In every company, organization, or any kind of gathering, a meeting is an important way for a group of people to share experiences, gather information, to resolve issues, and to plan for future actions. It is one way for a company or an organization to grow
- by realizing their weak points and working them out and
- by planning for the future of the company/organization.
And for them to be able to keep a record of the topics discussed during the previous meeting, they have to write down meeting minutes, which is usually done by the secretary. This way, they will be reminded of the decisions made and the activities planned during the meeting. These minutes will also be read on the next meeting to determine if those planned activities were actually accomplished and if those decisions made were beneficial to them.
To save you the hassle, we have Meeting Minutes Templates here on our website that you can use.
Informal Board Meeting Minutes Template
Informal Team Meeting Minutes Template
Informal Staff Meeting Minutes Template
Informal Annual Meeting Minutes Template
Informal Management Meeting Minutes Template
What Is the Importance of Meeting Minutes?
- Since the minutes will include the list of attendees, the people will make sure to be present for the meeting.
- It will serve as a reminder for the topics that were discussed during the previous meeting.
- The minutes will provide information to those who were not able to make it during the last meeting.
- There will be a higher chance that the actions being planned will be carried out because the participants are already focused on the things that need to be done.
Some people use the usual pen and paper when taking down minutes, and some use their laptops and just have it printed for hard copies, but if you wish to have the meeting tape recorded, then you should first ask for approval from the presider and the other attendees.
What needs to be included in the minutes of the meeting?
- The reason for the meeting.
- The time the meeting was called to order.
- The list of participants present.
- Corrections to the previous minutes.
- If none, indicate the person who moved to approve the previous minutes.
- Reports made by designated members.
- Activities planned and decisions made.
- Some unfinished businesses.
- The time the meeting was adjourned.
Informal Project Meeting Minutes Template
Informal Department Meeting Minutes Template
Basketball Executive Informal Meeting Minutes
Informal Safety Meeting Minutes Template
Informal Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes Template
Tips on How to Write Meeting Minutes
- When confused or in doubt, don’t hesitate to ask for clarifications.
- Make a format that you’re comfortable with, you may even make use of templates that are found on the Internet.
- Make use of headings.
- Use the past tense when writing your minutes.
- Never forget to proofread your minutes.
Now save yourself the hassle and make use of our templates. These can be accessed and downloaded easily and for free. You may choose to download these in high-resolution PDF format to assure you of clear and legible prints, or if you prefer using Microsoft Word or Apache Open Office, you may also download these in fully editable Docx formats to give you room to make the necessary changes that fit your preferences.
Conducting school meetings and looking for templates that you can use? You may also check out our collection of School Meeting Minutes Template.