10+ Sample List Templates
People who have a multitude of tasks that need to be completed or items that they need to acquire or provide will need a document that will help keep them reminded of what these things are. Not only that, but the document must also be able to remind them of other details such as when these things need to be acquired or given or how certain tasks should be completed.
So if you’re in need of something like this, then it’s best that you try and come up with a proper list that will help you stay organized. This article will teach you all that you need to know in order to make such a list.
The Elements of a Good List
If you’re going to come up with a list, then you should know that there are a few basic components that every single one of them should contain. Without them, these lists won’t be able to convey the information that you’re going to need. So always be sure to include the following:
- A proper title: If you want readers to know exactly what the list is for, then you’re going to have to create a proper title. It’s best that you go with one that’s appropriate for the information that you’re trying to present. For example, you can go with the title of “price list” in the event that it’s for providing information on the different items and prices of certain products.
- Categories of items: It won’t be a list unless you place anything in it. You need to know all of the items that you’re going to be placed in it, then you’re going to have to categorize each of them accordingly. That way, the list will look more organized and readers should have an easier time spotting what they need to find.
- Item details: This is anything from the quantity to the price of the items. It’s also best that you go with every item’s full description as readers will want to know the purpose as to why these items were listed down, and it can help them understand exactly what’s being presented. If the items are a list of tasks, then be sure that you are able to perfectly describe these tasks.
- Names of those involved in the list: If the list involves someone receiving items or someone doing certain tasks, then you’ll need to write down that person’s name. That way, readers of the list will be able to identify the role that these people play in terms of handling whatever items are on the list.
10+ List Templates
Project List Sample
Reference List Template
To-Do List Example
Simple Film Shot List
Basic Grocery List
Inventory List Template
Class List Sample
Sample Price List Template
Wedding List Template
Free Material List Template
How to Create a Good List
Now that you’ve learned about the basic components of a list, then the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how you’re going to make one. Although there are many different types that you could possibly create, the steps that will be presented will still be usable when coming up with whatever list you wish to make.
With that in mind, here are the things that you’ll need to do when coming up with a proper list:
1. Start by Providing the Title: As previously mentioned, the point of having the title is so that those who decide to go through the list will know exactly what it’s intended for. So first, you’ll want to position the title in a place where just about anyone can see it clearly. You’ll also have to consider the size as you want it larger than the standard text, but not too large to the point where it takes up too much space.
And lastly, come up with a title that’s appropriate. Remember that it needs to have something to do with the purpose of the list. For example, if the list you’re making is dedicated entirely for shopping purposes, then you can simply write “shopping list” as the title.
2. Write Down the Details of All the Items that You Need to Include: Next is that you’ll need to point out all of the items that your list is going to consist of. Again, this will depend entirely on the type of list that you wish to create. So let’s say that you wish to make a list specifically for what you’re going to do on a daily basis. This means that it’s going to consist of all the different daily tasks that you’ll need to complete.
As you’re doing this, you have to consider the details that you’ll need to present with every item that you’re going to place.
Let’s say that you’re making a list of products that you’ll need to deliver to a client. The client will most likely want to know exactly what it is that he/she is delivering, as well as how much he/she is expected to receive. So it’s here that you’ll need to include complete descriptions of every item that you’ll write down, as well as the quantity of every item that needs to be delivered.
Just make sure that you write down all of the details and you shouldn’t have to worry too much in regards to the contents of the list.
3. Write Down Who the List is For: If you’re going to make a list, then there’s bound to be a couple of people that are involved in it. But whether it’s for one person or more, you’ll need to include the appropriate information. If it’s a list for something personal, then you can simply state your complete name to show that the list is for you.
However, for lists that involve business-related matters, then you’re going to have to include other important details. For example, a class list will consist of the names of the teacher and all of the students belonging to the specific class. Not only that, but it should also present the which school the class belongs to and what year level or section the students and teachers belong to.
Tips for Making Your List
- Always provide proper descriptions for every item: Whether you’re writing a list of products, services, or even tasks, you should always provide ample descriptions to ensure that readers know exactly what they are or how they’re meant to be provided.
- Categorize every item appropriately: If you want your list to look presentable, then you should consider categorizing every item. That way, you can easily find whatever you’re looking for and you can check if everything that needs to be on the list is in it.
- Proofread and edit your list: Before you finalize it, it’s best that you check for any mistakes that you could have made. This includes everything from grammar, spelling, or even the information that you wish to present.
Types of Lists
Remember that there are many different types of lists that you can make and each of them contains their own specific purpose. So here are a few examples:
- Grocery List
- Delivery List
- Inventory List
- Attendance List
- Class List
- Contact List
- Equipment List
- Gift List
- Guest List
No matter what kind of list you end up making, you should know that the standard size would usually be that of A4 & US. This is because these two particular sizes are enough to contain all of the information that one will need in a way that makes it look presentable, as well as being able to convey everything in an easy manner. While you can opt to go for smaller sizes, the standard A4 & US are usually the way to go.
Is There a Format I Should Follow?
Unless it’s for a list for business-related purposes, then there isn’t really a standard format that you should follow. It’s best to go with one that you’re comfortable with and one that’s able to present all of the information in an organized manner.
Are There Applications that Can Help Me Create My List?
Yes, there are many different applications and software that you can use to help you make your own list. All you have to do is choose the one that you’re comfortable with in terms of usage. The most standard software that you can use would have to be Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel.
Is There an Easy Way to Make Lists?
Yes, all you have to do is to download a list template that’s appropriate for what information you want to present. You can choose from the ones that we have available here if you wish to do so.
In the event that you would like to learn about the other types of documents that you could come up with, then you simply need to visit Template.net to find what you need. It has many different articles that should be able to provide you with the right information. Just be sure to read the ones that you have chosen thoroughly so that you can make the most out of what they have to offer.