Minutes of a meeting can be defined as a short note on what has been discussed and decided in a meeting that had happened at the workplace. The purpose of using a meeting minutes is solely based on to record what actions have been assigned to whom, if any issues have been resolved, alongside mentioning all the achievements and deadlines, if any. To make your work easier, we have just the right files for you. Keep scrolling!
12+ Meeting Minute Templates In Google Docs
First Shareholder Meeting Minutes Template
In the first meeting of shareholders, electing officers and directors would likely take place. Moreover, handing out the responsibilities and discussion of the first project will follow. In times like this, the minutes are very important. So if you are looking for a template that best suits the gathering, then we have just the thing for you! Take a peek at our first shareholder meeting minutes template in Word that is mentioned above. Add your details in it, edit and customize to fill your data in it. Download it now!
Annual Corporate Meeting Minutes Template
Document your corporation’s annual meeting easily, accurately, and in an organized manner. You can make use of this annual corporate meeting minutes template, which can be of great help to you in making the right minute meeting which would be of great use to you. This template aims to give you convenience in taking down the important detail of the annual meeting. It includes original, suggestive, and standardized headings and content to guide you from gathering attendees’ names to listing down important details of the meeting’s agenda. Check it out now!
Advisory Board Meeting Minutes Template
Simple Meeting Minutes Template
Tips for Making a Meeting Minutes:
Here are a few tips you can use to make the best meeting minutes for your organization:
- Always check to see if you have missed any points that were talked about
- Be alert, which means you have to carefully listen to everything that is being said
- Go through the document at least twice to ensure that everything is there
- Proofread and edit your work as needed
- Check for grammatical errors
- Make sure that you use understandable language
Although you already managed to learn about the basic elements of a meeting minutes and how to make one, you must now learn about the different types that you can make. Take a look at the weekly meeting minutes as well. Know that different types mean that each of them serves to hold information for different types of meetings. You can use these tips to make the right meeting minutes you need.
Types of Meeting Minutes:
Knowing what they are should give you an idea as to which one you should create that is appropriate for the current meeting that is being held. So knowing that, here are a few examples:
If you would like to learn about the other types of meeting minutes that you can make, or if you want to learn about other documents besides meeting minutes, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you are able to acquire all of the information that you need.
Professional Meeting Minutes Template
Sample Minutes of Meeting Template
Elements of a Meeting Minutes
Here are the basic elements that just about every meeting minutes will require:
- Heading: It is here where you are going to have to provide the name of the group or organization that is in charge of holding the meeting, the location in which the meeting is held, and the time and date in which it started.
- Attendees: This is where you are going to have to make a list of the number of people that have attended. Not only that, but it’s here where you will also need to point out information such as who was not able to attend the meeting and the number of people that will require a copy of the minutes.
- Approval Minutes: It is here where you point out whether the minutes from the previous meeting are approved. It is here where you will need to provide information regarding whether there are any pieces of information that need to be changed or and any outstanding actions and responsibilities that have been agreed upon.
- Action Items: This would be an unfinished business that was left from the previous meeting and if the matter is approved for discussion in the current one. You will have to provide a detailed report of everything that took place in the meeting and any decision that has been reached.
- Announcements: Here is where you point out the agenda for the next meeting and state the reasons for those that were unable to attend the current one.
- Next meeting: Provide information on where the next meeting is going to be held.
- Signature Line: Those people who are tasked with the responsibility of creating the formal meeting minutes will need to provide their complete name, signature, and the date in which the document was created. Certain meeting minutes will require additional names and signatures and it usually depends on the importance or scope of the meeting.
Should the time come where you are given the task of coming up with the meeting minutes, then you will need to make sure that you do not forget to include the basic elements. The purpose of them being present in the meeting minutes document is to provide a detailed account of everything that took place within a particular formal business meeting.
Safety Meeting Minutes Template
Committee Meeting Minutes Template
Construction Meeting Minutes Template
School Meeting Minutes Format
Making a Meeting Minutes in Google Docs:
Now that you have managed to learn about the basic elements of a meeting minutes, the next thing that you are going to have to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. Knowing the basic elements isn’t enough as you have to be sure that you provide it with all of the important information that it will require and the only way to do that is if you know exactly how to make it.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper meeting minutes document in Google Docs:
I. Learn How to Access Google Docs:
The first thing that you will need to do when making a meeting minutes document in Google Docs is to learn how to access Google Docs first. Take a look at the annual board meeting minutes. You can do this immediately as setting up an account is quick and easy. Once you have one, be sure to do the following :
- Access your Gmail account.
- Click on the “Docs” option.
- Select if you would like to use a template or if you would like to start making the document from scratch.
As you can see, the process is simple. If you like, you can also use the same process to help you come up with other types of documents as well.
II. Make Your Meeting Minutes:
Here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Take note of everyone that should be a part of the meeting: One of the most important things that you need to look into when it comes to meetings is attendance. So you will need to point out the names of those that are and are not present in the current meeting. Make sure to put in their complete names.
- Pay close to attention to everything that takes place: If you want to guarantee that the minutes have all of the information that it needs on the current business meeting, then you are going to have to pay close to attention to everything that’s being discussed. Take note of the topics discussed, the issues that surfaced, the proposed solutions and much more.
- Do not forget to include your basic information: Remember that those who will be going through the simple minutes meeting will want to know exactly who is responsible for its creation. So just put in your complete name and signature so that there won’t be any questions regarding the creator’s identity.
Whether you decide to make use of a template or a blank document, you are still going to have to make sure that the meeting minutes has everything it needs in order to serve its purpose.
Board Meeting Minutes Template
Project Meeting Minutes Template
Church Meeting Minutes Template
With the help of the templates that are mentioned in this article, you can make the best-needed minutes of meeting anytime, anywhere. Another added advantage of using these templates is the fact that the templates in this article can be downloaded on any electronic device with ease. You can now save plenty of time and effort as you do not have to create a minute meeting from scratch.
You can also be sure that you would not miss any important information with the help of using these templates. The process of using these templates is very simple. Pick the template you like best and edit it with the details you want to add, and you are good to go. Take a look at the school meeting minutes templates that are available online for more.
Remember, that the document you make must have all the details necessary to serve its purpose. The notes you take down are what everyone will understand of the meeting that happened. The language you use must be understandable so that people who might have missed the meeting know what choices have been made and what decisions have been taken for the welfare of the company, and the employees who work for it.
Meeting Minute FAQs
1. Define Minutes of Meeting.
Meeting minutes are the detailed notes that serve as an official written record of the meeting. The person in charge of the gathering usually asks a participant to take down all the important points discussed. This helps in finding out what to do before, during and after the meeting to ensure effective decisions.
2. How can you cover everything in Meeting Minutes?
If you think that it is too difficult for you to cover the meeting alone, then you can always ask someone to provide you with assistance. Pay close attention to everything that is happening. Make sure that you do not miss any essential details and you are good to go.
3. What should Meeting Minutes include?
A meeting minutes document include the following:
- The name of the participants in the meeting
- Calendar and due dates
- Actions or tasks decided upon
- Decisions made by all the participants
- Record what is most important, and if there are any changes made
- Mention all the decisions taken for the future of the company.
4. How do you make the best Meeting Minutes?
You can note down all the important information that needs to be mentioned in the meeting so that those who missed the meeting also know what needs to be done and what decisions were taken in the best interest of everyone, even though it is time-consuming.
5. How can one easily make a Meeting Minutes?
You can make a minute meeting by using a printable template. The only thing that you have to do is to open it and change whatever information is placed into the dummy text into the text you want. You can also do it manually by taking down notes of all the important decisions taken.