Whenever a customer requires that particular goods or services be provided, they’ll want to inform the business that’s in charge of giving them what they need. In turn, the business that’s willing to accept what’s being asked must obtain details such as what it is that customer wants, when does he/she need it, where it should be provided and so on.
The perfect document that’s able to hold all of that information would be an order form. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you should go about in creating and form and what you should put inside it.
Elements of an Order Form
An ideal order form is supposed to help business clearly understand what it is that they have to provide their customers and clients. If you want the one you’re going to create to be able to do that, then you’ll have to make sure that it has the right information. The one way to ensure that it does is by making sure that it has all of the right elements. Implement them properly, and you can guarantee that you’ll be able to create a proper order form.
So with that, here are the basic elements of an order form:
1. Title: A title is something that’s able to provide readers with an idea as to what the order form is going to be used for and what it’s supposed to contain. When coming up with a title for the document, you have to make sure that it’s related to the purpose that it’s intended for. So let’s say that your business is one that provides cakes to its customers. You’ll want the title to be something like “Cake Order Form” as you want it to be direct as possible when it comes to telling your customers about what the form is used for.
2. Business Information: This is where you’ll be putting in information on your business. Make sure to include its name, contact details, and even address as the customer may need it if there are any issues regarding an order he/she made.
3. Basic Information: When taking in orders, you’ll want to know exactly who is responsible for making it in the first place. So you’ll want the order form to contain spaces where the customer is able to place all of the information that will confirm his/her identity. Aside from the name, you’ll want the customer to put in his/her contact information and address; that way, you’ll be able to keep in contact should there be any concerns regarding the order and you’ll know exactly where the goods and/or services have to be provided at.
4. Order Number: Every order form that you end up creating should have its own unique order number. This is to help both you and the customer keep track of whatever order has been made. Be sure that there are no forms with the same number as that can only lead to complications which could either delay or even halt the entire order.
5. Order Details: It’s important for you to provide the necessary spaces that allow the customer to put in all of the details regarding what he/she wants for you to provide. You’ll want information on things such as descriptions of the goods/services, the quantity in which they should be provided in, the location in which they must be provided at, etc.
13+ Order Form in Apple Number
Catering Order Template
Event Order Template
Service Order Template
Blank Order Form Template
Special Order Form Template
Simple Order Form Template
Work Order Template
Delivery Order Template
Product Order Form Template
Customer Order Form Template
Food Order Form Template
Purchase Order Format
Uniform Order Form Template
How to Make an Order Form
Every business has its own unique order form, but the way in which they are created is almost always done in a similar manner. Learning what should be in the document is important, but you also have to make sure that customers/clients place the information in a way that will make it easier for the service provider to comprehend what it is that they want. The only way that it’s going to be able to do that is if you know exactly how you should go about in its creation.
With that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper order form:
1. Access Launchpad: Should you decide to create an order form in Apple Numbers, then you’ll want to make use of the Launchpad program. If you’re going to do this, then take note that Launchpad is meant specifically for iOS devices such as Macs. If you do not have one, then it’s best to go with other alternatives. If you have access to Launchpad, then here are the things that you’ll need to do in order to create your order form:
- Open Launchpad.
- Click on the numbers icon.
- Click on the type of document you want to create by choosing from the list you’ll see on the left.
- Click on the template that matches whatever it is that you need (since you’re making an order form, look for order templates).
- Click Choose to open a new document using the template you selected.
Take note that you can use the same method to help yo create other types of documents in Apple Numbers.
2. Create your order form: After learning how to use Apple Numbers to create the document, next is to learn how you should put in the information it needs. So here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Know what kind of orders you’re going to take: Before you think about creating your order form, you’ll have to first understand what kind of orders your business is willing to accept from its customers. This way, you’ll have an idea as to what kind of information you’re goinn to ask from them which will allow you to create an order form that allows you to acquire what you need. Also, this will help you come up with an appropriate title for the document.
- Be sure to point out exactly what you need: Again, the only way you’ll be able to provide whatever it is that the customer wants is if you have all the information you need. So what you’ll need to do is to make sure that the order form has the right amount of spaces that the customer can put in everything you need to know. Ensure that the order form points out exactly what it is that you need so that you can complete the order on time and without any issues.
Tips for Making an Order Form
- Consider the layout of the document: If you want to make sure that everything will be presented in a way that will be easier for the customer to fill up, then you’ll have to think about what layout your order form should have. Think about where certain pieces of information should be shown and where the customer needs to place what’s needed. Check out the samples of order forms on our site to help give you an idea of what layout you should go for.
- Proofread and edit: To ensure that the document looks professional, you’ll have to proofread and edit everything. That way, you can avoid issues such as the customer not knowing what he/she needs to put into the document.
Types of Order Form
Next thing for you to learn would be the types of order forms you can create. Different businesses mean that they provide customers with their own unique products and services; it’s because of this that there are also different types of order forms that can be created. It’s best for you to learn about the different types that you can create as you’ll want to make one that can help you easily take down and deliver on customer and client orders. So with that, here are a few examples:
- Service Order Form
- Online Order Form
- Cake Order Form
- Food Order Form
- Product Order Form
- Sales Order Form
- Purchase Order Form
- Customer Order Form
- Work Order Form
- Gift Order Form
- Delivery Order Form
- Fundraiser Order Form
If you want to learn more about the different types of order forms and what they do, or if you want to learn about other documents, then you have the option to search our site for what you need; it should have the articles that can provide you with the information you’re looking for.
Order Form FAQs
What if a customer fails to include an important piece of information?
Should that lacking piece of information be critical in ensuring that the order is done completely and on time, then you’ll need to contact the customer as soon as possible? All you have to do is to go through the form and find the basic information section. It’s there where you should be able to see his/her contact details.
What’s the easiest way to make an order form?
The easiest known way of making an order form, or any form for that matter, would be through the use of a template. Remember that if you choose to use a template, you’ll either have to replace whatever dummy information is already on it or you’ll have to put in what’s needed should there be nothing but blank spaces. You may choose to use the templates that are available in this article should any of them match your needs.
So long as you make the most out of the information presented in this article, then whatever order form you create will help you complete orders properly and efficiently.