Need a creative yet affordable way to attract new customers and boost sales? If yes, then try out making service and product voucher cards. These small printed cards allow you and your guests to provide discounts or pre-purchased items or services to customers and other people.
And in this article, we will teach you how to create voucher designs that are not only aesthetically pleasing but are also informative and functional. We will also show multiple examples of voucher templates in Publisher file format —making it easier for those who only know how to edit using Microsoft Publisher.
As we have mentioned earlier, this article focuses on how to create well-designed vouchers that anyone can be proud to use and/or own. To do that, we first need to introduce the core graphic design elements that, when incorporated wisely, can help create compelling voucher designs. Find out what these elements are below.
1. Persuasive Call To Action: A call to action should, quite literally, spur a customer or reader into action. The best voucher designs are those that encourage them to purchase product or services and use the voucher. Examples of good calls to action for vouchers are “Sale!”, “Get 10% off when you order…”, “Free!”. Tailor-fit the wording of your call to action according to the kind of business you operate and the kind of voucher you want to create.
2. Clear Fine Print: Vouchers can be considered promotional offers for certain products and services. Therefore, they should come with clear instructions on how to redeem and use them. Without these instructions, implementation and use of discount vouchers will be unorganized— something that can create a negative customer experience.
3. Layout Design: Never forget that a voucher can still be considered as reading material. Therefore, it needs to be designed in a way that allows readers to interpret its content as fast as possible. One way to do this is through the use of a good layout design. Lay out all the text and visual elements in a clean and organized manner as this promotes readability.
4. Promotional Hook or USP: Another characteristic of a good voucher design is the inclusion or the mention of a promotional hook or a unique selling position. A USP is your primary draw to attract customers. This can be your restaurant’s food (if you are making a restaurant voucher) or this can be your super low priced clothing (if you are making a fashion voucher). Be clear on what your business’ or organization’s USP is and this will reflect positively on your brand’s identity.
5. Typography: Good typography design means all the text elements used in a visual project helps enrich a customer’s experience of reading and understanding any material or topic. In the case of a voucher, you need to choose typefaces and a formatting style that matches your preferred theme, your voucher’s purpose, and your brand’s identity.
Combine all these elements and you will off to a good start in creating your own voucher designs. Do not forget to enjoy the process and keep your eyes open for more voucher design tips and tricks.
Shared below are voucher templates in Publisher file format. Most of these printable and editable templates are also available in other download formats like Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe Illustrator (AI), Adobe InDesign (INDD), Microsoft Word (DOC), and Apple Pages (PAGES) file formats.
Just like creating any kind of graphic design project, a voucher should also be designed well to ensure that they pique a customer’s interest. And to do that, we have listed a few more voucher design tips below. Read on…
1. Try using a printable voucher template: To make the voucher design process easier, we suggest that you download a printable voucher template. These files are fully editable so that you can easily make changes to a voucher design and match it with your business needs. Multiple examples are embedded within this article so feel free to use any of them.
2. Don’t forget to add your business logo: To lend more credibility to any voucher you create, do not forget to add your business’ branding elements into the design. Incorporating simple things like your company logo, business letterhead, logotype, or even using the same company colors can all help reinforce your brand’s image. When adding logo and letterhead icons, make sure these elements are resized and scaled well so that they will not appear deformed when printed on smaller pieces of paper.
3. Incorporate high-quality images: Another way to make a voucher design more compelling is the use of high-quality images. You may use stock photos or you may hire a photographer to take pictures of your store premises, products, or services. Incorporating images makes your voucher more credible and authentic. This is especially true if you are using actual photos from your store or business.
With the help of the tips shared in this article, we hope that you will gain enough confidence in starting your own voucher marketing campaigns. Also, have fun!
Listed below are a few important items that should be included
Listed below are different types of vouchers classified according to their intended purpose:
When it comes to creating a voucher, there is no standard size to follow. Most of the free printable templates included above follow the 8.5 inches by 4 inches paper printing size. But they are resizeable according to the template end user’s preferences.
Both gift cards and vouchers have a stored monetary value that can be used to purchase products, services, or a combination thereof. However, gift cards, as its name implies, are usually purchased with the intention that they will be given as a present for another person. Voucher may still be used in the same manner.
If you have a small business, it may not be necessary to keep include advanced security measures like scannable barcodes and tracking number in your voucher design. But if you want to keep track of the purchase and use of each voucher, adding these security features is necessary.
A voucher template in PSD is a graphic design file created using Microsoft Publisher. As a design template, it will contain all the text, formatting, layout, images, font, and other graphic elements needed for making a digital voucher design. Templates made using Microsoft Publisher are saved with a .PUB file extension name.
In most cases, no. Vouchers may not be converted to or exchanged for cash but they can be used as cash. Do note that different establishments and organizations will have different rules as to how a voucher can be used. Contact the store or company where you bought the voucher if you have any questions regarding its proper usage.
Aren’t vouchers just inventive ways to promote sales for any kind of business? If you are interested in starting a voucher policy for your establishment, make sure to heed all of the design and implementation tips shared in this article. And if you wish to learn more about starting a business, check out more business templates through our website.