10+ Order Templates in Google Docs
People or businesses who are tasked with providing goods and/or services to specific clients will need all of the details in order to do what they are supposed to. This would include information such as the identities of the client, where these things need to be provided, what specifically has to be provided and so on.
The perfect document that should be able to contain all of that information would happen to be an order form. This article will teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with your own.
Elements of an Order Document
As the service provider, you will need to know the elements of an order document if you want to be able to make one. It is important that you are able to gain all of the information you need, meaning that the sheet you are going to make must be one that allows the client to put in exactly what it is that you need to know. The only way that is going to happen is if you are able to implement the basic elements into the document.
So with that, here are the basic elements of an order document:
1. Client Information: The service provider will want to know the complete identity of the client. This means that the order document will need to contain the client’s complete name, as well as other pieces of information such as the client’s address and contact details.
2. Order Number: When making your order document, it is very important that you are able to include an order number. The point of having one is so that both the client and the service provider can keep track of the transaction between them. So in the event that either loses a copy of their order document but remember the order number, then you can simply use that to pull up the information. Make sure that each order form has its own unique order number to avoid any problems.
3. Order Information: Remember that if you want to be able to provide the client with everything that he/she needs, then you will need all of the right information. This means that you’re going to have to provide the appropriate spaces for where information such as descriptions of the goods and/or services, the quantity that they should be provided in, and the price of each can be placed.
4. Billing Details: It is here where the document will need to point out the total amount that the client will have to pay for what has been provided. Not only that, but it also needs to contain other details such as the amount of tax that contributed to the final amount and the method of payment that the client is willing to push through with.
10+ Order Templates in Google Docs
Food Order Form Template
Delivery Order Template
Blank Order Form Template
Work Order Template
Purchase Order Format
Product Order Form Template
Simple Order Form Template
Customer Order Form Template
Special Order Form Template
Uniform Order Form Template
How to Make an Order Document
The next thing that you are going to have to do now that you know about the basic elements is to learn how to create the order document itself. Remember that an order form’s main purpose is to provide the client with all of the details regarding whatever it is that a client wants. The only way that the document will be able to do that is if you are able to make it in a way that it should be able to contain all of the right information.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to create a proper order document:
1. Access Google Docs: If you are going to use Google Docs to make your order document, then the first thing that you are going to need is a way to access it. So what this means is that in order for you to use Google Docs, you will need to have a Google Account. If you do not already have one by this point, then you can simply create one by going to Google’s main site. Once you have it, proceed to do the following:
- Log into your account by putting your email and password.
- Navigate your way to Docs icon and click it.
- Select if you would like to start from a black document or if you would like to choose from the available templates.
If you like, you can use the same process to help you create other types of documents via Google Docs.
2. Create your order document: It is your responsibility to ensure that the order document you are making will eventually contain the information it needs. Here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Put in all of the required spaces: Remember that if you want to know what it is exactly that your client wishes for you to provide, then that means you will need the right amount of spaces in which you can place all of the information in. Think about what it is that you need to know. This will depend on the type of order document that you are going to make, so look into it carefully so that you can provide the appropriate amount of spaces.
- Consider the layout of the document: If you want the information on the document to look organized and professional, then you will need to think of what layout you are going to use. This will help you find what information you or the client is looking for with ease and it’s a great way for making your order document look presentable.
Tips for Making an Order Document
- Check and see if there is anything missing: The last thing that you want is for you to have incomplete details regarding whatever it is that the client has ordered for you to do. To avoid scenarios that could potentially lead to you messing up the order, you’ll want to do a thorough check to see if there is any important information that you lack.
- Fix any errors that you come across: You’ll want to avoid situations such as providing the wrong amount of goods or sending everything to the wrong address. What this means is that you will need to do another thorough check just to see if you didn’t make any mistakes when inputting the information. Again, do this on your own or ask the right person to aid you. Once you spot a mistake, make sure to fix it immediately.
Types of Order Documents
When you think about the many different types of clients and businesses there are, it would only be natural that there would be many different kinds of orders that can be made. Since there are many different types of orders, it would only make sense that there would be just as many types of order forms. So long as you know what kind of order document you can create, then you’ll make the one that you need. So here are a few examples:
- Service Order Form
- Online Order Form
- Purchase Order Form
- Cake Order Form
- Food Order Form
- Gift Order Form
- Delivery Order Form
- Fundraiser Order Form
- Customer Order Form
- Work Order Form
- Product Order Form
- Sales Order Form
Should you wish to learn more about the different types of order forms that you can create, or if you want to learn about documents other than order forms, then you simply need to go through our site until you can find the articles that can provide you with the information you need.
Order Document FAQs
How do I deal with information that the client did not provide me with?
If there’s specific information that you are lacking that you cannot figure out on your own, then it is best to communicate directly with the client. However, just make sure that you do not do this often as you do not want to be seen as someone who is incompetent.
Should I provide a physical or digital copy of the order document to the client?
If the client requests for a copy of the order form, then it is best if you can provide both a physical or digital copy. Although there are instances wherein you can only provide one out of the two, just make sure that you provide both when the situation allows you to.
Make use of all the information that will teach you how to make an order document as you want to guarantee that the one you make is able to properly collect all of the details regarding a client’s order.