If you were looking to rent a property, whether for residential purposes or otherwise, you would need a rental application in order to apply for the place. Such an application also serves to make your intentions known to potential landlords, and allows them to evaluate you as a lodger.
On the other hand, if you wanted to make a rental application yourself, then you might benefit from using tips for a rental application. After all, there are all kinds of things you could learn in order to design such applications with ease, and develop applications more beneficial to yourself and your lodgers.
91+ Rental Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, WordPress, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Apartment Rental Applications
Blank Apartment Rental Application
Rental Credit Application for Corporate Apartment
Apartment Rental Lease Application
Commercial Rental Applications
Sample Commercial Rental Application
Why Do You Need a Rental Application?
When making a rental application in PDF, you might wonder why you would need one. In fact, there are several reasons why you might need one, among which are:
- They let you express applicants’ intentions to landlords. These documents inform the landlord that they want to rent the property.
- They let applicants work out the details of the rental. Here, they can insert important details the landlord would need to know, such as contact information, other occupants/partners, etc.
- They also let landlords evaluate the applicant. Landlords will be able to find out what applicants might have been like as lodgers or find out if they are capable of paying rents.
When Do You Need a Rental Application?
As for when you might need Word rental application templates like these, there are a number of occasions, and not all of them necessarily when you are yourself a lodger.
- When applying for residency, as you would need to fill out a form to be able to apply. You may also want your own copy so as to evaluate yourself.
- When you are a landlord, as you would need these forms in order to get yourself any lodgers.
- When you need to rent office space, as you need to be able to explain the nature of your business to a landlord.
Landlord Rental Applications
Landlord Rental Application Example
Residential Rental Application
House Rental Application
Rental Application for a Business Account
Rental Credit Application
Rental Property Credit Application
Components of a Rental Application
There are some parts of free rental applications that you cannot separate from the applications as a whole. After all, you can argue that templates like lease application templates definitely need these components in order to fulfill their duties. In any case, these components include:
- Landlord’s personal information, as this can serve a similar purpose as in a letter, being that the landlord’s name needs to be there so as to have a person to address in the application.
- Property information, as the application would need space to include details of the property in question. These details would include such things as address, so as to have a record of where the property is located.
- Applicant’s information, which might be the most central information on such an application. After all, the applicant would need to include personal information such as his name and contact information in order to introduce himself and make himself easy to get in contact with.
- Applicant’s previous address, which can be important for several reasons. One of those is that it might reveal certain details about the applicant, such as financial state, or whether he has had any connection to the landlord.
- Reasons for leaving, as this can be a factor in judging the applicant’s suitability as a lodger. If the applicant left of his own accord, that may be more favorable, whereas if he was forced to leave, that implies misconduct on the applicant’s part.
- Business information, if the applicant is applying for business reasons rather than for residential ones. In that case, it is important that the business supply necessary information such as the nature of its business, and its reasons for applying to rent the property.
- Ownership of pets, as this may be a factor in suitability for a lodger. After all, some properties and landlords prefer not to have pets out of fear of damage to the property.
Equipment Rental Applications
Equipment Rental Supplemental Application
Application for Rental Equipment Company License
Tenant Rental Application
Rental Application for Tenant Screening
Vacation Rental Applications
Short-Term Rental Permit
Rental Application for Vacation Home
Steps to Writing a Rental Application
As for actually using rental application templates to write your own applications, there are some steps that you would have to adhere to in order to make sure that your applications are made well, such as:
- Start by including the property’s address, along with the landlord’s name.
- Have a way of specifying whether the rental is for residential or commercial purposes.
- If for residential purposes, then have space for the applicant’s name, contact information, previous address, etc.
- If for business reasons, have space to include information such as the business’ name, business contacts, etc.
- Have space at the end for the applicant’s signature so that he can attest to the information above.
Mistakes to Avoid in Writing a Rental Application
When filling up an application format, you would have to give some thought as to avoiding common mistakes. After all, this can serve to make you a more attractive lodger.
- Forgetting bank statements. This can serve to weaken your position as may make landlords all the more suspicious of you. At best, it is unprofessional not to provide this.
- Not providing a rental history. Landlords need a record of what kind of lodger you are so as to be able to gauge your suitability.
- Forgetting to arrange your finances. Your finances obviously need to be in order so as to be assured of meeting your future payments, so it pays to arrange these ahead of time.
Rental Lease Application
Credit Application for Lease-Rental Agreement
Rental Property Applications
Tenant Rental Application Form
Residential Rental Property Rebate Application
Guidelines for Writing a Rental Application
When you get to either writing or filling out printable rental applications, there are some guidelines you may wish to follow so as to make the most of your application templates. In any case, there is no denying that these guidelines can make your job more convenient.
- Keep the application simple. This would make it easier for your lodgers to fill out the forms and provide only the most relevant information.
- Include space for all the details you need. You will need to receive a great deal of information to be able to make your decision, so it pays to provide that space to begin with.
- Have templates for specific rental purposes. You will likely have different criteria to judge the suitability of either residents or businesses, so it might be wise to have different templates to call on.
- Be flexible. The specifics of any given applicant would vary, so it pays to be able to adjust to those differences in the applications you make.
And if you find yourself in need of different templates, then you should still be able to find them on this site, allowing you more options on this website alone.