Just about every business owner knows the importance of having a well-defined price list. A price list is what one uses to place on every single product and service that his or her business has to offer where each of their respective prices is placed right alongside them.
100,000+ Ready-Made Designs, Docs & Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote.
With a price list, customers will have an easier time in determining what they would like to choose from and know just how much they have to pay for the goods that they want. However, a good price list will get customers buying while a bad one will just send them off to others with better prices. Which is the reason why learning how to create proper price lists is vital for just about every business owner.
The Top 5 Places to Acquire Price List Templates
- Template.net. The first on the list would be without a doubt our very own site. Our site has multiple arrays of all the different types of price lists you’ll need such as photography price lists, service price lists, and even retail price lists that you can download with a click of a button. If you like, template.net also offers designs for menus, credit cards, flyers, invitations, and much more.
- Templates.office.com. This is one of the more common sites where you can get a ton of templates for your needs. They have other varieties such as work schedule templates or even wedding checklist templates that you can use. If you would like, you can also download other products such as their applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Pagination.com. This is a site where you can easily choose the layout of the template that you would like to use, upload your data and project images, clicking on the Pagination option to create the file, and downloading the file into your computer. The site can also give you a tutorial for those who have yet to learn how to make a proper price list template.
- Postermywall.com. This is a simple site where you can get a preview of all the price list templates that you would like to download and use. It’s also a site that can grant you multiple background images for the price of $2.00. If you decide to download the background images for free, then you can expect a large watermark on your image.
- Catalogmachine.com. This is a site that can offer you good quality price lists as well as allowing you to build online catalogs for those who dislike making use of complex design tools. While downloading price lists can come free, making catalogs come with a price. These are usually set from $15 a month to $99 a month with each of them having their own unique benefits.
How to Make a Proper Price List
As mentioned earlier, a proper price list is what’s going to let your customers know exactly what your business has for sale and makes it easier for them to choose what they want. There are a lot of factors that can play into the price of the products and services that you are selling. Some of these include the demand of your customers and the price of your competitors. So to help you make a price list that’s presentable to your customers and can be used by both them and you, here are a few steps that you can follow:
- Make a list of everything that your business is selling. So that means gathering your product list and service list and putting them all into one document. What you’re going to want to do is to put them all into different categories that will allow you to organize as well as streamline the list. You’ll want to continue this process until every item is in its own respective group. This way, it will be much easier for your customers to find what they need as well as making sure that you and your employees will be able to quickly gather information regarding what goods cost what.
- Write a description next to each product on your list. The information that you can place in is the type of product, the manufacturer, and how the product should be handled. Your description can also depend on the type of products or services that your business plans on selling to customers. A good example would be is if your business sells something that requires heavy descriptions such as computers. You’ll need to place in information such as the computer’s specifications so that customers will have a better understanding of the product as well as helping them make the decision as to whether or not they should buy it.
- You must then launch a spreadsheet program on your computer. It can be anything from Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Works Spreadsheet, or even OpenOffice Calc that you can use to create an actual price list. While each program has different manufacturers, all of them should follow similar methods that should allow you to create a spreadsheet.
- Next thing you’ll have to do is click on File and then select the New option so that you can open up a new spreadsheet. Label each of the columns with the appropriate heading. A good example would be placing “Product Name” in one column and then “Price” and “Description” on the next ones. The exact column headers will depend on the product and service that you’re selling as well as the information regarding the price so that your customers can make an informed decision regarding whether or not they should buy.
- Add the types of products and services that you would like to sell to the list and then add all of the relevant information related to each of the product for every column. Keep adding until every single product and service that your business offers is all contained inside the list.
- Once you’re all done, you’ll need to print the price list. Add the name of your company as well as its logo and any other relevant images to help enhance the price list if necessary. You can also upload this list to your business’s official website or you can send it to your customers via e-mail.