A cover page is the first page that you are to see in a document. It commonly has the title of the entire document and may add a few information depending on where it is used. You may view our Cover Page Template samples and download it, should you be needing a cover page in the specific project that you are currently doing.
100,000+ Ready-Made Designs, Docs & Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote.
A cover page is also known as a title page, well, for the reason very reason that it also displays the document’s title. It gives an impact to whoever will read the document on what it is all about or what should they expect once they start browsing the pages of a book, a project, or a compilation of writings in different variations.
Report Cover Page Template in Microsoft Word
Lab Cover Page Template in Word
Laboratory Report Cover Page
Cover Page versus Cover Letter
Some people think that a cover page is the same as a cover letter. They may have the same first word, but their functions are entirely different.
A cover page is used as the primary or front most page that holds the title and important details that a writer wants to put in a specific document or writing.
On the other hand, a cover letter is a document used for job applications which shows the intent of an applicant to be a part of the company where he or she is applying. It is attached together with an applicant’s resume and usually contain the skills and professional experiences of the applicant, which will benefit his or her target employer.
Significance of an Appropriately Made Cover Page
A cover page serves as an implication of what the entire document is all about. It draws the attention of the readers. A well-curated cover page lets the common public know that the design being used in its creation is intended for a specific set of readers. It allows them to already decide whether they are a part of that target group and whether they would be of interest to what the document is all about.
Aside from cover pages, you can download the Report Cover Template and Cover Template samples from our website.
Fax Cover Page Template
Project Proposal Cover Page
Proposal Cover Page
Cover Page Template
Example Project Plan CoverPage
Cover Page for Preliminary Project Proposal
Standard Cover Page Template
A Cover Page Format
Since a cover page is used in various purposes, it may also vary in terms of formatting. A few uses of a cover page can be seen on the following:
- Academic researches and other purposes
- Books and other literary pieces
- Formal documents
Now, the format will depend on how you are supposed to present a document.
- If it will be used in the field of education, professors usually provide a format already for the uniformity of all the academic documents to be passed. The details, font size per detail, and how it should look like is most likely to be specified.
- For books and other kinds of literature, you can actually veer away from the normal black-and-white cover page. You may use your creativity and add items and design materials that would make your cover page more interesting.
- For formal documents, strict implementations on the professional look of your cover page must be followed. The format and overall look of a cover page may vary depending on the company you work at.
A cover page is truly an essential part of any document. Aside from our available cover pages for download, you may also take a look at our Binder Cover samples.