It is very important for all establishments that the areas and spaces where they do business are clean and hygienic not only for the purpose of presenting themselves well but also for the safety of their clients. There are many diseases that are acquired through infections and bacteria which is the reason why companies need to assure their clients that they are observing hygienic measures during operations.
A porter helps the company in achieving this mission to provide the clients the assurance that they are in an environment that is well maintained. They have different job functions depending on the company where they are currently working, but porters, collectively, help in cleaning different facilities. Aside from our porter job description, you may also download other job description samples for different work functions in various fields.
Day Porter Job Description Template
Hospital Porter Job Description Template
Night Porter Job Description Sample
1. Hospital Porters
Porters may work in different establishments that need the kind of services that they can provide. An example of the business industry where they are most needed is the hospital. They are hired in hospitals for the primary purpose of helping the establishment deliver the highest standards of hygiene and cleaning processes. A few of the job functions of porters working in a hospital setting are as follows: You may also see Hr Manager Job Description
- Assure that all the facilities of the hospital are well maintained and is available to be used by patients
- Clear all the hospital areas from waste and other clutter
- Assist in the positioning of items needed in different rooms and offices in the hospital
- Make sure that all the cleaning requirements of the hospital are achieved and that all places in the vicinity of the hospital are actually appropriate to be used for specific hospital procedures
- Assure that standard of cleaning and maintenance work are achieved and well implemented
Porters also need a supervisor for the division where they are assigned. It enables them to be aligned with the standard processes of the services that they need to provide and is expected of them to achieve. You may look at our
Supervisor Job Description and see if you can handle the position may it be as a head of the porters of a specific establishment or at any other jobs where you wish to be a supervisor.
Service Porter Job Description
Management Porter Job Description
Kitchen Porter Job Description
Porter Maintenance Job Description
Event Services Porter Job Description
Housekeeper-Porter Job Description
Lodge Porter Job Description
Serviced Apartments and Residences Porter
If a part of the offerings of an apartment or any kind of residences is the cleaning services that they can provide for their clients, then a porter is most likely to do the job. A porter in this field of work is tasked to do the following: You may also see Job Description Examples.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the apartment building and make sure that common areas of the residences are clutter free so it can be used anytime
- Help in cleaning the rooms of the people living in the residences which may vary depending on the cleaning and maintenance terms agreed upon by the client and the residences
- Check if all items in different areas are maintained and can still be used. Otherwise, also be responsible for proper reporting for replacement processes
- Perform preventive maintenance to assure the longevity of the usage of different items in the apartment areas
There are still many industries and fields where a porter may work for which includes events, hotels, tourism establishments, restaurants, service industries, and such. Remember that most of the job functions of porters are almost the same so maintaining the technical skills needed for the job is very important. Other than our porter job description, you may also download our Server Job Description and learn a thing or two from it.