When working for a company, there will come a time where certain employees will need to be ordered by the higher-ups to do specific tasks. Those who are in charge of providing these tasks will also need to provide all of the details regarding how the tasks should be done.
This is when a work order will come in handy as it can provide all of the information that one would need to do the task right. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with a proper work order.
Company Maintenance Work Order
Company Transport Work Order
Free Sample Work Order
Elements of a Good Company Work Order
Should the time come that you have to make a company work order, know that there are elements that you must be aware of? Each element is required in order for the document to provide the information that’s needed. Basically, without them, those who are in charge of carrying out the tasks will not be able to do so in the way that’s expected.
So knowing that here are the basic elements required to make a good company work order:
1. Company Letterhead: It’s here where both the name and the logo of the company must be placed. It’s normally used for identifying purposes as one would need to determine the company in which the order originated from
2. Information on the Person Who Ordered: Those who are in charge of doing the tasks will want to confirm the identity of the one that has ordered it to be done. This is where information such as the names, contact details, and addresses will be needed.
3. Dates: If you’re going to order someone to do something specific, then you’ll want to point out when it needs to be done. This is where you’re going to have to place the dates such as that for delivery of products or when the service needs to be done.
4. Order Details: One must know what is needed to be provided. You’ll want to include information such as what items need to be delivered, the quantity, tasks that need to be done, descriptions, etc.
5. Payment Details: Orders that are made by customers will require that these people pay for the services that have been rendered. So it’s here where information such as the amount that has to be paid or the unit price of every item has to be written down.
Free Work Order Template
Printable Work Order Format
How to Make a Company Work Order
Now that you have a grasp as to what should be in a company work order, the next thing to do is to learn how to make one. Considering that there are many different pieces of information that has to be in the document, you’re going to have to makes sure that you know exactly how they should be presented. That way, both parties can guarantee that the order will be carried out exactly as expected.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper sample work order:
1. Make Sure to Provide a Work Order Number: Aside from adding basic information such as names, contact details, and address details, you will need to write down the work order number as well. The point of the number is so that one will be able to keep track of the specific work order that has been made. This means that each company work order should have its own unique work order number
2. Explain the Details of the Order: It’s here where you will need to write down all of the information in regards to how the order should be done. Depending on the type of order that’s being made, different pieces of information will be required. Here are a few examples of what you can place within work orders:
- Reason for Request: Some work orders require that you place the reason as to why it’s being made. This is usually done for orders that take place internally in a company. No matter what kind of reason it may be, it must be explained properly in order to determine whether the reason is acceptable enough for the order to be approved.
- Item Description: Whether it’s a product or a service that’s being ordered, there needs to be a proper description for both. That way, the person/company who made the order and the service provider can ensure that what needs to be provided is written down. Just make sure to provide a complete description so that there won’t be any problems.
- Quantity: These are specifically for orders that require certain products to be used or delivered. The amount that’s written for the quantity for each item can determine the total price that needs to be paid. So what you’ll need to do is to provide an accurate number to ensure that the only what’s needed is provided.
3. Write Down the Details Regarding Payment: If it’s an order made by a customer, then you’re going to have to write down the method of payment. You have to make sure that the following are included:
- Unit price: This is the amount that has to be paid for every individual item that is listed in the work order form. The amount of a particular item will increase depending on the quantity that’s being ordered. Again, just make sure that you know exactly just how much should be ordered to ensure that you write down the right amount in terms of quantity.
- Total price: This is the total amount that has to be paid by the person who made the order. Be sure to add all of the items and that there are no errors in terms of calculation.
- Payment method: The service provider will need to know exactly how he/she is getting paid. So it’s here where you’ll need to write down whether the payment method is via cash, credit, check, etc.
Extra Work Order Sample
Company Direct Repair Work Order
Tips for Making a Company Work Order
- Always make sure that the information is accurate: Before you finalize anything that you’ve written down, you have to make sure that there are no mistakes. This means that you’re going to have to check everything from the name of the person who made the request to the description of whatever has been ordered. Best that you go through the work order twice or multiple times to ensure that there are no problems
- Go over the details with the other party: Again, you don’t want to finalize everything unless you know exactly what the other party wants. It’s best that you finalize exactly what’s needed, the amount that it’s needed in, what type of job that needs to be done, how it should be done and so on.
Types of Company Work Order
Work orders come in many different types, and that means that all of them have different purposes. What you should do is to learn what these types are so that you can figure out exactly which you need to make for the right request. Knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Company Maintenance Work Order
- Company Work Order Confirmation
- Company Service Work Order Confirmation
- Company Transport Work Order
- Company Delivery Work Order
In the event that you would like to learn about the other types of order forms that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get the information that you need.
Company Work Order Sizes
When the time comes that you have to make a work order document, then know that they usually come in the following sizes: A4 and US.
The specific measurements for either would usually be around 8.5 by 11 inches. Although there are some who go with a slightly larger or smaller size, it’s best to stick with either an A4 or US as they’re the standard that’s being used by a majority of the businesses today.
Company Work Order FAQs
How Do I Confirm What Should be in the Order?
It’s best that you ask the person who made the request directly so that you will have an easier time confirming all of the information that you’ve written down.
What Can I Use to Make One?
One would usually use a Word program to make a work order as something like that would have all of the necessary tools one needs.
What Templates Can I Use to Make One?
Considering that there are enough templates for a specific work order, you can choose among them as to which one you should be using. However, not all orders will have a specific template, meaning that you can use blank templates to help you make the one you need.
Remember that making a company work order is not something that’s too hard to do, but you’ll need to learn how to make one properly to ensure that it’s able to convey the necessary information. So make the most out of the information presented in this article to guarantee that you’re able to make a well-made company work order.