Designers have begun pushing font styles to their creative limit. What we have in this collection is a few fonts we’ve found that can fit the definition of funky. Now whatever that word means to you, if it means swanky or if it means heavy, bold, vivid, or unusual, you might be right on all counts. Thanks to their variety, we are sure that no matter what creative camp you belong to, you’ll definitely find something interesting here.
These are meant mostly as references for inspiration. You will have to check their respective download pages if you can get a free snapshot, stock photo, or even a font file you can import to type in, if you’re lucky.
3D Funky Font
Funky Text Font
Funky Graffiti Font
Funky Tattoo Font
Funky Bold Font
What Makes a Funky Font?
Many comic fonts can be considered funky. It’s a funny (and fun) word that means it’s cool, it’s “hip,” or it’s in style.
These fashionable font styles hail from all corners of the creative spectrum.
- For the futuristic and space-age, you have the Funky Bold and 3D Funky examples.
- Retro enthusiasts will drool over the “Neon” Funky Text Font and maybe the Funky Tattoo Font for a bit of a Wild Western flair. There is also something very ’80s about the Funky Graffiti Font.
- The Funky Script Font and Funky Handwriting Font are comic genius and will lend the perfect touch of humor and fun to your graphics.
- For something more high-end trendy, the Funky Calligraphy Font collection is a la mode.
- For something funky but a bit unconventional and dramatic, the Funky Cursive Font wins a lot of votes.
- And in case you think simplicity is not a factor that makes for aesthetic funkiness, the ultramodern Funky Letter Font will make you eat your words.
There are obviously no hard-and-fast rules for what makes a funky font. It is either funky, or it isn’t. (The opposite may be utilitarian or conventional, practical fonts.)
The only way to describe it is a certain boldness and concentration of whatever it is that makes it belong to the world of art.
Funky Script Font
Funky Calligraphy Font
Funky Cursive Font
Funky Letter Font
How Do I Use These Fonts?
The beauty of some fonts is that just by looking at their style you know exactly where they should go in your next graphic project. Style defines itself. These fonts will likely place themselves as well, as long as you understand what they are trying to accomplish.
To actually use these fonts is another story. The specifics will vary for each sample on the list:
- Price. Some will have to be purchased, others will be free, and some are accessible only after registering for a free account.
- Format. Some may be in font files that you can download, import, and type in. Others will merely be snapshots or sample photos of a letter set. Either file type should be helpful to a resourceful artist, who can base new designs on these references.
If you find yourself able to use these fonts, make sure to check for any licensing restrictions that may apply before you use them on commercial projects.
These Fonts Aren’t Funky Enough for Me
Funky is in how you define it.