For a first time renter, it is vital for you to know the application process on renting property. Landlords or property managers require documents, such as a rental application or a tenancy application. A rental application works similarly with a loan application as these are requirements necessary to gain a lease agreement for tenants or a loan agreement for borrowers.
A proper and well-written rental application is needed in order to increase the chances of acquiring the lease for the property you are vying for. The following rental application in PDF formats are presented in templates that you can peruse and download.
Basic Rental Applications
Apartment Rental Application
Rental Credit Application
Application for Basic Rental Lease
Commercial Rental Application Templates
Blank Commercial Rental Application
What to Include in a Rental Application?
While looking into the rental applications, the following are components of a free rental application that should be included in your own document:
- Contact Details – Rental applications starts with securing the tenant’s information such as full legal name, social security or driver’s license number, contact number and email address.
- Residence Addresses – Aside from the contact information of the tenant, it is essential for you to know the previous and current home addresses of the potential tenant as references for follow-up on residence history.
- Work History – This section of any rental application template is used to attest that you have the capability to pay the payments required for the lease. A proof of income should be secured for you, the landlord, to check.
- Tenant Authorization – Before you can do a background check on the prospective tenant, you must first ask permission through a statement on the rental application. Some essential documents for the background may be needed coming from the tenant making it vital to secure his permission.
- Background Check – This pertains to the necessary measures of the landlord to prove the credibility of the potential tenant. A background check may involve the following forms:
- Yes or No Questions
- Credit Report of Tenant
- Criminal Record Check
House Rental Application Templates
Rental Application for Standard House
House Rental Contract
Simple House Rental Application
Lease Rental Application Templates
Lease Rental Application
Residential Lease Application
Landlord Rental Application Templates
Rental Application for Private Landlord
Free Landlord Rental Application
Divisions of Rental Applications
The following samples of rental application templates in PDF and various other formats as presented on this website for your perusal:
- Basic Rental Applications – Templates under this category presents common rental applications procured by various individuals like families and working professionals. Here is one of the templates provided:
- Apartment Rental Application – This type of rental application template is applicable to those individuals who need to secure an apartment within an urban environment. Specifications on who can apply using this application template is indicated.
- Commercial Rental Applications – These type of rental application templates is used for commercial tenancy purposes. For a startup business to commence operations, the need for a place is essential and one way is to avail of a lease of a business space with a paper like a:
- Commercial Office Rental Application – Operations of agencies or service businesses avail an office space with the procurement of this type of document.
- Lease Rental Applications – Most rental sample rental applications provided on this website involve the signing of a lease agreement at the end of the application process which involve some of the following rental application templates:
- Residential Lease Rental Applications – Templates under this category pertain to rental applications involving residential properties.
- Corporate Lease Rental Applications – Rental application templates on this division involve stakeholders like employees availing corporate benefits such as housing that requires a rental application as depicted on the application templates under this group.
- Landlord Rental Applications – Private landlords make use of these basic rental application templates as shown in the following:
- Tenant Rental Application – The rental application templates under this category comprise of basic outlines or formats of rental applications issued to prospective tenants of the landlord.
- Event Rental Applications – Rental applications within this set of rental application templates are used to rent event venues for corporate or private functions or conferences.
Property Rental Application Templates
General Application for Rental Property
Residential Rental Application Samples
Rental Application for Residential Real Estate
Tenant Rental Application Samples
Basic Tenant Rental Application
Rental Application for Prospective Tenant
Guidelines to Rental Applications
As a first time tenant, it is essential for you to take into account the following guidelines to rental applications with application templates like that range from lease application to vendor application templates you can refer to:
- Practice punctuality. Inspection on the property with the lease you are applying for entail your presence. You should be early so as not to waste the time allotted and not to disrupt the agent’s schedule.
- Establish a good impression. Show the real estate agent that you mean business by dressing and acting the part. Wear a semi to professional formal clothing. Be polite in asking questions.
- Secure references from reliable individuals. Since you don’t have a record on your rental history, you can secure references from employers, co-workers, or neighbors to support your credibility.
- Submit an exceptional rental application. You must be able to submit a well written rental application. You can make use of various printable rental application templates as your outline for the application.
- Prepare the necessary documents. There are cases wherein the agent or the landlord requires you to procure documents such as proof of income and employment or identification documents to support the authenticity of the information on your rental application. You may also have to fill out lease application templates to complete the process.
- Stay honest in providing information. It is vital to maintain truthful in whatever you say and write relevant to the rental application.
Blank Rental Application Samples
Event Rental Application
Blank Authorization Rental Application
Blank Rental Application Sample
Rental Agreement Application Templates
Monthly Rental Agreement
Agreement Application for Room Rental
Printable Rental Agreement
Pros and Cons of Submitting Rental Applications Online
Postings on rent or lease of property nowadays are not limited to the newspaper and other relevant print media. Most rent postings from landlords and real estate agents are seen on the web. It is easy to come across a rental application in PDF online, but not so easy to actually apply.
In this regard, as a tenant, here are the pros and cons of submitting such documents online:
- It is convenient for working individuals. Free application templates save a working individual time and money than submitting a print application to the agent’s office.
- A variety of rent postings can be found. When a renter searches for available rentals or residential leases, a number of results provides the information a renter needs.
- Low offers of lease in real estate is evident. Due to the competition of landlords and property managers existing on the web, prices on these leases may vary in order to attract the renter’s attention.
- You are at risk of getting scammed. It is vital to verify the authenticity of the rent postings due to the rampant online scams existing on the web.
Know that you can make use of any template on this website in order to create an effective rental application. These formats are available for you to refer to and to use when you make your rental application.