A notice to proceed is a legal document that serves as a go signal for a specified project or any contractual obligation to commence. In the business world, contracts and notices are used so that the adverse effects of risks are mitigated. It also serves as a way of foregrounding the personal and proprietary rights of the parties with respect to a certain transaction.
To give you more ideas on how a notice to proceed is applied and written, we have notice to proceed templates that you may check out and download. Moreover, these templates can be your reference in writing this particular document.
Request for Notice
Notice of Intent
Why are Notices to Proceed Relevant?
The fundamental purpose of a notice to proceed is to protect both the interests of the owner of the property and the contractor or any specified agent. Here are some reasons why you should you should execute a notice to proceed.
- To avoid wastage of resources and time. In a construction project, the contractor and the owner of the property must extensively discuss the dynamics and terms of the project. In order to avoid misunderstandings and conflict, a contracting party must not unilaterally execute the contract without receiving first the notice to proceed. This is to ensure that parties are able to set clear expectations and terms.
- To establish sound relationships. In a contractual relationship, mutual trust and confidence is needed. As you may observe in most notice letter templates, the thrust of the letter is to clarify that both parties are on the same page.
And lastly, the notice upholds and protects the contractual and proprietary rights of the parties. These are some of the reasons why contractors or project executors and agents should wait for the formal confirmation coming from the owner before starting the project.
Example of Notice to Proceed
Free Notice to Proceed
Project Notice to Proceed
Inclusions of a Notice to Proceed
A notice to proceed are usually use to implement and enforce construction contracts. Here are some of its salient features that must be included in your notice.
- Include the specific date for the commencement of the construction work. For a construction contract to fully proceed, the date that the contractor can begin their work must be emphasized. In a contract or agreement, the dates are essential unless otherwise provided by its stipulations. In a notice of meeting templates, the recipients are keen on checking the dates.
- Cite the basic details of the contracting parties. The parties to this legal document are mostly companies, corporations, and other juridical entities. You have to include the legal titles or full names of the parties.
- Mention the type of service needed. The type of service to be executed must be concretely defined. Bear in mind that the nature of the service affects the overall performance of the parties’ obligations pursuant to their agreements.
- Indicate the expected schedule for the completion of the work. In a project, the agreed date of completion by the contracting parties are binding and thus must be complied with in good faith.
- State acceptance of the notice clause. the other party must also acknowledge his or her receipt of the notice for the it to be validly executed. And lastly, the signatures of the parties must be duly indicated.