10+ Sample List Templates In Word
There will come a time where you’re going to have to make a list that will help you keep track of certain things. What you want to keep track of will be entirely up to you, but you will still need to learn how to make one.
So whether it be a class list, contact list, or even sales list, it’s important that you know what it should consist of and what you should do in order to make it. That’s why this article is going to give you all the information you need to be able to come up with whatever list you need.
Elements of a List Template
Although you may already know how to make one, it’s still important for you to be reminded that every list template has its basic elements. Should you decide to make one and you don’t even know what these elements, then most likely that the list you come up with will not be able to contain the information that it’s supposed to.
So knowing that, here are the basic elements that just about every good list should have:
1. Title: It’s very important that you’re able to come up with an accurate title for the list that you want to make. The point of having one is to give readers an idea as to what the document consists of. When making the title, you must make sure that it’s related to its purpose. For example, let’s say that you’re making a list specifically for helping you keep track of the groceries that you need to buy. The title for a document that’s made specifically for that purpose should be something like “Grocery List” or anything similar.
2. Purpose: Remember that if you want to make a proper title, then you’ll have to know about the purpose of the list first. Not only does it help you make the title, but it can also tell you what items have to be in the document as well as what they’re going to be used for.
3. Item Details: Whatever you write down here will depend on the type of list that you plan on making. There are a lot of details to consider, but know that you must always provide and accurate description of every item that you’ve listed down.
10+ Sample List Templates in Word
Inventory List Template Sample
Photography Price List Template Format
Free Sample Price List Template
Film Shot List Template Format
Grocery List Template
Contact List Template Example
Equipment List Template
Free Grocery List Template Sample
Baby Shower Guest List Template
Free Price List Template
How to Make a List Template in Word
Now that you have an idea as to what you a list should contain, the next step is for you to actually learn how to make one. Take note that making a list in Word format isn’t exactly the most difficult thing to do, but there are still things to consider to ensure that it’s able to contain all the information that you actually need it to have.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper list:
1. Download, install, and use a Word program: If you’re going to make a list in Word format, then you’ll obviously want to make it with a Word program. There are a lot of different types that can help you out with that, but know that the most common one being used today is Microsoft Word. Once you’ve managed to choose the kind of program that you want to use, do the following:
- Create a blank document by choosing the File option and then click on “New”
- Place your cursor where you want a bulleted or numbered list.
- On the Home tab, click the arrow next to Bullets or Numbering.
- Choose the style and then begin typing.
- Press Enter every time you want a new bullet or number. If you want to finish the list, then just click on Enter twice.
2. Type down all the information the list should contain: The next step is to make sure that it has all the information that you want it to have. Every list is unique in the sense that they have different items for different purposes. You’re going to have to know the type of list you’re supposed to make as well as what it’s for so that you’ll have an idea as to what your list should consist of. So to get you started, here’s what’s usually found in a list:
- Item description: No matter what kind of list that you do end up making, you’ll always have to provide an accurate description of the items that you place in it. This is to ensure that you know exactly what it is that you have to keep track of. Do this, and you won’t have to worry about what a specific item is and what it’s for.
- Time and date: Some lists will require you to keep track of when something has to be done. This means that you must be able to provide the exact time and date in which something has to be delivered, received, handled, etc.
- Names: Certain lists will have names for specific purposes. For example, you may be making a list that’s specifically for someone who needs to accomplish certain tasks. In any case, just make sure that you write down the first names, last names, and middle initials of those that are involved.
- Prices: This is especially important for price lists. Sometimes you’ll need to come up with a list that requires you to keep track of the prices of the goods that need to be bought or sold. Make sure to provide accurate figures for each price that has to be listed down.
Types of List Templates
Now that you’ve managed to learn how to make lists and what they should consist of, then the next step is for you to learn the types that you can make. Remember that each list serves a different purpose, meaning that there are different types that serve a specific one. So long as you know what these types are, then you should have an idea as to what kind you’re going to have to make.
Knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Material List
- Inventory List
- Guest List
- Grocery List
- Price List
- Sales List
- Equipment List
- Class List
- Phone List
- Project List
- Shopping List
This are just a few of the many different types that you can make. Should you wish to learn more about them, then you have the option to go through our site to get all of the information that you need.
List Template FAQs
Can I make it in any other format aside from a Word program?
Yes. When you start making a list, now that you can make it in Word, Excel, PDF, etc. Take note that different formatting types will require you to make use of different programs. Just make sure that you know what type you want it in so that you’ll also know what program to use.
Is there a way to bring my list in a convenient manner?
Yes. So long as you have any mobile device with you at all times, then you’ll have the ability to bring and open up the list you’ve made at any given point in time. Since we’re talking about a list made in the Word format, you’re going to have to download a Word app on your phone or any mobile device that you carry. Once you’ve done that, transfer the list to your phone and open it with the program at any time that pleases you.
Is there an easy way to make one?
Yes. What you’re going to need is a list template and the program that will help you open it. Access the template with the program and then make whatever changes you think are necessary. You may use the templates that are available in this article should you wish to do so.
Remember that making a list in Word isn’t hard, but you want to make sure that you do it well. So make use of the information that is presented in this article so that you can guarantee that you’re able to make a proper list.