While banners are used for traditional advertising in the early days, they are now used as information materials for various purposes in different occasions. By definition, a banner can be a flag or other piece of cloth bearing a symbol, logo, slogan, or other message and is used to represent a group, a mission, or product.
Baby Shower Vintage Banner
Vintage Festive Banner
Vintage Bridal Shower Banner
Vintage Rose Banner
Vintage Halloween Banner
Different Uses of Banners
From the early civilization periods, banners are used in different purposes, while nowadays, they can be used in anything such as birthday decorations. Its main uses are discussed below.
- Heraldry. You may notice the heraldic banner, also called the banner of arms, in houses of authorities, or national buildings as they usually depict the logo and slogan of the nation, government, or organization using it as a sign of proprietorship or territory.
- Religious practices. Banners have been mainly used in religion to decorate the walls and pillars of churches and other places of worship as well as during processions to recreate the sacred place and used to identify the type of religion they are representing.
- Trade unions. In the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, trade union banners were unfurled with pride as members marches on the street, which later became one of the most prominent annual celebrations in some countries.
- Sports. Banners are made by sports fans in order to display on grandstands and hung from the rafters of stadiums in order to show support to their favorite teams. Team banners typically contain the logo, name or nickname, motto, and the team colors.
- Advertising. To market their products to potential customers, businesses use banners in various sizes that contain enticing information about the product or service. In the advent of the Internet, banner ads became popular as a form of advertisement.
Check out other compilations of Banner Templates available on the website for more ideas.
Merry Christmas Vintage Banner
DIY Vintage Banner
Vintage Scroll Banner
Personalized Vintage Banner
Why Use Vintage Banners
While there are many banner styles available and you can choose from, there are some qualities that vintage banners have, which make them irresistible and impossible not to use.
- It evokes nostalgia. Vintage banner evokes nostalgic feelings as this is the decade you were a child and began to discover the world around you. That is why many products use vintage elements to tap the nostalgic references from their prospective market.
- It is classic and timeless. The vintage look gives designs a sense of timelessness and classic feel to your designs. With its raw and organic nature, it provides more options in designing stuff associated with objects from the past.
- It can be elaborate without looking overdecorated. With its old and aged effects, you can add more interesting and elaborate aspects in your design. It allows you to experiment and be more crafty to create some cool and edgy masterpieces.
- It gives you more freedom to express. You usually get a uniform and rigid designs, but with the vintage look, you can get both strong and subtle elements in one, which eliminates the restrictions you have.
For more banner ideas, don’t forget to see the Advertising Banners available on the site.