Marketing any type of business can be a demanding task. That is why, as an entrepreneur, you need to implement and follow through with any marketing campaign that you come up of. One cost-effective advertising strategy that you could follow is the use of voucher templates.
In this article, we share various tips on how to improve customer engagement using business vouchers. Also included in this article are multiple examples of downloadable voucher templates in Word file format. Make sure to read until the end of this article for you to get all these template-making hacks.
A voucher is a document (usually printed on a small piece of paper) that has a predetermined monetary value used to buy goods or services. They are often used as a way to entice customers to buy more for themselves or for other people. In the list below, we have listed down a few characteristics that any voucher card design should ideally possess for them to become effective marketing tools.
1. Theme or Motif: The first factor to consider when creating a good voucher is the design’s theme or motif. The voucher’s design needs to coincide with your marketing campaign’s theme, its purpose, and also with your brand’s image. There are different ways to go about choosing a gift voucher design theme but the most failsafe method is by selecting a theme that follows the purpose of your marketing campaign. To illustrate, if you want to increase sales during the holiday season, then it will make sense to create voucher designs that follow the holiday season. Take a look at these Christmas voucher designs to have an idea of what they can look like.
2. Layout: The next element that should be present in a voucher design is an organized layout. Remember, vouchers are just like any kind of print advertising. Your customers will read the content of the voucher to know how to use it. And choosing an organized and clean layout will let your customers read the voucher card more quickly and more easily.
3. Persuasive Ad Wording: As we have mentioned earlier, voucher cards are considered as printed marketing collaterals. This means that they need to come up with ad copy that is worded in such a way that it will entice customers to use or try out your services or products. You may write persuasive ad copy on your own or you may hire a professional to create one for you. Custom-fit your voucher’s ad wording according to the kind of impression you wish your customers or buyers to get when they read your voucher. Also, do not forget to add the voucher’s implementation terms and conditions on the voucher design and make sure that they are worded accordingly.
4. Color Palette: Another important feature that a voucher design should have for it to stand out is the use of a color palette that makes sense for the product or service you are advertising. For example, this means that if you are creating Thanksgiving vouchers for your restaurant, it may be ideal to choose a color palette filled with oranges and browns. Or, if you are creating a Christmas voucher design for your retail store, then it makes sense to choose holiday greens, reds, and blues as your primary voucher card colors.
5. Font Choices: The last element that plays an important role in any graphic design project is typography. That is why when creating a voucher design, you should also carefully choose typefaces that will help tell your business’ and your voucher campaign’s story well. To illustrate, if you are creating restaurant vouchers for your fine dining restaurant, then it makes sense to use font styles that evoke elegance and formality. Tailor what font styles you use based on the theme of your marketing campaign and the type of voucher design you wish to create.
Study all these elements and you will be guided into creating the best voucher designs for your business or organization. For more examples of voucher designs, do not hesitate to check out the rest of our website.
Embedded below are multiple examples of voucher templates in Word (DOC) file format. All these printable templates are fully editable using Microsoft Word so you can rest easy knowing that can personalize them into something that will suit your tastes. Also note that these pre-made templates are also available in other file formats like PSD, AI, Mac Pages, and Microsoft Publisher.
Listed below are a few design tips that any entrepreneur, graphic designer, or marketer can implement in order to get a more compelling voucher template design.
1. Add branding design elements: One design tip that can work wonders for your brand is the addition of your business branding elements. We are talking about your business logo, letterhead design, slogan, or even just your brand name. Do not forget to add these simple details as they can help increase brand recall.
2. Implement with other customer engagement strategies: Yes, using voucher cards can work wonders for any business. But, if you want to get the most out of this marketing strategy, make sure that you also implement it with other customer engagement strategies. Examples of which are flyer and brochure distribution, radio and/or print ad marketing, email marketing, and even social media marketing.
3. Use a pre-made voucher template: Another design tip that can help entrepreneurs create vouchers quickly without sacrificing the quality of the voucher design is through the use of printable voucher templates. We have shared multiple downloadable examples in this article and you can start using them for free. And if you want a more personalized look, do not forget that all these templates can be edited according to your personal preferences and business needs.
4. Try out different color schemes: Lastly, make sure to try out different color schemes with your voucher design before settling on the final design. Color plays an important role in making a visual project stand out. Take your time in choosing what specific colors will match your advertising campaign. Today, it is very easy to edit a voucher template’s color scheme thanks to the availability of graphic design software programs like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and even common tools like Microsoft Word.
When done right, all the tips listed above will definitely help you create effective voucher designs. And as you navigate the world of business marketing, you will hopefully learn more tips and tricks on how to make standout voucher designs and other printed marketing collaterals. For more design inspiration, do not forget to check out the rest of our website.
Vouchers may be categorized according to the type of business or organization that uses them, to the occasion or event that they are used in, and to the software program that created them.
According to the type of business:
According to the occasion or event:
According to the software that created them:
Marketers and business owners may follow whatever printing size they want their vouchers to have. In this article, all of the printable voucher templates that we have included measure 8.5 inches by 4 inches.
A voucher template in Word is a pre-formatted digital file created using Microsoft Word that combines all the graphics and text elements needed for a printable voucher design. To open and edit a voucher template in a Word file, you will need to know how to use a word processing software program called Microsoft Word.
A voucher is a marketing collateral that has a predetermined monetary value. It can be used to purchase products or services from the store or organization that provided the voucher card. You are free to buy things according to the value of the voucher. On the other hand, a discount card only has predetermined markdown from the price or cost of a product or service. For example, if a restaurant meal costs $20 and you have a discount card worth $5, then you will only be paying $15.
Vouchers are usually bought from the store or business establishment itself. They are priced at the same rate as their stored value and you can use or gift them to your friends and family.
Combine all the knowledge that you have learned here with a sound marketing plan and you will soon experience all the positive effects for you and your business. Also, do not forget to bookmark this article so that you can easily refer back to them.