Planning a Christmas party or event can be stressful especially once you are already in the middle of the holiday season. To make matters easier, it is best to create and send out your Christmas invitation cards at an earlier date. This simple act can help organize the party planning process and also give you peace of mind during the holidays.
In this article, we aim to help anyone planning a holiday event create well-designed invitation cards using any pre-made Christmas invitation templates. We are also providing design tips and hacks to help transform simple card designs into something truly magical and worthy of the Christmas season.
The more formal the Christmas event you are planning, the more likely you will be needing a formal invitation card. And to create the best invitation cards, you need to incorporate all of the essential elements we have listed down below. Study each element and assess your own invitation designs until you create the best Christmas invitation card for your party or event.
1. Invitation Wording: The first element that should be found in a good Christmas invitation card is its wording. After all, how will the card’s recipient know what the card is for if it does not include in any text? Pattern your invitation’s content according to the theme and type of event you are hosting. For example, if you are planning a formal corporate Christmas party, it is best to word your invitation in a professional manner and use an elegant Christmas invitation template design.
2. Paper Quality: Another way to make any Christmas invitation card appear more enticing is by printing it on high-quality paper or card stock. This is especially important if you want your invitation cards to be regarded well by its recipients. Choose thick paper or card stock as they are more durable and they will look good when incorporating various new printing techniques.
3. Typography: One’s choice of typefaces, font styles, and their arrangement is another aspect that will help transform a simple Christmas invitation card into something more. Choose fonts, colors, kerning, and a general layout that will help you tell a story or help you spread a message in a better way.
4. Card Design Layout: The next important characteristic that makes a compelling Christmas invitation card is a good layout. Choose a layout or formatting style that is organized and creative. You may follow the built-in layouts found in pre-made templates or you may come up with one yourself. The most important thing is that you choose a card layout that will make it easier for the card recipient to read and comprehend the content of the invitation card.
5. Card Theme: If there is one thing that can readily transform a simple Christmas invitation card into something more compelling, then it choosing a good card design theme. As the event planner or host, it is your job to come up with an event theme that will help connect all the design elements used for the event. An invitation card that follows a coherent theme will appear more organized and well-designed.
And that’s it! Be sure to incorporate all these elements into your own Christmas invitation card designs and you will surely have a compelling card design that your guests will find difficult to turn down.
Featured below are invitation designs in PSD, Word, AI, and various other formats and templates specifically designed for whatever Christmas event you are planning to host. Take a look at each template design below and be inspired into creating or customizing your own design.
Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, the holidays are still a perfect time for family members and friends to gather and catch up. And creating a Christmas or event invitation cards can help pique people’s interests about the planned event. Shared below are a few more best practices or tips that can help anyone make their own invitation cards stand out.
1. Use matching envelopes: One way to make sure that your guests pay attention to the content of your invitation card is by using envelope designs that complement the card design. Doing this tells your guests that your Christmas event is organized and well-planned as they already see the effort it took to create an equally well-designed envelope.
2. Include a short handwritten note: Since it is the holiday season, a short handwritten note included in your Christmas invitation cards can help make your invitation more personalized. This way, your Christmas invitation cards may also double as a greeting or thank you cards. And that is something many card recipients will not expect.
3. Try advanced printing methods: If you want to have elegant and enticing Christmas invitation cards, explore using advanced printing methods. For example, you may try out foil printing or embossed printing. These printing methods will allow you to emphasize certain text and image elements in your card design. The end result is a more professional and creative Christmas invitation card. To know what printing options are available for you, it is best to consult with your local printing company first.
4. Include a reply card: Another seldom used invitation card inclusion is having an RSVP card or reply card. This allows invited guests to confirm their attendance at your Christmas event. As the event planner, you will also have more time to prepare the logistics of your planned event. When creating a matching response card for your Christmas invitation card, make sure that it also uses the same design elements as that of your invitation card and envelope.
5. Choose timeless design elements: In addition to applying all the design elements we have discussed at the beginning of this article, it is also important to choose timeless design elements. For example, you may choose stylish font styles and other design elements but also make sure that they are appropriate for whatever type of event you are planning. Timeless designs tend to generally be more presentable and, when combined with modern elements, the end result can be simply eye-catching.
6. Use a pre-made Christmas invitation template: Using printable invitation templates is a more cost-effective and time-efficient way to create Christmas invitation cards since you no longer need to create a card design from scratch. For example, with a chalkboard Christmas party invitation card template, you do not need to choose and layout the chalkboard and other design elements for the invitation card. The template will already include a pre-formatted layout and placeholders. All you have to do is fill out the placeholders with your own party’s details.
Study all the design tips mentioned above. Once you have internalized all the steps, you can begin applying them to your own invitation card designs. Do not forget to take inspiration from the multiple holiday invitation cards embedded within this article. And to take a look at different invitation card templates and designs, browse through the rest of our website.
When it comes to creating Christmas invitation cards, there is no one standard card size to follow. In this article, however, the default printing size is 5 inches by 7 inches. Template end users may still resize the template to whatever paper size they prefer.
An invitation template is a pre-made digital file that contains all the design, font, and text elements needed to create an invitation card. It is called a Christmas invitation template when all the formatting, design, style, image, and text elements used pertains to the holidays and the Christmas season.
A Christmas invitation card is a document printed on paper or cardstock that asks another person to attend an event, party, or celebration. It also features a card cover design following a Christmas theme. An invitation letter also works just like an invitation card. However, it does not have cover design and it is written in a more formal way.
Just other kinds of invitation cards, Christmas invitation cards are best sent out at least two weeks before the actual event date. This gives the guests enough time to prepare for the said event or party.
Learning how to create Christmas invitations using any of the pre-formatted card templates shared above can help decrease your workload during the stressful holiday season. Bookmark and refer back to this article so that you can reread all the design tips at your convenience. To see more examples of printable Christmas holiday templates, check out the rest of Template.Net.