A work order is a document usually issued by a service company or provider authorizing their team or servicemen to do some repair, maintenance, or service jobs in the field. The document is often patterned after an order template and is customized only based on client details and the scope of services to be rendered.
A work order has evolved into various forms as well considering the existence of many a number of service kinds in the field. Its samples include field work order, automotive work request, and service work order, which are all released after order form making procedures.
Maintenance Work Order Template
Free Work Order
Field Work Order
Automotive Work Request Order in PDF
Service Work Order
How to Write Work Order Template in Excel
Excel has become one useful online tool for executives and professionals who wish to create their business forms, templates, or sheets digitally.
For those who are set to create a work order template out of Excel, the following points can be taken into account, to wit:
- Users may choose to create his template out of scratch or upload some available work order templates online for faster processing.
- Once the document is opened, users may edit some headings to include client details, company details, and order details. Users are suggested to go down the specifics using the spreadsheet. As a reference, they may click sample order template and repair order template.
- Once done, he must save his file using his preferred title and the file type must be templates.
Uses of Work Order
A work order offers a number of advantages in favor of both the service provider and the client, and they are as follows:
- It provides specific details of the service or services rendered to the client.
- It informs the back-office team of the services that have been done by their service staff. Hence, it would be easier for them to do the invoicing later in addition to checking its order template.
- The document, just like construction order templates, serves as a proof that there has been a transaction done between the company and the client.
Repair Work Order
Blank Work Order
Extra Work Order
Stop Work Order
Work Order Format
What is Maintenance Work Order?
A maintenance work order is another business form which specifies the services provided by a company to its respective client as part of their agreed maintenance contract. The form offers some details, to wit:
- Client details, which refer to the client’s full name or business entity, its physical location, phone numbers, email addresses, and the like.
- Company details, which can usually be found in the header’s portion. Contact details, company trademark or logo, and physical address are the common details to be found in this portion.
- The scope of services rendered or performed as part of agreement upon purchase. Materials used are also enumerated in the document.
- Other details such as date of completion, work order number, date of issuance, remarks, and the like can also be depicted.
A work order, be it for products delivered or services performed, must be filled up accordingly by correct details so that the document can become effective as a reference in the future. Further, its importance is the same as that of other business forms like service order template which require proper handling and correct application.