17+ Food Voucher Templates
Who can say no to free food? Restaurants, probably knowing that the majority answer to this question is no one, hold a promotional run in their menu every now and then, cutting off prices on their delectable meals and offering savory deals just as long as you have a food voucher. However, unlike in the past where vouchers samples are mainly made for the benefit of the customer, the focus today has been shifted to the restaurants’ benefit on increasing their clout, so they can earn more in the long run..
Table of Content
- Elements of a Good Food Voucher
- 17+ Food Voucher Templates
- Types of Food Vouchers
- Steps to Make a Great Food Voucher
If you are tasked to design a food voucher for a restaurant, then this article will serve as your guide to the modern approach in designing one, presenting to you example ideas and steps on how you can turn a basic food coupon design into an attractive marketing flyer.
Elements of a Good Food Voucher
Food vouchers come in various designs and material. Especially that the underlying main purpose of a food voucher is to market, restaurants spare no penny in ensuring that it gets the best visual value to attract customers. But whatever color or kind the voucher come in, it will always have the following elements:
1. Indicated Value: The indicated value of a food voucher is the special promotional benefit that the customer can avail from the restaurant. These promotional benefits include a discount from a selected food item, a fully-paid meal, or a special food bundle.
2. Expiry Date: Restaurants set an expiry date that coincides with the end of their promotional period. It is the specified time frame wherein the food voucher can be claimed. Restaurant determines an expiry date due to several factors, but it is primarily for fiscal reasons.
3. Terms and Conditions (T&C): These are the guidelines and mechanics that the customer must follow to successfully redeem their food voucher. The full terms and conditions are usually printed in small text at the back portion of the voucher.
4. Security Feature: In food vouchers where the restaurant is putting its fiscal stability at risk for promotional purposes, it is only important for any restaurant business to impose strict security measures to prevent frauds. Standard security measures that a company employ include a serialized tracking number, a QR code, or any special mark that is hard to imitate but is easy to verify.
5. Restaurant Details: The restaurant name, address, contact number, and other details of the restaurant help the customer identify the place they can use the voucher. As some vouchers also serve as a promotional flyer, the restaurant information is the most vital element that is hard to miss out on.
17+ Food Voucher Templates
Printable Food Voucher Template
Sample Food Voucher Template
Simple Food Voucher Template
Lunch Food Voucher Template
Term Condition Food Voucher Template
Night Out Food Voucher Template
Redemption Food Voucher Template
Catering Food Voucher Template
Hospital Food Voucher Template
Grocery Food Voucher Template
School Food Voucher Template
Fastfood Gift Voucher Template
Fast Food Discount Voucher Template
Food Voucher Example
Fast Food Voucher Sample
Food Gift Voucher Sample
Food Promo Voucher Template
Restaurant Food Gift Voucher
Types of Food Vouchers
1. Food Discount Coupons: The most common type of voucher where the customer can redeem a food item at a discounted price. These discounts, however, cannot be stacked in most cases and the customer can only redeem one per order. Food discount coupons are handed out for free for the sake of restaurant promotion.
2. Stamp Cards: This type of food voucher grants a customer, who has gathered a certain number of stamps, with a food item or restaurant paraphernalia, such as a tumbler or a planner. The scheme in food stamps follows a point system in which customers are given a stamp on their cards for every purchase of a regular order. The use of this type of voucher is pretty common in restaurants as it is an effective way of making a customer frequent their place to stack up points.
3. Restaurant Gift Vouchers: Gift vouchers in restaurants basically allow a customer to pay for someone else’s meal in a more indirect and sophisticated way. These prepaid vouchers store a certain amount that the gifting customer pays for the receiver to redeem that value to the issuing restaurant.
4. Meal Cards: Formerly known as lunch coupons, these are cards issued by some companies when they offer free meals as a benefit. Employees can present their meal cards to an affiliated restaurant so the expenses for their meal can be charged to a running tab of their company. Some meal cards can also store points that the customer can use to effect discounts in their later purchases.
Steps to Make a Great Food Voucher
1. Gather specifications, details, and visuals: Request for the details that the restaurant wants to be put on their voucher. This includes the restaurant information, their promotional texts, terms, and conditions, etc. Determine the size, shape, and type of voucher you will be making. It is vital to know the specifications and the kind of texts you will be working on so you can set your thresholds in designing.
2. Lay out all the major information on the front part of the voucher: Now that you have gathered all the required elements, you can start in putting them all in place. In designing a food voucher, you will be working on two parts: the front part of the voucher where the major details are found and the back part of the voucher for the terms and condition and minor details. The major details that you will be laying out on the front are the restaurant details, the restaurant discount text, the voucher tagline, and some pictures.
3. Spare the back portion of your voucher solely for T&C: Vouchers are relatively small, and cramming in all the necessary information on one side alone can make it look cramped and unattractive to look at. This is the reason why the lengthy terms and conditions can use the luxury of the back portion. However, important details of the guidelines must still be somehow imprinted on the front, though not as prominent and are written in bullet form.
4. Apply finishing edits: Assess your voucher if it is complete, neat, and attractive. Cross-check the details given by your client to your voucher to know if you have laid the information out completely. Take note of your layout if it paves way for an easily discernible information, and then make a sound judgment on your design that it makes the voucher attractive and enticing but not too distracting.
Tips for a Great Food Voucher
- Choose high-quality material: The choice of your paper material is just as important as the design, and in some cases, it might make or break the design itself. Most restaurants often choose glossy paper or thick paper cardboard so the customer will be encouraged to keep them.
- Try e-vouchers: E-vouchers are food coupons that are issued digitally. Receivers of this type of voucher only need to present their e-vouchers that are saved via phone and an employee will scan or verify it. They come with no compromises, do not have any printing cost, and can easily be shared in social media.
Food Voucher Template Sizes
The usual size of food vouchers follows the standard size of vouchers, which is at 8.5 inches by 4 inches.
Food Voucher FAQs
How does one usually redeem food vouchers?
There are many ways that exist to procure a voucher. You can get it through promotional leaflets, special contests held by a restaurant, and company reward issued by your employer. Just make sure that you take note of the voucher’s expiry date to make sure that you did not miss out on the opportunity.
Can you use multiple food vouchers in one go or order?
Most restaurants can only grant one food voucher per order. If you want to use another voucher, then you might have to come back at another time. But in the end, it still depends on the restaurant’s terms and conditions regarding the voucher. To be sure, check the full guidelines at the back part of your voucher.
Running a restaurant is known to be the riskiest business because of its long payout period. And even then, the most established food places still feel the need to continually innovate and produce new food inventions for the insatiable taste buds of the masses. When it comes to promoting a restaurant’s menu, food vouchers offer a great way in luring the people’s tongues in with some sweet-savory deals, making up for an indispensable marketing tool in the ever-so-fickle food industry.
More in Voucher Templates
|23+ Food Voucher Templates - PSD, Vector EPS, AI||18+ Food Voucher Templates|