A newspaper can be considered as one of the most important elements in our daily lives. Every morning as we enjoy a cup of hot coffee or tea at the breakfast table, we read about the latest national and international political events, business and finance, and sports and entertainment. You may also see Sample Newspaper Templates.
A lot of the stories that you read in the newspaper play an important role that potentially affects our day to day lives because it provides the readers with timely information. Thus, a newspaper is a crucial tool that allows the reader to connect with the current happenings around the world. Here we provide you with great newspaper templates if you’re thinking of distributing newspaper-type memorabilia, invitations, and even as company newsletters, as well as newspapers you could distribute among your peers.
Political Newspaper Template
Financial Newspaper Template
Religious Newspaper Template
Health Newspaper Template
Food and Health Newspaper Template
Real Estate Newspaper Template
Interior Design Newspaper Template
Automobile Newspaper Template
Art and Culture Newspaper Template
Printable Blank Newspaper Templates
Blank Front Page Newspaper Template
Editable Blank Newspaper Template
Printable Newspaper Layout Templates
Newspaper Article Layout Template
Newspaper Layout Design Template
Old Newspaper Layout Template
Printable Birthday Newspaper Templates
Superhero Birthday Newspaper Template
Birthday Card Newspaper Template
Happy Birthday Wishes Newspaper Template
Printable Classroom Newspaper Templates
Elementary Classroom Newspaper Template
Classroom Management Newspaper Template
Classroom Border Newspaper Template
Printable High School Newspaper Templates
High School Digital Newspaper Template
High School Graduation Newspaper Template
What Is a Newspaper?
Wikipedia defines newspaper as a serial publication that covers a wide range of topics, such as the latest national and international news about politics, economy, crime, business, finance, sports, weather, as well as games and entertainment, like crossword puzzles, word search, comic strip, and horoscopes.
To make the story even more interesting to the readers, newspapers also employ the use of photographs that are relevant to the story. They also feature opinion sections called editorials that are usually written by the journalists who work for the newspaper. Although anyone can buy a newspaper at any newsstand, many people find it more convenient if they are delivered to their respective doorsteps first thing in the morning.
History of Newspaper
Did you know that the publication of the newspaper can be dated back some hundreds of years ago?
- Although it is not considered as a “paper,” ancient Rome used to carved government announcements in metals or stones and posted them in public places.
- In the second and third centuries, the Chinese government in the Han Dynasty used news sheets known as Dibao and were distributed among the court officials only.
- During the reign of the Tang Dynasty, the Kaiyuan Za Bao, or the “Bulletin of the Court,” produced and circulated government news, which was handwritten on silk and was only distributed exclusively among the government officials.
- It was during the Ming Dynasty that exclusively published news sheets were used in Beijing.
- The increasing need for information in early modern Europe was resolved by a short and concise handwritten news sheet known as the avvisi. The avvisi were used to quickly provide vital information on the economy, politics, and military to Italian cities. However, it was not considered as a newspaper, and it was not intended for ordinary people.
Over the passing years, newspapers have undergone a lot of modifications, and its biggest development was the use of the printing press to print stories on newsprint.
- In the late 1400s, Germany was considered to be the first printed heralds of newspapers. These newspapers were produced in the form of news pamphlets featuring exaggerated content.
- The London Gazette of 1666 was considered to be the first true newspaper in the English countryside.
- Publick Occurrences was the first-ever newspaper to appear in the United States of America was in Boston in 1690. However, the publication of the said newspaper did not come with an authority that’s why its publication was halted and its publisher was arrested.
- The Boston News-Letter was considered to be the first successful newspaper in America. A postmaster named John Campbell started its publication in 1704.
The increased number of newspaper production made it affordable for the general public. As a result, people can increase their public awareness of current events. Do not forget to check out this awesome selection of newspaper mock-ups for more ideas on your office newsletters.
Printable Retro Newspaper Templates
Indesign Retro Newspaper Template
Retro Newspaper Website Template
Retro Multipurpose Newspaper Template
Printable Student Newspaper Templates
Student Weekly Newspaper Template
Student Business Newspaper Template
Printable Sports Newspaper Templates
Sports Media Newspaper Template
Sports Newspaper Headline Template
Sports Page Newspaper Template
Printable A4 Newspaper Templates
Printable A4 Newspaper Template
Customized A4 Newspaper Template
Printable Digital Newspaper Templates
Digital Scrapbook Newspaper Template
Digital Journal Newspaper Template
Digital Marketing Newspaper Template
The Major Benefits of a Newspaper
Although you can watch the television if you want to be in the loop for the latest local and international event, it still cannot beat the five major benefits one can enjoy by reading a newspaper.
- It is still considered as the best source of information by giving complete and comprehensive information that is sometimes not available on other media sources. Although we love watching the current news on the TV, sadly, some television stations are lacking news reporters to provide their audience with full-scale reports.
- Unlike the wealthy television anchors and personalities, newspaper reporters are more able to connect and relate to the general public. This is because newspaper reporters can go to public places while researching about the incident. They can understand and personally experience the situation at hand.
- People can increase their world background knowledge and vocabulary through reading.
- While a lot of television news programs pay more attention to high-profile events, the newspaper provides comprehensive reports on both minor and major stories.
- The newspaper has something to offer for everybody. Since a newspaper covers a wide range of topics, you can learn vital information based on the topic you are interested in. Let us take, for example, if you are a businessman, you can look into its business and finance section and learn about the current monetary exchange or the stock market daily.
The Newspaper and Modern Technology
Over the years, the automated production of the newspaper has greatly helped meet the demands of the general public. What’s great with modern technology is that you do not have to stress yourself if you are planning on writing your newspaper—whether it is for community, school, or work purposes. All you need to do is to look to our website and find printable modern newspaper layouts of your choice. You can also try out these printable newsletter templates for more options. If you are lucky enough, you can download whatever that interests you for free.
Printable Advertising Newspaper Templates
Advertising Newspaper Contract Template
Advertising Newspaper Agreement Template
Advertising Newspaper Proposal Template
Printable Newspaper Cover Template
Newspaper Back Cover Templates
Newspaper Reporter Cover Template
Newspaper Writer Cover Template
Printable Newspaper Magazine Template
Newspaper Portal Magazine Templates
Newspaper Fashion Magazine Template
Newspaper Presentation Magazine Template
Printable Newspaper Poster Templates
Grunge Newspaper Poster Template
Newspaper Wanted Poster Template
Newspaper Club Poster Template
Printable Newspaper Report Templates
Newspaper Book Report Template
Newspaper Weather Report Template
How to Write a News Article
Before writing an article, it is important to always keep in mind to be responsible in providing your readers with accurate and comprehensive news and not to distort the information for some personal motives. Newspapers with distorted information can potentially cause animosity and discordance among the readers. To guide you in writing a credible and exhaustive news article, we have rounded up this list of quick tips to keep in mind in producing a quality news story.
Write about Pertinent Information
The first thing to remember when writing a news article is to tell your readers all the important and pertinent information in a limited word count. You do not have to write an article with thousands of words just to impress your readers. A lot of times, long news articles can be boring to read, so just keep it sweet and short, and go directly to the point in a concise way. Avoid using a lot of heavily explanatory words.
Plan Your Article
Planning what to write is a long process. Once you have a topic that is worth reporting, you have to do thorough research about it. You have to have in-depth knowledge of the topic to write a credible and well-written article. After getting enough information, you need to compile the facts by organizing them into three groups: important facts, interesting but not vital facts, and related but not significant to your objective. This will help you avoid excluding facts that are connected to your topic.
After gathering the facts, proceed to outline. Expert journalists recommend tailoring your outline like an inverted triangle to make sure that the most vital information of your article is at the top.
Make the Lead Stand Out
when writing your news article, it is crucial to start with the lead, as this will help catch the attention of the readers. The lead should be followed by important details about your topic. This is the part of the article where the readers learn about the vital details. Do not forget to add supplementary details so that it will be easier for you to transition as you move along to another information.
After you have included all the pertinent information and completed the article, make sure to give it a concluding sentence. Also, do not forget to write your article in a third-person point of view. Avoid using I or me, not unless you are writing in the editorial or opinion section. It is also essential to write your report in an active voice, as it can be easily understood and has more impact on your target audience. Get some ideas and inspiration from this brilliant collection of newspaper templates.
Proofread Your Article
When we speak of proofread, it does not stop checking for grammatical or spelling errors. You need to also check the facts, such as the names of the person involved, the location where the incident happened, as well as the date. Any incorrect information can potentially discredit your news report and can negatively affect your integrity as a writer.
It is also important to take note and follow the prescribed AP style for your resources and citations. Finally, have your article checked by your editor for final proofing. The editor does not only eliminate unnoticed errors but can also carve out unnecessary sections and awkward words and sentences found in your article.
1. What is a Newspaper?
A newspaper is a set of folded printed sheets that contain information related to the news involving politics, weather, sport, television actors, crime stories, and other information. It is a serial publication that is usually published every day.
2. What Information Does a Newspaper Contain?
A newspaper carries news about current events, politics, business, economy, trade, entertainment, sports, and art. It also includes sections for opinion columns, comics, puzzles, and weather forecasts.
3. What are the Benefits of a Newspaper?
Following are the benefits of a newspaper:
- It carried the news of the world
- It provides information and general knowledge
- It provides news about a country’s economic situation
- It keeps readers well-informed about the world’s current events.
4. What is the Difference Between a Tabloid and a Broadsheet Newspaper?
A tabloid newspaper is smaller in size when compared to a standard newspaper, and it covers topics relating to sport, television actors, and crime stories. A broadsheet is a full-sized newspaper that covers major news stories.
5. What Are Some Popular Newspapers?
Following are some of the popular newspapers:
- The New York Times
- The Guardian
- The Washington Post
- Financial Times
- The Hindu
- The Daily Telegraph
- Los Angeles Times, etc.