In your professional life, you may have had reason to use notice templates if you had to write notices for other people so that they could be given advance notice of something. One example would be that of adverse action notices, which inform recipients that they have been denied some benefit.
The use of adverse action notices can take some explaining, but in summary, they are notice letters that inform recipients that, because of something in their history, they have been denied some kind of benefit. Hence, if you had to write such a document, you might want the help of these templates.
Landlord Adverse Action
Tenant Adverse Action
How to Write a Sample Adverse Action Notice
As with other kinds of notice templates, such as eviction notice templates, there are some steps to consider when making your own adverse action notices, such as:
- State if the application was denied or not, or if there is some other kind of penalty, such as termination of employment.
- If the application was denied, state where the information leading to the decision was obtained from.
- Then state that the applicant has the right to receive a free copy of the report, and provide the investigator’s contact information.
What is an Adverse Action Notice?
While adverse action notices have been briefly explained, some of their characteristics can be explored in more detail:
- They are like notice period letters in that recipients must be informed that such action is being taken against them.
- Like a privacy notice template, recipients must be informed of the body that compiled the report and its contact information, so as to give them a chance to explain the findings.
- They can apply to various applications, such as employment, loans, credit, etc.
- Recipients can be served such actions for such things as criminal records and bad credit or consumer histories.
Employer Adverse Action
Example of Adverse Action
Business Adverse Action
Tips for Writing Adverse Action Notices
As with other kinds of notices like two weeks notice letters, there are some other tips that can affect how effective your notices are. It may be wise to take advantage of these tips, as they can help you with how you use your templates. After all, these tips could easily apply to other templates, like notice to vacate templates, getting you more use out of your templates.
- Make sure that you include all the details, like specifying which organization compiled the applicant’s report. These details are required by law, hence you should be especially careful with them.
- You can use these notices for various purposes, such as employment or loan applications. So if you need different kinds of notices, be sure to download a suitable one.
- Make sure that the applicant’s rights are stated in the notice, so as to give them fair warning of what their options are.
- Be clear and specific as to what you want to say in your notice, so that both parties can more easily understand one another’s perspectives.
It should be noted that these are hardly the only templates available on this site. If you need other kinds of templates, they are readily available elsewhere on the website.