that is able to express its message without the card design appearing too cluttered or confusing.
4. Color Scheme: Another important element that any graphic design project should have is a complementary color scheme. For a Christmas voucher card design to work, it needs to follow a color palette that reminds any person of the holiday seasons. Play with various hues, saturation, and gradients until you find a unique color scheme for your business voucher cards.
5. Compelling Ad Copy: All the other design elements listed above may not create a truly effective voucher card when combined if you do not also include compelling ad copy in the voucher card design. Ad copy, or any persuasive and/or informational wordings, included in the voucher design will let a customer know what the voucher is for and how they can use it for their purchases.
See to it that you combine all these elements into your Christmas voucher card designs. When done well, you will only end up with a well-designed and highly engaging voucher design for this coming Christmas holidays.
22+ Christmas Voucher Templates
As promised, embedded below are fully editable Christmas holiday voucher templates. They are available in multiple file formats to make it easier to download and customize them to match your own business branding image.
Sample Christmas Voucher Template
Simple Christmas Voucher Template
Printable Christmas Voucher Template
Blank Christmas Voucher Template
Santa Claus Voucher Template
Christmas Gift Voucher Template
Christmas Gift Voucher Card Template
Christmas Shopping Voucher Template
Christmas Cash Voucher Template
Christmas Football Gift Voucher Template
Christmas Ticket Voucher Template
Christmas Boarding Pass Ticket Voucher Template
Elegant Christmas Voucher Template
Christmas Voucher Template
Christmas Discount Offer Voucher Template
Christmas Gift Voucher Template
Cute Christmas Discount Gift Voucher
Elegant Christmas Gift Voucher Template
Festive Christmas Gift Voucher Template
Free Christmas Gift Voucher Template
Merry Christmas Gift Voucher Template
Modern Christmas Gift Voucher Template
Simple Christmas Discount Voucher Template
Steps to Designing a Good Christmas Voucher
Still not confident enough to design your own Christmas voucher? Fret not. In this part of the article, we are sharing a comprehensive guide on you can create highly original Christmas voucher designs for your business. Find out what the steps are below:
1. Choose a theme or motif: As we have mentioned at the beginning of this article, one of the first things to decide on when creating any kind of graphic design project is to choose a theme. Since you need to create a Christmas voucher, you can play around a lot motif from minimalist, florals, and even to rustic themes. Take a look at this modern Christmas gift voucher and be inspired to create your own. Just make sure that your chosen theme can help create a better story or narrative about your brand or service.
2. Write down all the information or text you want to include on the voucher: Next, you need to write down all the pieces of information that should be included on your voucher. This includes your business name, business letterhead, voucher card offer, the terms, and conditions of the offer, business address and other contact information, voucher card tracking or serial number, and other relevant information.
3. Choose relevant images or illustrations for your voucher: After that, it is now time to start gathering all the images, illustrations, icons, or logos that you will want to include on the Christmas voucher design. It is better to do image-hunting first so that you will not have to hop on to different websites just to find the right image later on.
4. Start combining all these design elements using the graphic design software of your choice: And now you are ready to start editing and combining the text and visual elements into a coherent whole. Open up a blank template on any graphic design software tool that you know how to use and let the creative juices flow.
5. You may also download a pre-made voucher template and customize it instead: Alternatively, you may also use a printable voucher template. This way, you do not have to do all the preliminary template design work. Instead, you just have to customize the template of your choice to make sure that this matches your business details and marketing information.
6. Review and finalize all voucher design: Once all the template editing and customizing part is done, review the template and check for grammar, spelling, and image errors. Make the necessary changes.
7. Print the voucher template: Yes, it’s the last step! And that is to take your Christmas voucher template file and have it printed at a local printing shop. Or, you may also print it out yourself using your home or office printer.
Congratulate yourself as you have now created your own Christmas vouchers!
Types of Christmas Vouchers
There is no standard classification system for Christmas vouchers. And often, they are used interchangeably with gift certificates, coupon cards, and even gift cards.
Christmas Voucher Sizes
Vouchers may follow different paper sizes. There is no standard voucher size that retailers. Most of the vouchers featured in this article follow a printing size of 8.5 inches x 4 inches.
Christmas Voucher FAQs
What is a voucher template?
A voucher template is a digital file that contains all the necessary design and text elements needed to create a voucher document or form. When a voucher template mainly follows a Christmas design theme or motif, then it is called a Christmas voucher template. And as its name implies, this kind of voucher is used for marketing campaigns in the months leading up to or during the holiday season.
What is the difference between a voucher and a gift certificate?
Vouchers and gift certificates are the same in the sense that they both have redeemable monetary value. What sets them apart is the manner by which they are marketed or provided to customers. Businesses typically use the term voucher when they want customers to purchase these redeemable cards for their own use. While simple gift certificates are used when establishments want to imbue the sense of giving with the purchase of their redeemable fixed value cards. This does not mean, however, that customers cannot gift their voucher cards to other people.
How to use Christmas vouchers?
Christmas vouchers are provided by or bought from any business establishment that allows such way to using or availing of their services. They are used by going to that specific store, retail shop, restaurant, or establishment that issued the voucher and buying or using the services that they offer. Most vouchers are not convertible to cash so may need to use up all the value or corresponding dollar amount linked with the voucher to make the most of it.
You have made it to the last portion of this article. We hope that you have learned a lot of things about designing your own Christmas vouchers. Do not hesitate to use any of the free business voucher templates featured above to help you create the best voucher for your business.