10+ Meeting Minute Templates in Google Docs
There are certain formal meetings wherein a particular attendee will need to take note of everything that takes place in it. This includes things such as the number of people that have attended, what is being discussed, if anything was resolved, etc..
Should that be the case, then the person in charge of taking down all of the information will need to be able to come up with a meeting minutes. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to properly come up with one.
Elements of a Meeting Minutes
Should the time come where you are given the task of coming up with the meeting minutes, then you will need to make sure that you do not forget to include the basic elements. The purpose of them being present in the meeting minutes document is to provide a detailed account of everything that took place within a particular formal business meeting.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that just about every meeting minutes will require:
1. Heading: It is here where you are going to have to provide the name of the group or organization that is in charge of holding the meeting, the location in which the meeting is held, and the time and date in which it started.
2. Attendees: This is where you are going to have to make a list of the number of people that have attended. Not only that, but it’s here where you will also need to point out information such as who was not able to attend the meeting and the number of people that will require a copy of the minutes.
3. Approval Minutes: It is here where you point out whether the minutes from the previous meeting is approved. It is here where you will need to provide information regarding whether there are any pieces of information that needs to be changed or and any outstanding actions and responsibilities that have been agreed upon.
4. Action Items: This would be an unfinished business that was left from the previous meeting and if the matter is approved for discussion in the current one. This will also point out anything discussed in the current meeting that may require immediate attention. You will have to provide a detailed report of everything that took place in the meeting and any decision that has been reached. Include the names of any other individuals, third parties, or organizations if there is a need to clarify a particular item in this section.
5. Announcements: Here is where you point out the agenda for the next meeting and state the reasons for those that were unable to attend the current one.
6. Next meeting: Provide information on where the next meeting is going to be held.
7. Signature Line: Those people who are tasked with the responsibility of creating the formal meeting minutes will need to provide their complete name, signature, and the date in which the document was created. Certain meeting minutes will require additional names and signatures and it usually depends on the important or scope of the meeting.
10+ Meeting Minute Templates in Google Docs
Simple Meeting Minutes Template
Professional Meeting Minutes Template
Sample Minutes of Meeting Template
Safety Meeting Minutes Template
Committee Meeting Minutes Template
Construction Meeting Minutes Template
School Meeting Minutes Format
Board Meeting Minutes Template
Project Meeting Minutes Template
Church Meeting Minutes Template
How to Make a Meeting Minutes in Google Docs
Now that you have managed to learn about the basic elements of a meeting minutes, the next thing that you are going to have to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. Knowing the basic elements isn’t enough as you have to be sure that you provide it with all of the important information that it will require and the only way to do that is if you know exactly how to make it.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper meeting minutes document in Google Docs:
I. Learn How to Access Google Docs: The first thing that you will need to do when making a meeting minutes document in Google Docs is to learn how to access Google Docs first. What this means is that you are going to have to come up with a Gmail account. You can do this immediately as setting up an account is quick and easy. Once you have one, be sure to do the following :
1. Access your Gmail account.
2. Click on the “Docs” option.
3. Select if you would like to use a template or if you would like to start making the document from scratch.
As you can see, the process is simple. If you like, you can also use the same process to help you come up with other types of documents as well.
II. Make Your Meeting Minutes: Whether you decide to make use of a template or a blank document, you are still going to have to make sure that the meeting minutes has everything it needs in order to serve its purpose. So here are the things that you are going to have to do:
1. Take note of everyone that should be a part of the meeting: One of the most important things that you need to look into when it comes to meetings is attendance. So you will need to point out the names of those that are and are not present in the current meeting. Make sure to put in their complete names.
2. Pay close to attention to everything that takes place: If you want to guarantee that the minutes have all of the information that it needs on the current meeting, then you are going to have to pay close to attention to everything that’s being discussed. Take note of the topics discussed, the issues that surfaced, the proposed solutions and much more.
3. Do not forget to include your basic information: Remember that those who will be going through the minutes will want to know exactly who is responsible for its creation. So just put in your complete name and signature so that there won’t be any questions regarding the creator’s identity.
Tips for Making a Meeting Minutes
1. Always check to see if there is anything missing: The last thing that you want to do is to submit a meeting minutes that lacks important information. If you want to avoid that from happening, then that means you will need to check and see if there are any corrections that need to be made or if there are any pieces of information that you lack and have to fill in. It is best that you go through the document at least twice to ensure that you don’t miss out on anything important.
2. Proofread and edit your work: Before you finalize your detailed meeting minutes, you are going to have to see if there aren’t any spelling or grammar errors. This means that you will need to proofread and edit the document to guarantee that you are able to submit a well-made meeting minutes document.
Types of Meeting Minutes
Although you already managed to learn about the basic elements of a meeting minutes and how to make one, you must now learn about the different types that you can make. Know that different types mean that each of them serves to hold information for different types of meetings. Knowing what they are should give you an idea as to which one you should create that is appropriate for the current meeting that is being held. So knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Project Meeting Minutes
- Safety Meeting Minutes
- School Meeting Minutes
- Construction Meeting Minutes
- Committee Meeting Minutes
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Church Meeting Minutes
If you would like to learn about the other types of meeting minutes that you can make, or if you want to learn about other documents besides meeting minutes, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you are able to acquire all of the information that you need.
Meeting Minute FAQs
How Can I Easily Make a Meeting Minutes?
The easiest method of making one is by making use of a printable template. This is because the only thing that you have to do is to open it and change whatever information is placed into the dummy text into whatever you want. If you like, you can use the templates that are available in this article.
Is There a Way to Ensure that I Can Cover Everything?
If you think that it is too difficult for you to cover the meeting alone, then you can always ask someone to provide you with assistance. Just make sure that this person is able to pay close attention to everything that is happening as well and that this person is willing to help you.
Although making a meeting minutes document may take much time and effort, it’s always best that you know how to make one should the time come where you are required to do so. So long as you make the most out of the information that is presented in this article, then you shouldn’t have to worry about making a proper meeting minutes document.