A job is a person’s stable source of income and society’s vehicle for progress. To get it, a person must usually apply for a position in an organization or company that generates profit, be it in business or government. Employers then provide a form or collection of forms for applicants to fill out to express his or her availability and desire to be employed and convincing the employer to accept the applicant for employment. The application form will serve as a reference in deciding whether the applicant is fit for the position being offered.
We have gathered several types of work application templates as references for people who are currently seeking employment or HR personnel who is drafting hiring forms for their company. These templates are downloadable and ready to use, but they can always be customized according to what you need and don’t need.
78+ Work Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
General Work Application Template
Work Placement Application Template
Employee Work Application Template
Work Permit Application Template
Work Leave Application Template
The Uses of Application Forms
- It supplies personal details of an applicant. Personal details like contact information, social security numbers, and reference people, which are not usually included in a cover letter or during the job interview are provided in these forms.
- It collects verification of information. Unlike job interviews where an applicant can enhance factual information just to get the job position, an application form requires the person’s signature to verify that all filled contents are true.
- It serves employers’ needs that a resume doesn’t. Unlike a resume or a cover letter, which usually highlights an applicant’s strengths and eligibility for the open position, an Employment Application provides questions that require factual answers such as educational background and work experiences.
- It encourages uniformity in information gathered. Some application forms contain questions that ask for personal opinions and other special qualifications that the job opening requires (such as those in Internship Application forms). It helps employers organize all the applicants’ response in order to see which one is the most eligible for the job.
Standard Work Application Template
Confidential Voluntary Work Application Form Template
Blank Work Application Template
The Structure of Work Application Forms
- Personal details. This part includes the name, contact information, social security number, and other details needed to identify the applicant.
- Educational background. Academic requirements such as highest educational attainment and scholastic achievements are some of the factors for job qualification.
- Employment history. Previous work experiences are essential for job eligibility as they show employers the applicant’s ability to perform the tasks required for the job.
- Skills and interests. Basic computer and language skills, as well as interests that are relevant to the job, are some of the requirements certain positions ask from applicants.
- References. Even Volunteer Application forms require reference people in order for employers to verify an applicant’s character with regard to work ethics and social interaction, especially if the job is done with a team.
- Reasons for applying. This section is required by employers to let them know if an applicant’s goal is in line with the company’s mission and if he or she has the desire to do the task efficiently and the right motivation to do the task as best as he or she can.