10+ Ticket Designs & Templates
Are you planning on putting up an event? While some events use invitations in order to gather attendees, others use tickets instead, but these two actually have a difference in terms of how they are used. With invitations, they are mostly used in more intimate or private events wherein the host wishes to specifically pick out the people that they want to attend.
With tickets, on the other hand, they are commonly used in events in which everybody is welcome to attend. Tickets can be used to make a profit as well as to determine the success of the event by keeping track of the attendees. Below, we have various ticket templates that you can download from our website, feel free to look into them.
Elements of a Good Ticket
- The name of the organization or the company, and their respective logo. This will help give the prospective audience an idea as to who is responsible for putting together the event. If the event is being organized by multiple businesses or organizations, each one should be acknowledged on the ticket for brand recognition.
- The name of the event. When organizing an event, it should always have a unique or catchy name in order to attract audiences. Though for events that are held annually, you may be allowed to use the same name over and over again, simply end it with the year that the event will take place.
- A catchphrase to support the name of an event. To help support the name of the event as well as to really drive audiences towards it, make a short catchphrase or tagline and place it either over or under the main title.
- The date and time of the event. This provides the holder with an answer to the “when” question, which is important to inform them of the actual date and time that the event will take place.
- The venue where the event will be held. This element is just important as the date and time and this is to provide people with the answer to the “where” question. When writing the location, you may be allowed to write the actual name of the place along with the street address.
- A bar or QR code for scanning. Nowadays, event organizers have the choice to go the traditional way of tearing off part of the ticket stub, or they can also go the modern method of scanning the bar or QR code to make the process faster.
10 Ticket Templates
National Baseball Association Ticket Template
Blank Modern Raffle Ticket Template
Simple Concert Event Ticket Template
Simple Annual Concert Ticket Template
Modern Concert Event Ticket Template
Football Sports Ticket Invitation Template
Silhouette Movie Night Ticket Template
Vintage Concert Event Ticket Template
Simple Travel Company Ticket Template
Geometric Shapes Event Ticket Template
Steps to Designing a Good Ticket
- Determine first how you want to present the theme of your event through imagery. Would you want to make it fancy and colorful? Or would you prefer a minimal design?
- The next thing to do is to decide how big you want your tickets and if you want them to have a landscape or portrait orientation. The different dimensions and orientation have their own purpose, so be sure to take note of those before deciding which ones to use.
- With regards to the design, choose a background image and graphical elements that are appropriate to the type of event. Also, make sure that the font/s used is/are legible enough.
- In terms of paper stock, find one that’s durable and sturdy enough, you may even choose between matte or glossy paper stock.
- And when printing your tickets, if you’re planning to print them yourselves, set your printer to print in the highest setting for the best quality. However, you can always save yourself the hassle by actually having them printed by printing companies.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Ticket Layout
- For a more durable finish, you may also want to laminate your tickets after printing them. This way, your tickets can’t be easily ripped or they won’t become soggy when they get wet.
- Always find space for the name and logos of the participating businesses and organizations, especially those that helped in the funding.
- Keep the layout as clean and organized as possible. Your tickets are meant to provide the holder with the information they need regarding the event, so make that your priority.
Types of Tickets
1. Event Tickets
These are tickets that permit the holder to an event venue and participate in the activities and/or entertainment that are taking place. These tickets can be bought directly from the event organizers or from authorized ticketing booths. And for some event organizers, they would even urge their partners or sponsors to help in the selling of tickets. But nowadays, people also have the choice to buy event tickets online, though they will need to print out the tickets themselves as opposed to the ticket stub that is issued when buying from physical ticketing booths.
2. Movie Tickets
This type of ticket is used specifically to allow a person to enter a movie theater and watch a screening of the movie indicated on the ticket. Aside from the title of the movie, vintage movie tickets also bear the date and time of the ticket’s validity, the theater number, and the seat number unless the movie allows free-seating privileges. Movie tickets can be bought directly from the movie theater or from the theater’s website, though there have also been third-party websites and apps that are authorized to sell movie tickets.
3. Airline Tickets
Otherwise known as travel tickets, this type of ticket simply acts as a document for verifying that a person has paid the required fee to be able to reserve an airline seat. However, these tickets can not be used directly and will need to be presented to the airline staff at the airport in order to secure a boarding pass, which will then allow the holder entry to the airline. People can choose to buy plane tickets at the airline’s office, at an authorized travel agency, or through the internet.
4. Meal Tickets
Just like meal vouchers, meal tickets are used to permit the holder the chance to dine or have a meal in a restaurant indicated on the ticket. Meal tickets are commonly issued or given away by food establishments, or they can also be bought and given as a gift the same way gift certificates are being used.
5. Season Tickets
These tickets are very common in sports events and cover the entire season. With regards to a season, it refers to the entire duration wherein the games are in session. Depending on the type of sport, the season ticket permits the holder to every single game that occurs for that team within the entire season.
6. Parking Tickets
These are tickets that act as a receipt to confirm that a person has paid for their parking spot. Parking tickets are either issued by an attendant or personnel working in that parking area, or they can also be printed out automatically by parking meters upon inserting the needed coins. Oftentimes, parking tickets indicate the time the payment was made, and this is to help the person keep track of how long they have parked their car.
7. Traffic Tickets
These tickets also act as a receipt to confirm that a person has made their payment, but this is due to a traffic violation. There are two ways in which traffic tickets are issued, they may be handed directly to the violator if caught on-the-spot by a traffic enforcer or police officer, or it may also be sent through the mail if the violation was captured via a high-speed camera. For traffic tickets that are left unsaid, they will almost always lead to a more serious violation.
8. Lottery Tickets
These tickets are mainly used for gambling and winning cash prizes, and are only issued by authorized centers or booths. The game of lottery involves selecting numbers and waiting for the announcement of the official result. Depending on the result, a holder may win some money or end up with nothing. In times when nobody wins the jackpot prize, its amount will grow constantly until somebody finally wins it.
Sizes of Tickets
- 2 x 5.5 inches
- 2.75 x 5.5 inches
- 2.75 x 8.5 inches
- 3.5 x 8.5 inches
What is meant by the “admit one” statement written on an event ticket?
Basically, the word “admit” is synonymous with “letting in”, and admitting one refers to letting only one person enter the event premises for each ticket presented.
Is it necessary to print out electronic tickets?
Electronic tickets—or e-tickets—may or may not be printed out. Usually, e-tickets come with a bar or QR code for scanning, or they can also contain a serial number that event organizers can use as a reference.
If you’re looking for high-quality, downloadable ticket templates at very reasonable rates, then Template.net has everything you need. It’s got templates not only for tickets but also for other kinds of documents and designs. You’ll definitely find what you need here in Template.net, so feel free to look around.