10+ Cake Order Template
Considering the fact that there are a ton of events and that they usually have cake involved, the companies that provide them will need to come up with a system that allows their customers to easily make an order for one. It may not sound like much work, it’s actually difficult taking note of every single order that a customer makes.
That’s why these companies need to make use of cake order forms to help them keep track of every order made by their customers. This article is going to teach you how to go about in creating your very own cake order form.
Elements of a Good Cake Order
If you’re going to make one, then you should know that there are a couple of elements that you’re going to implement in every cake order document that you make. The reason as to why you’re going to have to make sure that they’re in the order form is because they’re what’s needed in order for both the customers and the product provider to understand all of the details regarding the transaction.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that’s needed to make a good cake order template:
1. Order and Delivery Date: This is very important as both the provider and the customer will want to know the exact date in which the order was placed. Also, this will help both keep track as to when the delivery is to be expected. Make sure that you write down the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any confusion as to when either the other was taken or when it has to be delivered.
2. Customer Details: The company that has to provide the cake will want to know the basic details of the customer that they’ll be delivering the cake too. So it’s here where you’ll need to write that person’s name, as well as the delivery address to ensure that the cake makes its way to the right place and person.
3. Cake Details: It’s here where you’ll need to write down all of the details regarding the cake that the customer wishes to order. This should include everything from how many tiers the cake should have, to the kind of flavor that the customer would want.
10+ Cake Order Samples
Cake Order Template
Free Cake Order Form
Free Cake Order Confirmation Form
Bakery Cake Order Form
Decorated Cake Order Form
Holiday Cake Order Template
Ice Cream Cake Order Template
Simple Cake Order Template
Printable Cake Order Template
Birthday Cake Order Template
Wedding Cake Order Template
How to Make a Cake Order
Now that you have managed to learn what it is that should be in a cake order, then the next step is for you to learn how you should go about in making one. Although making a cake order isn’t necessarily a difficult thing to do, there are still a couple of things that you’re going to have to consider to ensure that it’s able to provide all of the information that both parties will need in regards to the order.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper cake order document:
1. Make Sure to Get All of the Details of the Customer:
Before you begin making the order, you’re going to want to confirm all of the information about the customer to whom the cake is for. Make sure that you are able to include the following:
- Name: Remember that the point of the document is to point out exactly who made the order and who to deliver the cake to. So it’s here where you’re going to have to write down the complete name of the person to whom the delivery should be made to. Be sure that he/she provides a first name, last name, and middle initial so that there won’t be any confusions or misunderstandings in regards to identity.
- Address: It’s here where you’re going to want to place the delivery address of the person who made the order. Doing this ensures that the cake makes its way to the right place. As you write it down, be sure to ask for all of the delivery address details. Know what state the location is in, the city, zip code, etc.
2. Know When the Cake Is Supposed to Expected by the Customer:
You’re going to have to ask the customer the date in which he/she expects the cake to arrive. This alone can tell you if the the order is doable, or if the customer is asking something for a delivery date on something that you’re not capable of doing. So if the customer gives you an order on something that you know you’re able to do in time, then write down the date in the order form. If it’s something that isn’t possible, then you simply need to tell the customer that it cannot be done within the time he/she has given you.
3. Write Down the Details of the Cake Being Ordered:
If you’ve accepted the order, then it’s here where you’ll be writing down all of the details regarding the type of cake that the customer wishes to order. You have to make sure that you don’t miss out on a single one as the customer will be expecting you to delivery a cake that meets with his/her expectations. So what you’re going to have to do is to make a list of the following:
- The tiers
- The size and the shape of the cake
- What flavors should the cake have
- If there’s a color scheme that the customer would like
- Any inscriptions
- Decorations that need to be placed
- The type of frosting
At the end, you can also place a section where the customer can write down any special instructions that he/she might like to add. This can actually help as you’ll be able to know exactly how the customer wishes for you to make the cake.
Tips for Making a Cake Order
- Make sure to create an order form with the right format: No matter what kind of cake order form you make, know that there is a format for every different type. It’s best that you know what these are so that you’ll have an idea as to what information has to be in the document, as well as how you can present it in an organized and professional way. If you’re having trouble in terms of figuring out what format you should go for, then you simply need to take a look at the many different cake order samples that you can find online and use them as a reference.
- Double check with the customer: Before you finalize everything in the order form, it’s always best that you do a double check with the customer who asked for the cake. The last thing that you want to do is for you to make a mistake in terms of the type of cake that has to be made or the information regarding the customer. So all you have to do is to confirm with the customer about all of the information that you’ve written down.
Types of Cake Order
If you’re going to make one, then you should know that there are a bunch of different types that you are going to have to consider. Know that each type of cake order is meant for different reasons. It’s best that you know what they are so that you’ll have an idea as to what kind you’ll have to make. So here are a few examples:
- Restaurant Cake Order
- Bakery Cake Order
- Personal Cake Order
- Blank Cake Order
If you want to learn about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site so that you can get the information that you need.
Cake Order Sizes
When the time comes that you do have to make one, you should know that there’s a standard size to make it in. This would be around 8.5 by 11 inches, or basically the size of your typical A4 or US. The reason as to why you want to stick with the standard is because it looks professional and it’s enough to contain all of the information you’ll want it to have.
Cake Order FAQs
What Can I Use to Make One?
There are many different programs that can help you make one, with Word programs being the more popular among the bunch. When it comes to choosing which one you want to use, just make sure that it has all of the tools that you need and is basically easy to utilize.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes. What you’re going to need is both a cake order template and the program that you’ve managed to download and install. Use the program to open up the template and then proceed to make whatever changes you think it needs. If you’re having trouble finding templates, then you can simply make use of the ones available in this article.
Make sure to use all of the information in this article wisely. That way you can guarantee that whatever cake order document you’ll end up making will be able to contain the information that you’ll want it to have.