A bartender is an employee of a company working for the food and beverage department. Bartenders play a vital role in achieving customer satisfaction with regards to bar operations and processes. It is very important to hire bartenders who are aware of the environment where they work and the things that they need to provide to give sales to the business.
We can provide you with bartender job description templates, should you want to enter the field of food and beverage industry as a bartender. Other than that, we can also give you samples of job description templates for other job functions and professional positions.
Bartender Manager Job Description Template
Free Supervisor Job Description Template
Catering Bartender Job Description Template
Bartender/Server Job Description
Work Functions of a Bartender
A few of the work functions of a bartender are as follows:
- Mix drinks and prepare cocktails and other beverages to be consumed by the client of the bar.
- Create rapport and a professional relationship with the clients of the business. It is very important for customers to feel at ease as this may translate to more bar sales.
- Great people who are to go to the bar area may it be for the purpose of ordering a drink or asking for a favor that the bartender may do for them.
- Assure that the beverage orders of the guests are noted accurately and mixed or prepared appropriately at the fastest possible time.
- Market the other bar products of the business and make suggestions of the products in the menu list that the customer may like to try.
Administrative Duties of a Bartender
Other than manning the bar and taking and preparing the orders of customers, here are some administrative duties that a bartender needs to do:
- Assure that the cash register report is accurate compared to the order list of the products being purchased.
- Maintain a record of paperwork with regards to the items being purchased by customers.
- Assure that the ingredients checklist is up to date so all the products that the company offers may be made should a customer order for a particular drink or food item.
- Create a list of items that are needed to be refilled, replaced, or bought, especially those that are needed in the daily operations of the bar.
Aside from our bartender job description templates, our Waiter Job Description samples are also available for download.
General Bartender Job Description
Part-time Bartender Job Description
Standard Bartender Job Description
Head Bartender Job Description
Can I Be a Bartender?
If you want to make a bartender post your professional undertaking, here are a few skills and other qualifications that you need to have:
- Knowledge on the different systems and processes used in bartending
- Familiarity with different kinds of drinks and other bar items
- Ability to use bartending technical skills in creating and mixing drinks
- Knowledge on the tools and materials used in bartending practices
- Ability to communicate well with guests and provide great customer service
- Willingness to work on different schedules and during weekends and holidays
Aside from our bartender job description templates, you may also browse through our downloadable Busser Job Description samples.